It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis - "Big Bang and Evolution not incompatible with Creation"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

“The beginning of the world is not the work of chaos that owes its origin to something else, but it derives directly from a supreme principle that creates out of love,” Pope Francis said. “The Big Bang, that today is considered to be the origin of the world, does not contradict the creative intervention of God; on the contrary, it requires it. Evolution in nature is not in contrast with the notion of [divine] creation because evolution requires the creation of the beings that evolve.”

I'm not religious myself, but this seems quite interesting. Sorry if this isn't the right forum!

Anyhow, this Pope seems like a progressive type. Seems there's room in the doctrin for a more than simply black and white view of things.

Hope someone finds it interesting!

Edit: Might be late to the party on this one.
edit on 28-10-2014 by KingIcarus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: KingIcarus

Yep.

Topic

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: KingIcarus

Edit: Comments added to existing thread.
edit on 28-10-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Septimus

Im fascinated that he would even take on the topic, I hadnt realized he studied quantum physics

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

“The beginning of the world is not the work of chaos that owes its origin to something else, but it derives directly from a supreme principle that creates out of love,” Pope Francis said. “The Big Bang, that today is considered to be the origin of the world, does not contradict the creative intervention of God; on the contrary, it requires it. Evolution in nature is not in contrast with the notion of [divine] creation because evolution requires the creation of the beings that evolve.”

I'm not religious myself, but this seems quite interesting. Sorry if this isn't the right forum!

Anyhow, this Pope seems like a progressive type. Seems there's room in the doctrin for a more than simply black and white view of things.

Hope someone finds it interesting!

This is simply an attempt to keep modern humans tied to religion by letting religion ride the coattails of science. It's like saying the fact that pumpkins have been proven to grow from seeds in no way disproves the existence of a supernatural deity called the Great Pumpkin because the Great Pumpkin created those seeds! Watch the sleight of hand. This is just more of the same in a new costume.
edit on 28-10-2014 by Tangerine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Septimus

Yep.

Topic

indeed, please continue at the linked thread above.

~Tenth

top topics

join