It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jill Tarter confrontation: SETI is spreading disinformation concerning alien contact on Earth

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

So says a UFO activist confronting SETI astronomer Jill Tarter. Discussion takes place at event promoted by the National Radio Astronomy Observatory headquartered in Charlottesville, Virginia. Located near the National Radio Observatory in Greenbank West Virginia and the National Radio Quiet Zone. Is SETI a secret government operation to hide the truth about UFO contact on Earth?

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Jack Jouett

I think people who work for seti want to find life more than anything...think..this is their career and life...they dedicated everything to search for life...why would they cover it up....there would be whistle blowers..in my opinion

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I wonder if they've talked to Richard Dolan? Seems like he's found plenty to indicate long term government knowledge of extraterrestrial presence on Earth, and he's a trained and respected historian.

The sum total of information on this topic seems to be being ignored by SETI.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: signalfire
I wonder if they've talked to Richard Dolan? Seems like he's found plenty to indicate long term government knowledge of extraterrestrial presence on Earth, and he's a trained and respected historian.

The sum total of information on this topic seems to be being ignored by SETI.

Probably because the investigation of alleged UFO/Alien contact on Earth has nothing to do with what SETI does.

Calling that exchange a "confrontation" is like calling oatmeal spicy.
edit on 28-10-2014 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

She just proves his point.

Man: how do you respond to accusations that SETI is an agent of disinformation?

Tarter: uhhh, with even more disinformation.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

She just proves his point.

Man: how do you respond to accusations that SETI is an agent of disinformation?

Best answer would have been "I don't".

But she was far more polite and accommodating than I would have been.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

Seems its a business to listen for alien radio traffic. They were looking for a Chief Financial Officer this past April…

SETI Institute, a nonprofit corporation founded in 1984, is located in Mountain View, CA. It has a $17 million budget that supports 3 programs: The Carl Sagan Center, the Center for SETI Research, and the Center for Education and Public Outreach. It employs over 120 scientists, educators, and support staff.

SETI

The Center for Education and Public Outreach is probably the disinfo branch.

Because I have trouble believing they haven't detected some kind of signal yet… at all. Is it just me?

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I'd say the title of this thread qualifies as disinformation.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

No, it's not just you.

I've thought that for years.

Bit like cancer researchers. Would have thought that $60 Billion a year going into research for what...50 years would have produced more than it has done in terms of a cure...but then i remember the $60 Billion a year and have my answer.

Same thing here, just less money going in, but the same as cancer it has enabled a comfy life, with regular incomes for the majority of people 'researching' the respective programmes.

Besides, for SETI to even be allowed to function as is, they would have to fulfil certain criteria...like never telling the public anything paradigm changing...if they did, i'd imagine there would be a series of 'terrorist' bombings at SETI and that would be that.

Comfy life, regular earnings, equipment access and of course 'being in' on the greatest discoveries that wait out there unhindered...versus being taken out into the desert for a long walk?

Hmmm.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Any civilization that could tap the amount of energy that would be required to send an omnidirectional radio signal that could be detected lightyears away would probably be so advanced that they would not be using radio waves for communication! a reply to: intrptr

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I wish the activist had a chance for a follow up question. I'm sure there was more he could have said!

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Comfy life, regular earnings, equipment access and of course 'being in' on the greatest discoveries that wait out there unhindered...versus being taken out into the desert for a long walk?

Hmmm.

Thats one thing I pondered, too. If Roswell was real (imo) then they are either recording the Aleeens or in direct communication with them?

Why else waste your time with your ear to a door if no one is in the room? Same thing with why they are exploring every single space body in the Solar System. What the Hell are they looking for? We know theres no life(?) on those inhospitable places.

The results are innocuous enough, "We are listening to static and seeing rocks…"

I say they are onto a lot more than they are letting on.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001
I agree. The listening for radio signals with a conch shell thing. Let alone travel among the stars.

So why do they do it?

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Is SETI a secret government operation to hide the truth about UFO contact on Earth?

Unless it operates on every country on the planet it would be pretty difficult. There's a whole world outside the US.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
Any civilization that could tap the amount of energy that would be required to send an omnidirectional radio signal that could be detected lightyears away would probably be so advanced that they would not be using radio waves for communication! a reply to: intrptr

Depending on where the origin of that signal is, radio could well be what they WERE using when the signal was sent...if they are situated a 1000 light years away, then from our perspective, they would have sent that signal out over 1000 years ago, possibly back when they were using radio.

Of course, at least 1000 years later, they most probably would not still be using radio.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

I think of it as more of a smokescreen from the public. Kinda like NASA. It would look mighty suspicious if our government was making no effort whatsoever to explore space or look for ET, so they set up these half-assed puppet shows for the citizenry to watch and say "well, they're looking but they just can't find anything...". Meanwhile the real programs and contact are all done and funded in secret.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Is she talking about just radio signals or the presence of alien visitation on our planet? Because eye witness accounts from people like Sgt. Penniston and Sgt.John Burroughs in the Rendlesham Forest incident should be sufficient for such hard evidence.

Read mor about this incident HERE

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

Because eye witness accounts from people like Sgt. Penniston and Sgt.John Burroughs in the Rendlesham Forest incident should be sufficient for such hard evidence.

I'm sorry but what ?
Accounts from people like Sgt. Penniston and Sgt. Burroughs are no more evidence for Alien visitation than Harry Potter is for the existence of wizards , as much as you may want to believe what they say evidence for ET visitation it is not.

edit on 28-10-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

No it's the VAST DISTANCES between stars that and that fact many seem brainwashed on the internet into thinking that our part of a 100,000 light year across Galaxy is teeming with life because a bunch of internet fruit loops say it is.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

No it's the VAST DISTANCES between stars that and that fact many seem brainwashed on the internet into thinking that our part of a 100,000 light year across Galaxy is teeming with life because a bunch of internet fruit loops say it is.

It would be sheer arrogance to assume...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join