It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC’s ‘The Today Show’ Says You Don’t Need a Gun to Defend Your Home. What they Suggest Will

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   
The first two are down right laughable, but the third? That completely boils my blood! To tell someone to cower in their own house is totally disgraceful, and a spit in our face! I will never cower to someone on my own property be it criminal, cop or anything in between. The media is a f#* joke, who in their right mind with an ounce of common sense would listen to this garbage, and think, "Gee! What a great idea the Today Show presented on home defense" Really?: end rant!

All I can do is shake my head in disbelief......

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: badgerprints

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ

But if somebody were breaking into my place I wouldn’t bust out the pistol. I would bust out my Remington 870 with 00 Buck shot. Nothing is more intimidating than the sound of a pump action shotgun being chambered.

WRONG!

It's the sound of an 870 being fired directly at you.

Depends on the range actually. Point blank, they may never hear the shot, and die instantly! And personally as far as defensive home ammo for my gun, I like these. www.firequest.com... the have a real low ricochet factor.
edit on 29/10/14 by gunshooter because: (no reason given)

Link takes you to home page, but you can find piranah 12 gauge rounds on the site somewhere. To lazy to re-link

edit on 29/10/14 by gunshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   
When is it ever a good day for cowering........surely two well placed rounds from your favourite home defense weapon, (which you train religiously with in hopes of a home invasion)
Would be far better defense.......stand your ground America...............

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tusks
The only real threat to TPTB is lone wolf assassins. Eliminate personal firearms and they've eliminated much of that threat.

Not forgetting hijacked aircraft, home made bombs, infected letters, rpg's laws rockets, stolen military arms, incendiary devices, uad's, better minds than mine can think of other ways, such as poison the water supply.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Guns do a lot more harm than good any way you look at it. You'e a lot more likely to get your kids killed by having guns around than to protect them from any danger, real or imagined.

I've noticed that a lot of the most fervent gun worshippers are people that live around other gun people and encounter them causing havoc. The best defense is to live in a good neighborhood instead of wasting your money on assault rifles and thousands of rounds of ammo.

The best neighborhoods are the ones with the koolaid stands on the sidewalks, right?

"We can't go in there, dawg."
Why not, homey?"
"It's a good neighborhood."

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
When is it ever a good day for cowering........surely two well placed rounds from your favourite home defense weapon, (which you train religiously with in hopes of a home invasion)
Would be far better defense.......stand your ground America...............

Are you saying that you WANT to legally shoot someone?

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
You do know, that if you pull a gun while a crime is being committed on you, that it's 60% more likely to be used on YOU than you use it for defense.

This is statistical FACT.

Also statistical fact that countries with very low numbers of guns have very low numbers of gun crimes. It's a proven statistical FACT that of course, the pro gun idiots completely ignore.

The countries with the lowest numbers of guns have by far the lowest amounts of gun deaths and gun crimes, while the countries with the highest number of guns have by far the highest numbers of gun crimes and gun deaths.

Want to hear more pro gun ridiculousness? In the USA, it's illegal to sell Kinder Surprise chocolate because the toy inside the egg is a choking hazard for children, but it's perfectly legal to leave a loaded gun on a coffee table where any two year old can use a trigger that's so light that a kid can have the strength to fire the gun.

Simple tactics would make guns safer - how about a trigger that requires more pressure to fire, so that the average kid wouldn't actually have the strength to fire a gun?

YOu need to provide some statistics for those "Facts."

According to NCJ statistics: www.ncjrs.gov... you are most likely to suffer injury or death not resisting, less likely if you resist with hands and feet, even less likely if you resist with a weapon of some sort, and least likely if you resist with a firearm.

Logically, criminals are not super ninjas who can pluck the gun out of your hands like in the movies. What you called a "fact" was a commonly repeated falsehood.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
We should also ban Heroin, Cocaine, Crystal Meth, ect. Considering the fact that kill 10 times the amount of people then guns. They also tear families apart & leave children desperate from their mothers addiction. Oh wait those are already banned. Yet they can't be stopped and criminals want the drugs to remain banned. It gives them the upper edge on the market.

