It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thomas Jefferson Dealt with Islamic Terrorism Too

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Some background for study....

Slavery on the Barbary Coast

Barbary slave trade

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Piratical activity by Muslim populations had been known in the Mediterranean since at least the 9th century and the short-lived Emirate of Crete. Despite the animosity generated by the Crusades, the level of Muslim pirate activity was relatively low. In the 13th and 14th centuries it was rather Christian pirates, particularly out of Catalonia, that were a constant threat to merchants. It was not until the late 14th century that Tunisian corsairs became enough of a threat to provoke a Franco-Genoese attack on Mahdia in 1390, also known as the "Barbary Crusade". Moorish exiles of the Reconquista and Maghreb pirates added to the numbers, but it was not until the expansion of the Ottoman Empire and the arrival of the privateer and admiral Kemal Reis in 1487 that the Barbary corsairs became a true menace to Christian shipping.[4]

en.wikipedia.org...

So what went on for 10 centuries ?

Long before there ever was a US, and Jefferson.

'Christian' shipping eh?

Thought them 'nice' muslim pirates were just trying to stop them evil 'western' corporations from 'exploting' the ME.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
You're comparing the world of 200 years ago with today? Good luck with that. The world is different. America is different. The arena is different.

But the Quran is the same. They still use it as a reference.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Interesting story about how Thomas Jefferson was involved with Islamic "Terrorists" and some similarities and contrasts comparing how Obama is

Lol! Sorry, I don't usually click on your threads, but when I saw the title I couldn't help but wonder how you worked in your obsession with hating the President with this title. hehe.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
It goes a lot further back,

Vlad III, Prince of Wallachia (Vlad the Impaler, Dracula) fought the ottoman empire during his time (1431–1476).
Although the Ottoman territory had a christian majority the Muslim minority ruled.
Christians were considered lower class citizens and were not afforded the same rights as the Muslim population.

Seems that part of the world has been a thorn in someones backside since the beginning.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: nfflhome

You're comparing the world of 200 years ago with today? Good luck with that. The world is different. America is different. The arena is different.

But the Quran is the same. They still use it as a reference.

For the life of me I have NO idea why Christians use the Old Testament. You should check Lewis Black out on that one.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

For the life of me I have NO idea why Christians use the Old Testament. You should check Lewis Black out on that one.

Thomas Jefferson did not even like all of the New Testament.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Thomas Jefferson did not even like all of the New Testament.

Hmm. Free thinker? Realized that Christ's teachings were being subverted by Paulism? That's a whole different conversation altogether.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Free thinker? Realized that Christ's teachings were being subverted by Paulism? That's a whole different conversation altogether.

Without derailing the thread, yeah, that pretty much sums it up.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
to the shores of Tripoli.
that's where that came from.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

"Obama is either "in bed" with them, or he is a total idiot... scratch your heads and do the math..."

What reasonable person is going to believe that Obama is a "total idiot"?

Is it possible that you are not a reasonable person?

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

How about the terrorism, at that time, of SLAVERY
AND THE GENOCIDE OF THE NATIVE AMERICANS.

That’s terrorism that succeeded

Amazing how people NEVER look at their own evil but always point out evil from others.

The Euro Christians colonized, enslaved half the world with their organized terrorism of Racism, colonialism, and White supremacy

edit on 28-10-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-10-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Those of us with Native American heritage understand all that.

But this is about Islam and how present and past Presidents have dealt with the politics.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Amazing how people NEVER look at their own evil but always point out evil from others.

The Euro Christians colonized, enslaved half the world with their organized terrorism of Racism, colonialism, and White supremacy

Is there a point there ?

Taken a good look at Islam of today, and Islam of yesteryear ?

It is ALL ABOUT RACISM, colonialism, and 'muslim supremacy'.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Interesting isn't it.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

It is ALL ABOUT RACISM, colonialism, and 'muslim supremacy'.

I haven't read none of that in the Quran!

You must have the IS addition!

I'm white, I'm a Muslim...

So what race is about Supremacy?

Btw, Neo, I'm sure you'd be one of the first to say Islam isn't a race of people if I said that's racist!

It's definitely bigoted though!
edit on 28-10-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Btw, Neo, I'm sure you'd be one of the first to say Islam isn't a race of people if I said that's racist!

Sure enough although the 'majority' of people today think Islam is a race.

Like these folks who have gotten a 'quality' education.

www.politico.com...

The majority thinks people are 'born' muslim when in fact people are born with no religion at all.

It's learned, and people can learn whatever religion they want.

Hell if they don't like a particular religion they can convert to something else.

But then again what makes Islam 'racist' is their views on them evil jews.

As we all know the only states allowed to exist in the ME are Islamic theocracies.

So what race is about Supremacy?

Yeah well Islam for one since the fact that for over 2000 years there have been two sects within Islam trying to prove who is superior.

Sunni versus the Shia is the worlds longest,oldest,running 'Hatfield, and McCoy' blood feud. That has repeatedly dragged the rest of the world in that snip sandwhich.
edit on 28-10-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Thomas Jefferson was a notorious writer.... Anyone that is more knowledgeable know if he ever wrote anything else about Islam?

I read a lot of non-fiction ... Don't remember ever reading anything like this.

Lot of pirates in this time period guys. A lot of pirates. Ill not condemn a religion without more instances historically. Its not like I am an Islam lover per se. But I just am reserving my dislike with a sense of logic.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Conveniently, posts like this neglect to mention that in the name of Christianity, both the US and Europe engaged in colonialism and slavery across half of the world. They also often cited Biblical passages in support of such things as slavery, and justified colonialism because of the heathen savages and claimed inherent superiority.

"Judge ye not, for the measure that you mete out shall be meted out to you." You just saw me prove true a Bible passage brah.

originally posted by: xuenchen
Interesting story about how Thomas Jefferson was involved with Islamic "Terrorists" and some similarities and contrasts comparing how Obama is dealing with the "problem".

History is relevant.

The first thing to notice is that Islamic Jihadists in Thomas Jefferson’s time used the same reasons for killing and enslaving people that they do now. It was the Quran then and its the Quran now. Islamic Jihadists didn’t respond well to negotiations then and Islamic Jihadists don’t respond well to negotiations now. The way theses two presidents handle Islamic barbarity shows stark differences.

From ConservativeTribune.com:

[clips]
In other words, the Muslim ambassador openly proclaimed that the Qu’ran teaches that Muslims have a duty to wage war against those who have not accepted the authority of Islam (by paying the tribute), enslave the infidels, and if they were killed in the process they would go to heaven. Sound familiar?

Doubtless his experience with the extremist ideology of militant Islam while a diplomat strongly influenced Jefferson’s later decision as president in 1801 to go to war with the Barbary pirates when the Pasha of Tripoli asked for a new, massive sum as tribute. Jefferson refused, and war ensued.
[/clips]

Compare how Thomas Jefferson Dealt with Islamic Terrorism versus how Barack Obama deals with it

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Still think religions are races huh?

It is the 21st century. Can we drop the religious supremacist thinking now?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join