It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC’s ‘The Today Show’ Says You Don’t Need a Gun to Defend Your Home. What they Suggest Will

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ

But if somebody were breaking into my place I wouldn’t bust out the pistol. I would bust out my Remington 870 with 00 Buck shot. Nothing is more intimidating than the sound of a pump action shotgun being chambered.

WRONG!

It's the sound of an 870 being fired directly at you.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I've decided I will give up all my guns only on one condition. That every other gun and shooting instrument on the planet, no matter what style, is also given up and destroyed. At that point, I will still have my machetes, golf clubs, and baseball bats. So I'll commit to that deal, sure, no problem.

The suggestions offered in the article are pathetically unrealistic. Women have been raped and killed in parking lots. They screamed and no one was around. Families have been murdered in their homes. A can of wasp spray? I don't think so. I've read stories of cops macing people and it didn't affect them in the least. Not everyone has electronic car keys either. Unless your car is in a busy area it doesn't do a darn bit of good. I could hit my car alarm if I had one and it would go for at least hours before anyone might decide to check it out. Cowering???????? I can't even comment on that.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
At that point, I will still have my machetes, golf clubs, and baseball bats.

We might make you an honorary Canadian.
Golf clubs are for annoying racoons. Machetes? Helluva a blade huh?
Baseball bats? Oh yeah man. That's where it gets real.
Guns? Pfft.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

Also statistical fact that countries with very low numbers of guns have very low numbers of gun crimes. It's a proven statistical FACT that of course, the pro gun idiots completely ignore.

The countries with the lowest numbers of guns have by far the lowest amounts of gun deaths and gun crimes, while the countries with the highest number of guns have by far the highest numbers of gun crimes and gun deaths.

I don't believe "pro gun idiots" ignore these FACTS you're spouting. Rather, we're smart enough to know that of course countries with less guns have less gun crimes. However, do you know what they do have? Mass killings with knives instead.

Removing guns from the equation does not eliminate the violence. Just glance at the TSA list of items you can no longer take on an airplane for other potentially deadly items.

Now, I will concede that many accidental deaths could be avoided if there were no gun involved. The problem, though, is that banning guns in the US is a losing battle. There are already way too many guns out there in the country. The reason countries like Japan can regulate guns so well is because they weren't already inundated with them like we are.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I'm so sick of progressive liberals, arguing about the "intent" of the Founders while writing the 2nd Amendment...What they fail to realize, is that it DOES NOT MATTER! Please bear with me and read this next part, slowly...

The 2nd Amendment was NOT written to grant us rights. It was written to protect those rights, which have always existed!

Even if the 2nd Amendment was deleted from the US Constitution or was never even written;
Even if TPTB managed to dissolve our current form of Government and installed a dictator;
Even if our Republic fell and total chaos and anarchy reigned supreme;
our RIGHT to defend ourselves would still exist!

Man did not give us these rights. Man has only decided that it was important enough to enumerate these rights for ALL generations to come. And did so, by penning one of the most significant documents ever written, in the name of freedom and of our Republic!

And, those who would love to usher in the end of this great Republic, are the ones who now quibble over such trivial things as the punctuation and linguistics of those who established it!

Pathetic...

edit on 10/28/2014 by GoOfYFoOt because: added text...

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I agree im a pest control technician wasp freeze wastes way too fast...next theyll say use vinegar water or maybe some sugar water... yea no sorry thats not goin to cut it i am a CCP holder and honestly it makes me feel better knowing i can protect my family!! a reply to: RunForTheHills

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: RunForTheHills

I'm never giving up my guns.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: th3dudeabides

I'm never giving up my guns.

You hold the same values that most of us Americans have. I will never give up mine either.

Its totally ridiculous for the media to continue pushing the subject.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Families dont need guns to protect themselves?

ok...

then the President of the US does not need secret service protection r their guns. Its right up their with the idiot ass Rosie Odonnel making the same argument. Of course she failed to mention she uses armed security for her families protection.
edit on 28-10-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Families dont need guns to protect themselves?

ok...

then the President of the US does not need secret service protection r their guns. Its right up their with the idiot ass Rosie Odonnel making the same argument. Of course she failed to mention she uses armed security for her families protection.

