It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Source" of the "Matrix"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

I dont get it...

If this is just a 'dream up' of our brains then does the world cease to exist once humans go extinct?

Only the unnatural, long term conditioned technological & materialistic aspects.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I concur that we are the hardware AND some of the software. We are NOT, however, in control. Anyone who thinks we are is deluded.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

Yup.

Plus any influence we might have on the
Many Worlds interpretation of quantum
mechanics and any possible influence
we might have on any other form of
life hitching a ride on us in our
unconscious processing.

You will note I said 'might' and 'possible'.

Kev

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Spruce

Our culture and this world are QUITE crapped
up this is true.

Now how much of this is due to bad
human genetics and how much is
due to various control systems
remains unknown.

But waking up to reality about the
components involved and separating
that from absolute wishful thinking
is a good start.

But doing that...quite the little project.

Kev

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: EllsworthToohey

Sure. I'll be blunt any looney to make the point.

What people call 'souls' are generally just
wishful thinking.

In those cases where its not just delusion,
what you have is a piece of 'software' call
it a plasma entity...spirit...soul... a tulpa...
whatever you want. ...

that has hitched a ride in a human computer
(their brain). in such a case 'we' are their
'matrix'.

'They' start to think they are 'us' and 'we'
start to feel 'them'. We start to think that
'we have or are a soul or spirit or
'higher self'.

Or you could say that a person gives
rhemselves a multiple personality
disorder if you are a pure materialist.

Doesn't matter to me how you view it
to me.

In any case. ...'We' are in large part
organic virtuality reality providers
for 'programs' - whether real beings,
memes, or personality fragments
or societal mental illness.

Is that more clear?

Kev

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Death is not comforting, but the end result doesn't change, so why worry about it. However, that doesn't keep me from wanting to understand it.

Anyhoo ,

The neurological fact is, that something
like 99% of our brains activity is purely
unconscious

I don't see your point in regards to conscious and how you are relating it to your premise that we are hardware?

However, If we are not aware of our true reality as the trapper, wouldn't we be running in a simulated virtual mode for all intended purposes?

In addition, hardware by itself doesn't do much if their is no firmware , or software , or input being sent to the circuit.

My apologise but I guess I'm not following you basic premise.
edit on 341031America/ChicagoTue, 28 Oct 2014 17:34:54 -0500up3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

The first thing that any advanced meditator
learns is that they don't have a solid self.

This is a very uncomfortable thing to be
confronted with, and few have the honesty
to not attempt to wiggle out of the
unpleasant truth.

So humans have created all these unhealthy
myths to 'fill themselves up' to fight off the
uncomfortable reality.

But also there does seem to be some 'software'
out there that does interact with some or
most humans.

The point of this post was to discuss the
'matrix' more from the standpoint of the
hardware....which yearns to be software.

This approach is exactly oppisite of 99.9999%
of the fantasy wish fulfullment out there.

But there remain bits of high strangeness
to be researched. There is also a possibility
for an improved human future as a result
of such research. But I think most people
who research such subjects start 'way out there'
and barely if ever research the hardware.

I don't know how to make things any more
clear than that...

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
i read the op, and that's it, so i hope i'm not contributing anything redundant.

humans as temporary systems generating an extended and shared system. one dies and another takes up the slack, kicking out reality year in and year out. scared #less every last one them of their own personal systemic collapse, and the collapse of every associated system they participate in or are upheld by.

we all face it at some point. some conclude that they will persist throughout eternity and others reconcile themselves to oblivion.

they're both right, and if you have been keeping up on your quantum physics the way you claim, you already understand why.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

your views remind me quite a bit of L. Ron Hubbard's "body thetans". I do not mean that as an insult. while I have a general contempt for the "church" that stems from his writings, I have found many of them (particularly the more esoteric) to be valuable and have incorporated them into my own philosophy.

in any case, you have a very interesting perspective.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
You have 50 years behind you of occult/spirituality etc etc, and you think beliefs about us being part of the "pure consciousness", souls and the like lacks evidence?!

If we were the trappers, as you ponder, where is the purpose of such thing? The why? How did we come into existence? What are these poor things being trapped in us, some innocent, some not so, wanting to be us, us wanting to be them?!

We might very well be a sort of hardware, brain and all, but whomever inserts the software in it has the means to manipulate it, make it work to their purpose and so on.

Just wondering..., as I read your viewpoint.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATODASO
i read the op, and that's it, so i hope i'm not contributing anything redundant.

humans as temporary systems generating an extended and shared system. one dies and another takes up the slack, kicking out reality year in and year out. scared #less every last one them of their own personal systemic collapse, and the collapse of every associated system they participate in or are upheld by.

we all face it at some point. some conclude that they will persist throughout eternity and others reconcile themselves to oblivion.

they're both right, and if you have been keeping up on your quantum physics the way you claim, you already understand why.

Yup. We are individuals of a sort who die, and
'colony creatures' both.

Good observation.

Kev

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: tgidkp

your views remind me quite a bit of L. Ron Hubbard's "body thetans". I do not mean that as an insult. while I have a general contempt for the "church" that stems from his writings, I have found many of them (particularly the more esoteric) to be valuable and have incorporated them into my own philosophy.

in any case, you have a very interesting perspective.

