It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mechanical object spotted on Mars Sol 790

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

That sounds feasible but on a planet the size of Mars that's just too much of a darn coincidence that the Rover happened to stumble upon it and photograph it. Unless it was planned of course but how the heck would they know where it was in the first place?

Agreed from poster further back, it's too large to be an alternator.

Scaley

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
well that was something that came to my mind to . It looks like it came from us because of the mechanical structure it has . But we don't know if it were Martians building things like this , used the same dynamics as we did ?

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

We litter everywhere, Mars included.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
My wife thinks the photos are taken here on earth after she saw the photo with the hamster/rat and that we are being fooled.
Then again.......she smokes the wacky backy........

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: lambros56

Lol I think the smoke gets her mind a bit clouded ..

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

Wow I am usually the first one to say that's a rock but this one has me stumped

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

If you think about then that also could be a serious candidate for oddity. But I have to say that this rock has been taken care of ? And if you go and look more at the bottom of the picture I could imagine myself seeing this hatch . Where I might think that it's going to be opened and someone throws out rocks occasionally... lol

edit on 0b01America/ChicagoTue, 28 Oct 2014 14:23:01 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoTue, 28 Oct 2014 14:23:01 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
With the millions of rocks there, some are going to look like something manufactured given human pareidolia.

Lemme know when you find something utterly unequivocal like a pyramid, detailed carved statue, writing that couldn't possibly be erosion, or a McDonalds Golden Arches. Everything I've seen so far looks like dried mud deposits blown around by the wind and probably meteor impacts.

According to the old thread I've been slowly working my way through by a member who cannot be named (I think?), NASA had faster than light speed quantum communication set up between Mars and Earth in order to vet and erase any photos from Mars that showed stuff they didn't want us tax-paying slaves to see. That was a long time ago, who knows what they have now but I'm sure nothing will be overlooked unless they want us to see it.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
There look like four horizontal lines going across the piece of machinery. Reminds me of a heating and cooling system blower motor for a house. It looks artificial, person ? made. Exciting photographic find! The area looks like something wet happened, looks muddy. Maybe fluid spilled out of the machinery.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

I do think that they occasionally give us something to play with ..👾

edit on 0b36America/ChicagoTue, 28 Oct 2014 14:55:36 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoTue, 28 Oct 2014 14:55:36 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
There were quite a few probes that were sent to Mars and were lost lost. It is well within the realms of possibility that there are quite a number of debris fields of these failed probes somewhere on Mars. So there are some human artefacts on Mars somewhere. What I would really like to know is just what is NASAs mission parameters for their rovers? They just seem to be taking tourist photos. What they are not doing is investigating these anomalies or looking for present life never mind past life.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Where I might think that it's going to be opened and someone throws out rocks occasionally… lol

Ahhh, underground aliens…

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

It's bloody annoying that this image is just merely posted on the NASA website as if nothing is odd about it. Rock or no rock they must have expected a reaction.

Scaley

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Scaleyback

Or someone just ran up to web maintenance saying : who the f...k put up that Picture did I say to upload that one. Noooo I didn't

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Haha yeah that is certainly possible.

As well as the barrel shaped anomoly, my eye is still drawn to the circular shape in the bottom right hand corner of the image. The rocks look like they are joined like bricks with neat straight lines. It is hard to say as the image ends but for some reason it's making my brain tick a little.

I think a previous poster said it looked like some kind of hatch so it's not just me that sees it.

Scaley

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I said that as a joke.. But believe me those are rocks no hatch underneath.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Haha I know but I still think I see something there. I do have an overactive imagination though.

Scaley

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I'm more curious if this object has something to do with that other object , this thing looks more like a hatch but I'm not totally convinced that it is?

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Yes and that object is much bigger than the other one. If you look to the left of where you have zoomed in somebody appears to have left a gas bottle for a bbq out on the landscape. Can you see the cylindrical shaped object (you will have to zoom in) to the left of where you blew up the image?

Scaley

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Ignore my comment about the object being bigger than the other one. I have clearly been sniffing glue.

Gas bottle comment still stand though.

Scaley
edit on 28-10-2014 by Scaleyback because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join