Good point, so if I was important and rich I wouldn't need to protect my self. Nah... I am sure I would still carry a concealed weapon...just in case.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: signalfire

originally posted by: Tusks
The only real threat to TPTB is lone wolf assassins. Eliminate personal firearms and they've eliminated much of that threat.

Just think if you put together a group of old timers, people who have been diagnosed with terminal illnesses and such, and gave them a list of the 1000 people most effing up the world?

Not that that thought has occurred to me or anything..

You'd think *they* would stop making so many snipers. Everyone I know who was trained during the Vietnam era is not only loaded to bear, but skilled and seething angry.

Sig, that's loaded for bear buddy. Seething, not likely.

I have yet to meet more than a handful of people at every social
strata one may imagine that are worth killing. But it keeps my list
short and memorable... and I've got a great memory. I'm not on
that list BTW, but once there was a time it seemed worth it to
join maybe a couple in a good trade.

Still feel strongly enough to die for what I believe in, not
what they do. I'm past that age they can make me again.
EDIT:: My apologies for again drifting, and self-indulgence.
In defense of my hovel and my small stipend-- the only reason
nobody's stopped by to fill his pack is because it'll cost more
than what it's worth, even if he walks and I don't.
"Sometimes Louis, dead is better... Stephen King

edit on 28-10-2014 by derfreebie because: The earth here too is sour

edit on 28-10-2014 by derfreebie because: Life is but a daymare

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Just remember that having a gun isn't always enough. You can't get to it in time...it jams...you run out of bullets...you have in your holster but they're on you before you can draw...they knock it out of your hand before you could get the safety off....you have to have a plan B...I really think you need to learn self defense and have dogs. Thoughts?

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientiaFortisDefendit

They forgot some obvious ones:

- Lock your doors
- Remind intruders of the law when they confront you
- Hire a ninja

And don't forget that industrial finished, vintage door
knocker with the embossed inscription "TOWARD ENEMY".
Back to the thread as threadbare as it's getting by now...
some of us are prepared mentally and logistically for even
infrared... and "when things go sideways" my living room
turns into a pitch black Confuse-a-Cat sequence with
multiple Quisinarts. Like I said, what's inside isn't worth it.
My neighbors know me as Clark Can't.. I like it that way.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Thats pretty funny. I can imagine all the small business owners during riots standing in front of their stores with wasp spray. Or home invasions being thwarted by car keys.

LOL

Its just a big joke now. Showing face or humbling the right is now more important than common sense.

That was worth the laugh.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

Thats pretty funny. I can imagine all the small business owners during riots standing in front of their stores with wasp spray. Or home invasions being thwarted by car keys.

LOL

Its just a big joke now. Showing face or humbling the right is now more important than common sense.

That was worth the laugh.

I am rolling laughing trying to picture business owners armed with their wasp spray!

I think common sense was lost somewhere along the line.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Guns do a lot more harm than good any way you look at it. You'e a lot more likely to get your kids killed by having guns around than to protect them from any danger, real or imagined.

I've noticed that a lot of the most fervent gun worshippers are people that live around other gun people and encounter them causing havoc. The best defense is to live in a good neighborhood instead of wasting your money on assault rifles and thousands of rounds of ammo.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

The best defense is to live in a good neighborhood instead of wasting your money on assault rifles and thousands of rounds of ammo.

Live in a good neighborhood?

Ok. I guess we are just out of luck. We kind of like our neighborhoods but hey, its a poor people problem right? Who cares? Why dont they just go to their yachts or fly to Europe or something right?

LOL

You are funny.
edit on 10 28 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Guns do a lot more harm than good any way you look at it. You'e a lot more likely to get your kids killed by having guns around than to protect them from any danger, real or imagined.

I've noticed that a lot of the most fervent gun worshippers are people that live around other gun people and encounter them causing havoc. The best defense is to live in a good neighborhood instead of wasting your money on assault rifles and thousands of rounds of ammo.

Gun ownership comes with the responsibility of teaching your kids / family how it works, including first and foremost gun safety and awareness.

i reject the mindset you are more likely to get your kids killed by owning guns. That is fear mongering at its best and ranks up there with the ancient argument that black people were not intelligent enough to vote.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Yes, when someone is raping your wife and daughter grab your car keys, and run! Brilliant.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

I agree, that's why over 700 school children were shot in Chicago in 2010, because of when you let people have guns children get shot. Oh wait, that happened with guns being illegal. Guess that killed that idea.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join