It's been said before.

I've never read any Scientology myself.

I don't take offense.

My perspective is based upon life experience and a LOT
of research.

Kev

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

Yup. We are individuals of a sort who die, and
'colony creatures' both.

Good observation.

Kev

maybe it is, but it wasn't MY observation.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

But also there does seem to be some 'software'
out there that does interact with some or
most humans.

If you believe that then you must also believe that their is a possibility or likely hood that we MIGHT be in a virtual environment, regardless if we are hardware or software?

Again, hardware does nothing unless you have firmware ,software, or input or a catalyst event.

So in your case of us being hardware it would make sense for some 'software' out there to interact with us , eitherwise we would not do anything. However, on the same line of thought that would also open the possibility of us being part of a simulation , would it not?

Also Even if we are the trappers in one instance why couldn't we be the trappees as you put it in another instance?

I guess part of my confusion on your point of view or thread is that I don't see your proof or premise on why we couldn't be in a virtual world ourself? In fact, in one hand it appears to me that you give evidence for the possibility of a virtual matrix type world to exist, but then say its IMPOSSIBLE for a virtual world to exists?

Maybe the part that is really throwing me off , is my assumption that you don't believe in the possibility that we could be in a virtual world ourself? Is my assumption wrong?
edit on 391031America/ChicagoTue, 28 Oct 2014 21:39:38 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

hi KPB

i have yet to understand about the nature of reality, but i can see the possibility of this idea.
to me, it makes more sense than 'i think therefore i am', 'i am the body', etc.

peace

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Also Even if we are the trappers in one instance why couldn't we be the trappees as you put it in another instance?

Certainly. i said as much.

The sticky wicket is what is 'us' ?

I wrote this post in large part, because it's fashionable these days to
hate / want to flee / deny 'the hardware', and it's the 'hardware'
which is definitely real.

It's so human these days to make ourselves sick with all these
theories, but to deny basic facts.

I know that life on earth sucks and will increasingly suck, perhaps
until most or all humans are dead over the next 500 years say.

I can understand why people would want to flee.

But we have worked hard to make this mess.. our embrace of
toxic cultural norms such as greed, non-concern for our life-support
platform (earth) and our embracing of highly toxic control systems
that are thoroughly and completely anti-human have destroyed
us.

Kev

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ubei2
You have 50 years behind you of occult/spirituality etc etc, and you think beliefs about us being part of the "pure consciousness", souls and the like lacks evidence?!

If we were the trappers, as you ponder, where is the purpose of such thing? The why? How did we come into existence? What are these poor things being trapped in us, some innocent, some not so, wanting to be us, us wanting to be them?!

We might very well be a sort of hardware, brain and all, but whomever inserts the software in it has the means to manipulate it, make it work to their purpose and so on.

Just wondering..., as I read your viewpoint.

Reasonable.

Humans always seek to find purpose and to cast systems which are hostile
to them in more friendly terms.

I suppose I could post all that 'soul thing' in great detail.. I've certainly written
many posts that cover pieces of it.

I would say that it's rather difficult thing to write about such a subject and
not to get the constant eye rolls that others who make grand proclamations
get.

But i'm not an attention seeker in that manner, and I HAVE honestly researched
all this stuff for my entire conscious life, trying to understand in terms of
science how things work.

I suppose that especially since what I have to say is not 'good news'
(reality often isn't) that I've not put all of it out on the table.

I don't like kicking people when they are down.

For myself, 'reality' is not bad news, but for people who want humans
to be on a pedastle with a grand/glorious/impossible/unearned future -
well sorry. As far as i know that's not the way it is.

Kev

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Thank you for the reply.
However, in line of your supposition, you did not addres my questions in regard to it - were we the trappers, why, what for, how... .
This in continuation of your own "what if," also as a push for further discussion in line with your own line of hypothesis, since honestly i do like a good assumption and the build up around it.

As for us human beings as souls, consciousness and so on, I am aware that our psyche's construct is such as to find shelter and assurance beyond the suffering of what we feel, see, touch and taste - religions are built upon that premise, wars are fought under that excuse. IMHO, this should not dismiss the possibility that indeed our self awareness is part of a vast infinite, not solid and subjective (i.e. individual) consciousness.
Of course, deception and manipulation upon our senses, be we hardware or software or a mix of both, may well be multidimensional and multifaceted. I think that's why the concept of free will is immensely important but poorly understood and acted upon.

As always, the big question would be the why.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Whenever I see a matrix thread o ATS my program is to post the etymology of the word.

matrix (n.) Look up matrix at Dictionary.com
late 14c., "uterus, womb," from Old French matrice "womb, uterus," from Latin matrix (genitive matricis) "pregnant animal," in Late Latin "womb," also "source, origin," from mater (genitive matris) "mother" (see mother (n.1)). Sense of "place or medium where something is developed" is first recorded 1550s; sense of "embedding or enclosing mass" first recorded 1640s. Logical sense of "array of possible combinations of truth-values" is attested from 1914. As a verb from 1951. www.etymonline.com...

And this video.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Neo consults with the experts. Morpheus, Oracle, Architect etc. He also consults with miscreants Cypher and Trainman. So It's really up to you. Just have to make up your own damned mind to accept what I am about to tell you or to reject it.

Candy?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join