It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope says evolution doesn't mean there's no God

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabiduria

Well no... creationists aren't doomed...

You have to know how they work... It doesn't matter what science says, or the pope...

Creationists are absolutely right because the bible says so...

even though it doesn't...

Nothing will put an end to a zealous creationist and their belief system... no matter what anyone says...

Cripes... Jesus himself could come down and say "look guys, you're wrong about this" and they would call him a false prophet because he disagrees with their book

edit on 28-10-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

“See, sir, from this chamber I govern not only to Paris., but to China; not only to China, but to all the world, without any one to know how I do it.

Tamburini, the General of the Jesuits.”

Source

Pope rules whole world, he can say whatever he wants, and they make it known.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
This isn't a new statement from the Catholic Church. They've been saying it for many years. It didn't come from Pope Francis himself as something new. He, and the Catholic Church, are correct. Evolution doesn't dismiss the fact that there could be a God. Neither does the Big Bang. IF those things happened, there can still be a God.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

And the sinful men will teach evolution. They will teach man that they are nothing more than evolved beings. In this way the mind will consider all things natural and be unable to see the Light of CREATION.

Quaran
"From among my followers(Islam) there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks and the use of musical instruments, as lawful.

And there will be some people (Christians) who will stay near the side of a mountain and in the evening their shepherd (Christ) will come to them with their sheep and ask them for something (repentance), but they will say to him, 'Return to us tomorrow.'

Allah will destroy them during the night and will let the mountain (faulse religion) fall on them, and He will transform the rest of them into MONKEYS AND PIGS (evolution) and they will remain (natural, unspiritual) so till the Day of Resurrection."
edit on 28-10-2014 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: sacgamer25

Whats wrong with being evolved beings?.
Better to evolve than stagnate in the past.
Oh and nowt up with monkeys and pigs they are evolved as us just in different ways.
edit on 28-10-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: sacgamer25

Wow, quoting the Quaran, that's new (or at least rare) around here. Though I'm not sure what you are trying to say. That belief in evolution (as close to a scientific fact as you can get, on par with the earth being round) is sinful? Though your quote also says that illegal sexual intercourse (what is that? premartial sex?), wearing silk, drinking alcohol, and playing musical instruments (what the?) are also sinful. So I really take your quote with a grain of salt.

Got anything relevant to the OP that isn't a quote from some old, moldy tome?
edit on 28-10-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: sacgamer25
And the sinful men will teach evolution.

And the indoctrinated will teach that which is known to be false.
The pope is correct. Evolution and The Big Bang don't prove or disprove God.
Teaching the truth that evolution may have happened isn't evil. It's just the truth.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Evolution has no connection to a positive or negative affirmation of religion.
To state otherwise shows clear ignorance.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I love this Pope. I follow him on twitter, and I'm not even Catholic! He is loving, simple, and kind.

He says thing like "if you see a hungry person, feed them".

He's simply adorable.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I never thought god had a magic wand.

For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known

no one has all the answers or even a fraction of an answer, it is all a great mystery

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

no one has all the answers or even a fraction of an answer, it is all a great mystery

Not everything is a mystery and it's not exactly like we don't have any answers. Some things are patently false. Creationism is one of them. To hide behind the curtain of ignorance on this matter is to defy reality. The answers may not be philosophically pleasing for some but sticking fingers in ears will not make the truth of the matter go away.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Even God is always evolving.

Think about.

First is was an eye for an eye,
Then it's turn the other cheek.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheProphetMark

Think about.

god cant evolve because hes eternal.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: TheProphetMark

Think about.

god cant evolve because hes eternal.

I thought someone might said that.

But then Jesus Christ came,
He experienced what it was like to be human and realized being human was no easy task when it comes to living up to his Father's expectations.

Hence, 'Father forgive them for they do not know what they do'

That is why Jesus Christ is our salvation.

So yes as above, it is below even God is always evolving.

And God is not eternal, eternal implies without beginning and end. Even God eventually dies, and when God dies, we die with him.

