It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mechanical object spotted on Mars Sol 790

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

NASA

I put this here because I have no Idea where to put it and I'm not going to make this story bigger then what I think it could be through my eyes when I look at objects like these. I know thinking in earthly terms we compare objects from our own world so I'm not going to say its alien or something but it could be IMHO that this is part of some satellite from ours or something or maybe from the rover itself .

I came to this conclusion because you can see slits on the side and something like a ring on the other side and its cylindric IMO.
also the surrounding colors don't match.

Some stories tell that we already there on mars so maybe its one of the junk we left behind . Whatever it is it doesn't look like some rock to me?

Let the experts and the majority here decide what it is.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Not a rock.

Well spotted mate.

Certainly does look artificial on first looks, i'll have to study it a bit, but yes, it doesn't look like it belongs there.

Nice one.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Good one. Sort of looks like an old electric motor.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Looks like a clump of dirt with some dead grass on one end.

But that's just what I see.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Nice find, it seems to have some kind of raster patern going on...

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat

Strange, i was thinking how much it looked like a car alternator.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

Wow! That sure does not look like a rock to me either. Great find Observer.

I will most certainly be interested to see what other fellow ATS members think of this.

Awesome, thank you for sharing.

PS rocks in bottom right corner of pics look like they have been laid,almost like you would lay bricks. Straight lines or joins between them.

Scaley

edit on 28-10-2014 by Scaleyback because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Thanks I had the feeling when I saw that picture that something wasn't right about it. But I leave it here to analize and discuss .

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I see mainly a rock , but other things also when imagination land kicks in, would be nice to have some scale? is this object as tall as a building or as small as a pebble?

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Definitely looks like something that is not organic . Wonder if they will get closer pic of whatever it is and if so we will probably never find out.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum_Squirrel
My guess would be the size of an oil barrel considering the hight and size of curiosity and the distance .

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: drneville

I think those are building blocks of the picture itself. It came to me at first to until I blew op other regions of the picture

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
IDK, im a bit skeptical, to me looks like a rock witgh some weird weather erosion, like wind that has erodide the rock into a cylindrical form. I'd like to think differently.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

originally posted by: Flatcoat

Strange, i was thinking how much it looked like a car alternator.

Actually, I'll give you that one. It does look like an alternator.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
Definitely looks like something that is not organic . Wonder if they will get closer pic of whatever it is and if so we will probably never find out.

Don't count on it.

Are you the first person to discover this? If so, expect it to make headlines in the Huffington post, along with text such as ' it has conspiracy sites, debating what it is.' Or 'conspiracy sites are rife with speculation'.

I do wonder wonder though if it is part of a previous probe such as 'Beagle 2'?

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Whether it is natural or artificial, unless Curiosity gets particularly curious about this area and is directed to have a closer look, all we're left with is speculation and maybe a nagging feeling of something being amiss.

It's not like we could send a mission there ourselves and browse around all these objects of question, so unless NASA play ball, and i doubt they would, we won't know for sure one way or the other, unfortunately.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

I thought it could possibly be part of another mission, probably a failed one like Beagle 2...but i thought beagle 2 went to another part of Mars?

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

Could it be a component of one of the many failed Mars missions I wonder?
Craft breaks up on entry and burned bits scatter everywhere maybe...

There have been a few failed missions,and that does look a bit like a rocket engine component-nozzle on right side,broken fuel line stumps on left side kind of deal.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Where it was intended to land and where it actually landed would be up for debate I guess, but that is just it, all guess work.

It is an oddity though that's for sure, it looks totally out of place when you look at the other rocks in the vicinity.

But, as you say, we aren't in a position to get up close to it, so we're left to speculate. Maybe the Huff Post will contact NASA for a comment.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
So it doesn't look like a rock? or doesn't match the color of other objects in view? A lot of things on Mars look like they don't belong. There isn't much erosion there. Stuff looks tossed about because it is.

Theres another rock in view that doesn't match the surroundings. Its in the bottom half of the pic from the NASA link provided in OP.

It was tossed there, too. The red dust that covers everything in view hasn't covered it yet.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join