It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawyer for Fort Kent nurse says she "WON'T" abide by quarantine

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: Jainine

you know i'll probably get slammed for this, but here it goes.

you know how you get a impression of people when you first see them,one of the first thoughts i had when i saw some of the pictures of her other than the tent pictures.

first thought was she is a very vain and full of herself. she has no interest in helping others, it's all about her. it's all about me to her. one who enjoys doing things or fighting when people say no you can't do that or you have to do that.

she went there for bragging rights and the prestige, that comes in certain circles.

then i read her essay, tweets, and now this. those just confirm my suspicions. and as one post put it, with the video.

i can hear her going around singing "ain't nobody got time for that."

I have to agree with this assessment of her. I don't know a lot, but one thing I can do is get a gut feeling of what people are like based on initial impressions. She seems very self-centered despite going to W. Africa to help Ebola victims. I believe she only did this to brag about it. Narcissism disguised as altruism.

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Neil Armstrong was quarantined for three weeks and he only went to the moon.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: drwill
a reply to: kaylaluv
I bet to differ.
If someone is holding a loaded gun, motives matter. Even a disordered mind can find justification to pull a trigger.

Ebola's only motivation is to survive. Can we blame something that only wants to survive? Of course we can, if surviving means the death of an innocent person. The motivation is pure, but the consequence of the motivation is death. The motive doesn't matter.

An insane person may think he is ridding the world of evil demonic beings by shooting random people on the street. Is his motivation pure? Sure. Does it matter? Nope - someone still ends up dead.
edit on 29-10-2014 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

How interesting. Viruses have 'motivation' now?

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
The virus is either in her (resulting in an immune reaction leading to a positive test) or not.

The virus needs time to grow in order for the antibodies to be produced and for the tests to come back positive. A person doesn't catch ebola and then, an hour later, have it come out on a blood test. That's the reason for the quarantine. It takes time for it to show, both with symptoms and in the blood test.

As for the rest of your post, the comments about my 'expert opinion' will be ignored and your question about the recently released nurses is irrelevant to the conversation. The bottom line is that it takes time for the virus to show itself, both with symptoms and in blood work, and that is why there is a quarantine. It's just common sense.

If this woman really cared about others, she wouldn't be having a hissy fit about being quarantined. She's welcome it as a precaution against getting others sick.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

I have to agree with this assessment of her. I don't know a lot, but one thing I can do is get a gut feeling of what people are like based on initial impressions. She seems very self-centered despite going to W. Africa to help Ebola victims. I believe she only did this to brag about it. Narcissism disguised as altruism.

I hear actors suffer from the same personality defects....just saying.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

An unconscious motivation to survive - all living things do. Why else would they attach themselves to a host? Why not just lay in a puddle on the ground and die?

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Definition of Motivation - the reason or reasons one has for acting or behaving in a particular way.

The motivation of a virus is to reproduce. That's it's evolutionary driving force. It's the motivation of the virus. Virus PDF And that's also the driving evolutionary force for humans as well.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Neil Armstrong was quarantined for three weeks and he only went to the moon.

That's because he could have had something attached to him that we know nothing about. We wouldn't know how it spreads, when it spreads, airborne, not airborne.

We know quite a bit more about ebola. We know that you don't spread it until you are symptomatic. We know that it is not nearly as contagious in the early stages as it is in the later stages. We know this because we have been dealing with it on this planet since the 1970's.

Viruses from outer space? We know absolutely nothing.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Look, we have strict quarantines in place for agricultural concerns like livestock and imported goods but we shouldn't take precautions regarding a level 4 pathogen among humans? It's nonsensical.

ITA. My 86-year old mother picked up a rock in Ireland, and US Customs confiscated it. Mom had no idea that she'd done something wrong. Another poster on this forum stated that he couldn't bring a lemon into California from a neighboring state. But a visitor from W.Africa who may or may not carry a concealed, level-4 biohazard gets to choose her terms of quarantine--or the lack of one? It's a cray-cray world, as my old (but hip) mama would say.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Jainine

The key word is reason. Virus is a complex chemical. It binds to proteins in it's host the same way a sodium ion will bind with chlorine ion. It's biochemical... not motivated by reason or some other 'higher' driving force. This virus --- most viruses --- are simply strands of RNA. They chemically replicate if introduced to a suitable biochemical environment.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
What really surprises me about all this is that America collectively lost it's **** when a few monkeys came up positive with it in the recent past. Now humans are showing up with it and suddenly it is "no big deal".

Very odd, the dichotomy there.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

ITA.
There's quite a debate about viruses--are they even alive?
Are Viruses Alive or Dead?

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Well at least she said she would defy the order so now she has some company outside her home.
tweet
one of the tweets says she is not there.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
It's hard for me to form an opinion on this issue. I totally understood her problem with staying in a tent in a parking lot with no shower and a porta-potty, but in her own home? I know I would do it without a second thought. I'd like to know her reasons. But I'm certainly not going to assume she's selfish, vain or thoughtless, as so many are. If being symptom-free is her only reason, we all know that there is a period before the symptoms appear... It's just confusing.

Maine (any state or government) has the legal right to impost quarantine (whether based on science or not).
Maine calls this a "voluntary" quarantine, but says they'll use legal means to enforce it. How is that "voluntary"?

I totally support her right to fight this and (that's freedom) but I wouldn't do the same in her shoes, simply because there IS a chance she has the virus and people are clearly scared out of their minds. She also may find herself paying a legal price.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508
You yelled - She DOES NOT HAVE THE VIRUS.
Response - That can't be said until the quarantine is up.

You asked - Virus' have motivation?
Response - Inherent evolutionary replication.

Again - the bottom line is that she is not clear of the virus until the 21 day incubation period is up. Her behavior is selfish and, frankly, appalling for a person who is supposed to be caring about others.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: UnBreakable
Narcissism disguised as altruism.

Hmmm ...

Narcissism - extreme selfishness, with a grandiose view of one's own talents and a craving for admiration, as characterizing a personality type.

Alturism - the belief in or practice of disinterested and selfless concern for the well-being of others. Behavior of an animal that benefits another at its own expense.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 10/29/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: whatnext21

The people of Ft Whatever started a FB page to get her out of town. Posted this somewhere in this thread yesterday.

ETA: May have been in the other thread on her. Sorry I get confused.
edit on 10/29/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

That's all well and good but what of the nurse that was symptomatic and took a flight to Ohio? If people, either in the healthcare community or without, are going to be prone to abject stupidity and put others in potential peril because they don't think they're THAT sick or whatever, then you bet--quarantine them. It keeps the CDC and states' health officials less busy tracking down every person they had contact with.

Is it an overreaction on the states' part? At this point, I really don't think so. I'd rather see them overreact a smidgen and put someone in quarantine for 21 days then flip out in the oft chance that that person suddenly develops a fever and suddenly have to notify and monitor 50+ people.

It's 21 days for god's sake. She can take it as a vacation. She gets to relax, hang out at home, and have a super movie fest. It is NOT the end of the freaking world.

And for the record, I've been in quarantine for infectious disease by my state for several weeks (Rubella) and none of us screamed about it.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Latest is Kaci is now planning on suing Maine. She says she doesn’t believe in quarantines, that she can determine when she is sick.

“I don’t plan on sticking to the guidelines. I remain appalled by these home quarantine policies that have been forced upon me, even though I am in perfectly good health and feeling strong and have been this entire time completely symptom free,” Kaci Hickox told TODAY.

“I truly believe this policy is not scientifically nor constitutionally just, and so I’m not going to sit around and be bullied around by politicians and be forced to stay in my home when I am not a risk to the American public.”

Source

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join