Hence,

I am the Alpaha and the Omega, the beginning and the end

edit on 28-10-2014 by TheProphetMark because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The theory of Evolution proposed by Darwin includes speciation.

It appears that everything we call life, will attempt to and at times successfully adapt to various changes in the environment. This is called evolution but I prefer adaptation because the THEORY of Evolution proposed by Darwin includes speciation.

Their are three major flaws with all natural theories for life.

First, the simplest form of independent self-replicating life is cellular and uses the machine DNA. Their are some strands of RNA that appear to be mutations, these mutations can exist outside of the cell but can only reproduce inside the cell.

The origin of life as far as science can prove is self-replicating cells inclusive of DNA.

To simply assume that simpler life evolved into what we see today must be accepted by faith.

If possible we should see both of the following. Self-replicating life that is simpler than the cell still existing, and some type of evidence from the past that these more primitive microscopic organisms ever existed. Unfortunately we have neither.

So to believe in a natural cause for life, Cells and DNA, takes at least as much faith as believing in an intelligent creator. Since their is ZERO evidence.

Second for Darwin's Theory of Evolution we need speciation. Again their remains ZERO proof of speciation. Scientists have made many claims about speciation, but none of them are valid.

To call evidence of plants changing speciation, and relate it to animals, is a bit of a stretch. We know less about plant speciation than we do animals.

Third we would expect to find the following. Animals that appear to be in-between evolutionary steps and a fossil record that actually backed up the claims of speciation. Some evidence here but still nothing that can be proven.

So by faith scientists believe in a Big Bang, by faith they believe in Natural Origin, and by faith they believe in Speciation. None can be proven, yet all three are necessary for Darwin to be correct.

By faith those who believe Darwin believe they evolved from monkey and pigs, our two closest genetic ancestors according to thier faith.

By my faith I believe in God, and I prefer science to be provable facts only. My faith is in the right place, it makes absolutely no difference HOW we got here, evolution can never be the WHY we are here.

By faith I am a created Son of God, not an evolved monkey, but you can keep believing in Monkeys if you want, I will put my faith in God.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

This Pope just keeps on keeping on with the seemingly sensible and forward thinking statements he is coming away with as of late.

Im scared, when Popes start talking sense you know there's some hidden agenda at play!

If I was said Pope I would be rather cautious considering some die hard backward thinking religious zealot type(Christianity also has these, it's not just a Muslim prerogative) could quite possibly take umbrage and Pope a cap in his ass.

Have to wonder if this Pope could be Peter the Roman that St Malachy Prophesied about?
edit on 28-10-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: sacgamer25

The theory of Evolution proposed by Darwin includes speciation.

And? The theory of evolution proposed by Darwin isn't current accepted science. The theory of evolution has evolved with the times and new evidence, so Darwin's opinion on the matter is irrelevant.

It appears that everything we call life, will attempt to and at times successfully adapt to various changes in the environment. This is called evolution but I prefer adaptation because the THEORY of Evolution proposed by Darwin includes speciation.

Again, what does Darwin's theory of evolution have to do with today's scientific knowledge-base?

Their are three major flaws with all natural theories for life.

First, the simplest form of independent self-replicating life is cellular and uses the machine DNA. Their are sone RNA strands that appear to be mutations that can exist outside of the cell but can only reproduce inside the cell.

The origin of life as far as science can prove is self-replicating cells inclusive of DNA.

Well the origin of life, according to science, is still in the hypothesis stage and has nothing to do with evolution. It's bound to be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that Abiogenesis states that amino acids and other biomaterial appeared chemically then evolved from there (in other words, no DNA did not appear first like you claim).

To simply assume that simpler life evolved into what we see today must be accepted by faith.

Only to people who don't look at evidence and don't understand science which you are on track to be proving is the case.

If possible we should see both of the following. Self-replicating life that is simpler than the cell still existing, and some type of evidence from the past that these more primitive microscopic organisms ever existed. Unfortunately we have neither.

