It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Resurrect Unknown Virus from 700 Year-old Caribou Poop

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Why does this thread remind me of that horror movie from the late 70's / early 80's- The Thing?

ETA: my friend dragged me in to see it. That was a mistake. Still gives me chills when I think about it.
edit on 28/10/2014 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux

originally posted by: babybunnies
A scenario that I think is likely the best one for ending the world, is that some ancient virus gets released from the melting ice caps, that has been around for hundreds of thousands or millions of years, that our bodies have never been exposed to.

The virus would run rampant through the human population. I think the biggest threat to humanity isn't terrorism or global economic chaos, it's most likely to be a virus that we won't even see coming.

I'm sure everyone will go 'oh sure' but I did read a book about a similar story about 10 years ago but I can't remember the title or author. One scientist was responsible for reviving or getting a virus and it did wipe out everything, not sure it was on earth or not but I think it was. It was some virus from some bird. The book ended with only one man and woman on the edge of a space ship I think, one spitting out into the atmosphere in hopes of leaving human DNA that might possibly somehow be resurrected to a new human race. Darn it, I wish I could remember the title, I'd read it again. It was a friends book. Maybe someone else read it and can offer a title based on my crappy synopsis.

On another note, why would anyone resurrect a virus? And we're paying for our potential destruction with our tax dollars. I think this is serious chit. I also think it was a virus that wiped out many of the dinosaurs. Considering they were all over the world, I don't think it was a meteor or anything other wise, it would have wiped out everything. A virus could have attacked the dinosaurs and wiped them out.

Something on this list, maybe?

www.goodreads.com...

It sounds interesting and I want to read it now lol.

<< 1   >>

join