It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mechanical object spotted on Mars Sol 790

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Could be true but I find it strange that of all the dark rocks surrounding the area have the sun reflecting on the top ?
somehow it doesn't seem to be on this object like it's absorbing the light.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
It's very questionable that this is human litter. Beagle 2 crashed almost 2000 miles away from Curiosity but only 60 miles NE from it's original designated landing spot and there are no other spacecrafts around the landing area from Curiosity. However if it's human-made it's probably most likely from the actual Curiosity lander which seems to be reasonable since Sol 790 is only about 1300ft from it's original landing site.

Remember Curiosity was put down with the Sky Crane which flew away after dropping it's cargo .. so it's not too far fetched that a part or even more parts got separated when the Sky Crane .. ehm "landed".

www.sighenz.com...

edit on 29-10-2014 by flyandi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1
a reply to: MysterX

is it possible this is a piece or component of that MSL rocket platform? 

the only way to know is that you find a blueprint of rocket and see if it resembles one of the components.

I thought a good candidate for what this barrel shaped thing is, could have been one of the two 25kg tungsten ballast weights that were ejected prior to curiosity landing...they crashed landed about 12 miles from Curiosity's landing zone, while the skycrane apparently crashed 7.5 miles away from the landing spot...the heatshield and parachute are accounted for too, so i suppose that's them out of the picture too.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

Yes...it's a roll of sod

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

That is clearly a discarded beer can. Trust me, I'm an expert on that subject.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Maybe its what's left of the reactor from the rover they wiped the face of cydonia off with? On a slightly more serious note its definitely not a regular rock I wonder how long it will take for them to PhotoShop it out of the pictures.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
There were failed landing rovers so it may just be a piece from one of them?

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Blister

Its a shame that its so hard to see it from this angle , that could really made a difference in discovering what it really was

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Could be true but I find it strange that of all the dark rocks surrounding the area have the sun reflecting on the top ?
somehow it doesn't seem to be on this object like it's absorbing the light.

So not only is it mechanical in nature, but it posses absorbing properties where it does not reflect light? pixilation as I showed in the actual enlarged image would be the most obvious explanation for it not showing light in the same way flatter surfaces of other rocks do. I do think it is within the realm of possibility that technological debri might be discovered on mars, but this is a rock. Also...most likely a meteorite.
edit on 29-10-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I respect your conclusion about this

I'm not convinced yet so if more are coming forward with some good evidence then I'm not the one who will deny it..

peace
edit on 0b04America/ChicagoWed, 29 Oct 2014 15:03:04 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoWed, 29 Oct 2014 15:03:04 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

A very interesting object. Looks pretty old and rusted(somehow) which is why it isn't reflective but it's definitely not natural. Are there any other photos of the area for a different view of the object?
edit on 29-10-2014 by 6Taco6Smell6 because: oops

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
HaHaHa ....................Etc.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Jeez, these are getting so obvious.

I think we're being prepped for disclosure.

Not that I really care, I knew the emperor wasn't wearing any clothes, and don't need others in authority to tell me what to think.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Great Post OP.

I'm not sure what it is but I did verify its on the NASA website.

I think there's some people who will see something intelligently
made when its actually a rock and on the other hand there are also
some people who will look at a picture of anything on Mars and see a
rock.

Me-- It looks like an object, spherical, laying on its side, but who
knows, maybe it's just a rock.

Rebel 5

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

NASA

I put this here because I have no Idea where to put it and I'm not going to make this story bigger then what I think it could be through my eyes when I look at objects like these. I know thinking in earthly terms we compare objects from our own world so I'm not going to say its alien or something but it could be IMHO that this is part of some satellite from ours or something or maybe from the rover itself .

I came to this conclusion because you can see slits on the side and something like a ring on the other side and its cylindric IMO.
also the surrounding colors don't match.

Some stories tell that we already there on mars so maybe its one of the junk we left behind . Whatever it is it doesn't look like some rock to me?

Let the experts and the majority here decide what it is.

Wonder if you could find something like that in the deserts of New Mexico...

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I will side the the folks that say it sure looks like an Alternator, I for sure think it looks like some kind of electrical device which is a motor.
Maybe a washing machine motor if your take off the frame and braces and shown in this link blow.
www.liveleak.com...

My dad had a bench grinder mounted on his work bench and that also looks like a close match.
Great thread and a big S&F from a poster whom does not post much in this Forum.

"Something's going on here and what it is aint exactly clear"!

Regards, Iwinder
edit on 29-10-2014 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Awesome find!!! you found another round rock!! You claims in title its Mechanical but you have zero proof to back that BS title up!!

More nonsense!!

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Looking at it first for the time it does not look like a rock or resemble any rocks in it's surrounding area. Whatever it is, it must have been there a while as there are no clear marking on the ground around it that it rolled there or fell from somewhere and the wind removed that evidence if any over time. When you enlarge portion of the image it looks like it was copy and pasted from somewhere, bad compression damage.

Of course there is a chance this might be just a round rock as mentioned in this thread, but a round rock is still very much out of place as you can see.

Maybe they just posted the wrong picture...

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Interesting indeed. I'm a little surprised that there hasn't been more discussion about the rocks in the lower right corner. I mean, geology isn't my thing but it appears to me like the rocks are placed together like masonry.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I'd say it is artificially made item. Most likely parts of one of our missions fell there. It could be aliens but no way to know to we get there. Id say for sure it does not appear to be a naturally made object.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join