It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antares Rocket Explodes During Launch

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dracan6
I was going to do a write up on this, this morning. (I wish I had) We saw a rocket very clearly in the sky last afternoon, then come to find out out later--the launch was canceled!
How many people saw a rocket go up at the designated time yesterday afternoon?
I for one, my wife was by me, saw a rocket. A friend a few miles away saw it as well. We all have astronomy optics, and we all saw it!
To see an event, that wasn't supposed to happen. Vexed me a lot.

Now that the delayed event, blew up. I am defiantly going to have to get some stuff together. I have taken a screen shot, of the same questions on the NASA site.

Please see autumnwitch657 first post on page 2.. she claimed the same thing before she corrected her thought, after her husband told it was delayed...

This is interesting..
Can't wait for your write up!

edit on 29-10-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Panic at the press site. "Holy Mackerel!"

www.youtube.com...

Beautiful explosion detail there.

The Guardian article states that the technicians detonated a self-destruct mechanism six seconds after launch because of a “catastrophic” equipment failure.

As a side note, I know many people have been hailing the dawn of private space launches. But I think in reality this will mean more failures like this. Were it a NASA rocket, I'm sure they wouldn't have used those old refurbished Soviet engines.

Remember that N1 documentary? Those engines were found sitting in a shed for over 20 years after the failed Soviet moon program.
www.youtube.com...

edit on 29-10-2014 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace

www.youtube.com...

Wow.That was some blast!So that was only rocket fuel?Hmmm...

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   
weird the Russians just sent up a rocket live on tv not long ago ??

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

Were it a NASA rocket, I'm sure they wouldn't have used those old refurbished Soviet engines.

Are you forgetting the two Space Shuttle disasters?

P

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Is it me or did that explosion look sort of like a mushroom cloud? Kids being monitored? For? Shock? Trauma? Fallout radiation from nuke/laser weapons?

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Thankfully no muslims were involved otherwise just think of the headlines in Murdoch media

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

Progress M-25M flies on a modified Soyuz rocket

Launched this Wednesday.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   

So they scrub the launch because of sketchy people around the launch sight and than it blows up..........Hmm makes me wonder just a little. I would be checking the boat out again.......Just saying.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

Such is the case when your space program is based on Wile E. Coyote era propulsion. So is the ISS going to miss all that stuff that blew up or...?

No doubt you could do better

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I live about 10 miles from the flight facility(Pocomoke, MD), and have a clear view of the flight path. The flight was cancelled and never took place the first night. I know this because my wife and I were outside watching for the rocket. After a few minutes waiting for the lauch, and not seeing it, we went back inside and checked the local wallops channel for info and saw it was cancelled due to the boat in the debri zone. Probably someone just trying to get a good view and not realising the danger. The coast guard tried contacting the boat but never received an answer. Pretty typical for people to gather around in the area to watch. Usually the bridge/road into chincoteague Island is packed with bystanders waiting to watch.

About 8 hours after this failed launch, a second scheduled launch was successful. ISS has plenty of supplies and is in no danger of running out anytime soon.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
This highlights the fallacy of conventional propulsion But it's the best we have for the time being-Until someone comes up with an alternate solution.

You've got to feel for people who worked on this for months just to see their work come crashing down.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I guess I am the only one who can see something moving quickly away? maybe debris but as its moving sideways? who knows

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace

www.youtube.com...

Beautiful explosion detail there.

The Guardian article states that the technicians detonated a self-destruct mechanism six seconds after launch because of a “catastrophic” equipment failure.

As a side note, I know many people have been hailing the dawn of private space launches. But I think in reality this will mean more failures like this. Were it a NASA rocket, I'm sure they wouldn't have used those old refurbished Soviet engines.

Remember that N1 documentary? Those engines were found sitting in a shed for over 20 years after the failed Soviet moon program.
www.youtube.com...

The one reporter, "it's gonna be loud." He knew what he was talking about.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: InvisibleOwl

An oft used phrase in the book The Right Stuff was, "Our rockets always blow up".
We need to remember that rocket is just another word for missile and missile is just another word for bomb.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

originally posted by: CalibratedZeus
Was on the news in New Jersey all morning that some kids from a local school had an experiment going up there and were at the launch. Poor little ones.

I think that those kids will have a real exciting story to tell and will all get an A for science.

Kids like things that go boom.

"Mum, mum, it was wicked mum, it went up and then it went boom. Michael was so excited he asked them to do it again."

P

So true. So true. I can hear the drawn out "Coool" in my head.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Where are you guys? Nothing specific like address but what city? I'm in Hampton across the bay from Wallops Island. We can see the launches from here. I thought I'd just missed it the other day. You say you saw a launch? I didn't hear that it was postponed from anyone other than my husband and God knows he's been wrong before Lol. a reply to: Dracan6

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Yes the tidewater region has very busy skyways. Was watching Langley jets maneuver yesterday afternoon and at one time I counted seven planes in the viewable sky above me at one time.
So you and another few did see a launched the other day? Man I'm sorry I got distracted by cooking. I could have verified these two claims. The launches don't look like the common air traffic we have here. For one thing it goes straight up and for another it's bright and leaves a trail of smoke behind it.

a reply to: Sahabi

edit on AMu31u10104413312014-10-29T11:13:55-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Given the outcome I bet the folks in the sailboat on Monday night are feeling lucky
Launch delayed due to sailboat in launch area.

www.delmarvanow.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Sahabi

thats interesting, I hadnt thought about the failed launch being a cover for successful launch day before

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join