QUOTE:
This year will go down in history. For the first time a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future! ... Adolf Hitler" 1935

Can you tell what Germany looked like 9 years later??

Hitler was right about one thing in his speech. His "Police" were much more efficient. Unfortunate for the citizens the streets were not safer, and the police were Secret Police who gathered information through mechanisms such as gun registration. I wonder if the SS registered theirs?
edit on -05:00Wed, 29 Oct 2014 23:40:20 -050040v40WednesdayAmerica/Chicago11America/Chicago29 by PrivilegedPeasant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

I was trained since I was 5.
My knowledge of weapons and their useSUPERCEDES yours.
THAT IS A FACT.
Compitition shooting,
Hunting..PEOPLE
Brothers SWAT...
ANYONE with hostile intent would be a kill to me,hands,blade or gun.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

THAT IS A FACT.
Compitition shooting,
Hunting..PEOPLE
Brothers SWAT...

Should have just said I'm Batman..
Delusions are awesome.

edit on 30-10-2014 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

THAT IS A FACT.
Compitition shooting,
Hunting..PEOPLE
Brothers SWAT...

Kewl I can say it too..

C'mon people I am a bad a@#...It's true I posted on a forum..

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Marine killed, wife injured during Kentucky robbery: cops

Amateur MMA fighter killed trying to stop robbery

Not mocking these deaths..but they most likely thought the same thing.

Never get too cocky...could be fatal..unless of course you are a cartoon character..then kewl

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

The best defense is to live in a good neighborhood instead of wasting your money on assault rifles and thousands of rounds of ammo.

Funny, because in my town all the robberies take place in the "good neighborhoods". They're the ones who have stuff worth stealing. If you live on the "bad" side of town, you can leave your doors unlocked and stuff sitting in the driveway. The thieves don't rob their own neighborhood here.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: RunForTheHills

Hey, people, like the morons at NBC and those that watch NBC news, are free to choose such means of self defense.
I won't stop them, deny them that ability or force them to do otherwise.

I expect the same in return, especially since the right to firearms is protected by an Amendment.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
The Today show is a rich company with private security and their stories are presented by News Anchors who make six figures or more . They can go eff themselves because they are completely out of touch with us little people. Sorry today show, we don't live in mamby pamby land like you, so you have no room telling me how I should defend me and mine.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

The liberal sheep will continue to parrot the propaganda, no matter how many actual facts you put in front of them.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: macman
a reply to: RunForTheHills

Hey, people, like the morons at NBC and those that watch NBC news, are free to choose such means of self defense.
I won't stop them, deny them that ability or force them to do otherwise.

I expect the same in return, especially since the right to firearms is protected by an Amendment.

Actually, you should stop them, because their goal is to disarm you. That is a form of attack as far as I am concerned.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

My not wanting to stop them, is the means which they choose to defend themselves.

I would actually prefer that morons that write, read and head nod to this crap not have firearms. They don't deserve them, they are the ones that would more than likely hurt themselves or innocent others.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
This is actually good news... for the survivor types.

They mean ones will simply move past anything able to resist and feed of the ones listening to the advice of MSNBC-and the alike.

Fine with me and the sooner the better.

Yep, I said that. Adios!

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: macman

My not wanting to stop them, is the means which they choose to defend themselves.

I would actually prefer that morons that write, read and head nod to this crap not have firearms. They don't deserve them, they are the ones that would more than likely hurt themselves or innocent others.

Wrong again. Why do you ignorantly believe the liberal propaganda? I have had guns all my life, as have my father and uncles, and many friends. Guess what? After tens if not hundreds of thousands of rounds burned between us, NOBODY HAS EVER HURT THEMSELVES OR ANYONE ELSE.

Stop repeating those lies.

Wait a sec.. Are you supporting my position or opposing it? I'm confused. My response is toward people who are anti-gun.

edit on 30-10-2014 by ScientiaFortisDefendit because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join