The first point doesn't necessarily have to be true. Just because it existed in the past doesn't mean it has to be alive today, otherwise we'd still cohabit the planet with dinosaurs.

The second point just speaks to how hard it is to find this evidence, absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence though. Abiogenesis is gaining more and more support by the day.

So to believe in a natural cause for life, Cells and DNA, takes at least as much faith as believing in an intelligent creator. Since their is ZERO evidence.

Yeah, this is 100% wrong.

Second for Darwin's Theory of Evolution we need speciation. Again their remains ZERO proof of speciation. Scientists have made many claims about speciation, but none of them are valid.

What? Have you not heard of dogs before? Humans have been domesticating and breeding traits in and out of dogs for CENTURIES, long before evolution was a thing. But even then, have you not heard about bacteria that has evolved to be resistant to all known anti-biotics?

Even most creationists agree that speciation is a thing. You are just seriously deluding yourself here.

To call evidence of plants changing speciation, and relate it to animals, is a bit of a stretch. We know less about plant speciation than we do animals.

You don't know what you are talking about here.

Third we would expect to find the following. Animals that appear to be in-between evolutionary steps and a fossil record that actually backed up the claims of speciation. Some evidence here but still nothing that can be proven.

The fossil record DOES back up macro and micro evolution (what you call speciation). Also ALL fossils are transitional fossils. Every organism in the world is in flux to change into another animal and is midway to doing that.

ACTUALLY if what you were saying were to be true, then the fossil record should become more diverse the further back we go. We should be able to find fossils of every living organism on the planet all the way back to the planet's origin, but that isn't the case. The fossil record disagrees with you 100% here.

So by faith scientists believe in a Big Bang, by faith they believe in Natural Origin, and by faith they believe in Speciation. None can be proven, yet all three are necessary for Darwin to be correct.

Huh? What does Darwin have to do with the Big Bang or Abiogenesis? He doesn't even have much to do with evolution anymore, let alone theories that he didn't even hypothesize about.

By faith those who believe Darwin believe they evolved from monkey and pigs, are two closest genetic ancestors according to thier faith.

ACTUALLY, evolution says we (and monkeys) evolved from the Great Apes. We didn't evolve from monkeys. Also, all life on the planet are genetic cousins to us.

By my faith I believe in God, and I prefer science to be provable facts only. My faith is in the right place, it makes absolutely no difference HOW we got here, evolution can never be the WHY we are here.

It would help if you would actually LOOK for those facts instead of just repeat a bunch of Creationist nonsense.

By faith I am a created Son of God, not an evolved monkey, but you can keep believing in Monkeys if you want, I will put my faith in God.

Believe in monkeys? You don't believe monkeys exist? What's it like living under that rock?

One more thing, go open up a science text book. I know you may think you'll be struck by a lightning bolt from god to go educate yourself, but I promise you that won't happen. If you were to actually attempt to understand science, maybe you wouldn't fear it so much.

Look buddy, even religion is leaving you behind with your outdated Creationist drivel. It's time to become educated about these things like the rest of the world. You can start by NEVER going to a Creationist website or reading Creationist propaganda again. It's all lies. If you want the truth, go read actual science textbooks or scientific articles. You don't even have to believe any of it, but to repeat the lies you said above just says you spend too much time reading Creationist nonsense and not what scientists are actually saying. It just shows how ignorant you are.
edit on 28-10-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I always feel proud to know everything alive is more or less connected through evolution.
I dunno why some think it is nasty and stuff.
Great post btw.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Well, Catholic clerics have been involved in Science for a long time as seen here and it was a Catholic priest, Georges Lemaître who proposed the Big Bang theory. Not saying the Catholic Church has been perfect throughout the centuries in regards to science, but they have shared a big part in its discoveries.
edit on 10/28/2014 by PennKen2009 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
What I find interesting is both camps of need one BIG
miracle for their beliefs and hypothesis to work.

I suspect soon the Big Bang theory may be replaced
with something less miraculous just as the church comes on board.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join