It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine crisis: Russia to recognise rebel vote in Donetsk and Luhansk

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Nope.. Russia is not interfering in sovereign Ukraine.

/end sarcasm

Ukraine crisis: Russia to recognise rebel vote in Donetsk and Luhansk

Russia's Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said elections in the Donetsk and Luhansk regions "will be important to legitimise the authorities there".

But Ukraine and Western governments say the elections should not go ahead. They accuse Russia of arming the rebels.

Poland plans to reinforce its eastern military bases, closer to Ukraine.

Ukrainian troops have been battling the pro-Russian rebels in the east.

A shaky truce took effect on 5 September, but there have been many violations and the situation remains very volatile.

In Kiev pro-Western parties are leading after Ukraine's national parliamentary elections on Sunday.

Voting did not take place in rebel-held eastern districts, or in Crimea, which Russia annexed in March.

Ukraine has urged Russia to put pressure on the separatists not to hold rival elections in the east.

But Mr Lavrov said "we expect the elections will go ahead as agreed, and we will of course recognise the results".

Anyone want to wager that shortly after the illegal votes are held that Russia will annex both regions? Apparently, and its been stated time and again, Putin was lying about Russian intervention in Ukraine.

I am thinking its time to return the favor and recognize Chechnya and several other Russian areas that want out from under Putins boot.

I am curious what sanctions will be imposed on Russia once they go through with it.
edit on 28-10-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
At least Russia is not doing what the us does in regions it interferes with. Appoint people for them to vote for. I think the voting there that Ukraine did is fraud anyways. Suppressing those that would vote for Russia.a reply to: Xcathdra

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Chechnya? But it's full of Muslim extremists.

No, I think we're about to witness brinksmanship at its finest over the next few months.

I cannot see Russia going in and annexing parts of the Ukraine like they did in the Crimea, but that threat will be there as a deterrent against further sanctions. If they are applied though and have any further financial implications, the wounded Bear might just strike out?

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I hope Putin NEVER TELLS THE TRUTH to USA or European Union.

I hope Putin learns to play the western game of lies and cloak and dagger even better than west plays.

I hope Putin with the help of God manages to destroy US government, NATO and Western Private Central Bankers.

I hope Pentagon lies in ruins 10 years from now.

As for US, if Putin succeeds, it won't be able anymore to export following products :

GMOs
WAR
FRACKING TECHNOLOGY
CHEMTRAIL PROGRAM
VILE IDEOLOGY
SATANISM

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: roth1
At least Russia is not doing what the us does in regions it interferes with. Appoint people for them to vote for. I think the voting there that Ukraine did is fraud anyways. Suppressing those that would vote for Russia.a reply to: Xcathdra

Being Russian forces occupied Ukraine Crimea, removed the elected government and replaced the leaders with self appointed Pro Russia / Russians your comparison is without base.

Why did the rebels prevent people in the South and east from voting in Ukraine's elections?

The fraud occurred in the illegal Crimean referendum and will be followed up with the East / South fraudulent vote.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

Who want independence from Russia.

The right to self determination, according to Putins comments and actions, only applies to groups that are a part of another sovereign nation that want to join Russia. It does not apply to areas in Russia that want to leave.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ExSmokerYes

I hope Putin NEVER TELLS THE TRUTH to USA or European Union.

Well, you are in luck...

I hope Putin learns to play the western game of lies and cloak and dagger even better than west plays.

He is KGB... Chances are he has those skills still. If you don't think so you should meet Putin and discuss it over sushi.

I hope Putin with the help of God manages to destroy US government, NATO and Western Private Central Bankers.

Russia is a part of the IMF. Secondly if we use history as our guide Putin is digging his own political grave. I would wager the US government and NATO will be around longer than Putin and his government.

I hope Pentagon lies in ruins 10 years from now.

Wont happen... It will be rebuilt.

As for US, if Putin succeeds, it won't be able anymore to export following products :

GMOs
WAR
FRACKING TECHNOLOGY
CHEMTRAIL PROGRAM
VILE IDEOLOGY
SATANISM

Should we look at the list of items Russia has lost access to thanks to Putins actions and the sanctions?

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Why are the votes of certain peoples illegal but the votes of others are not ?

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: MGaddafi

Why are the votes of certain peoples illegal but the votes of others are not ?

Because the votes in Crimea, South and East Ukraine did not follow the Ukraine Constitution. Its a key requirement by the UN / HRW. Its just one of the reasons international observers did not attend.
edit on 28-10-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: MGaddafi
Because on one side the vote is free and clear. Where opposing viewpoints are freely discussed, and the ballot represents all of the opposing opinions. (In theory anyway)

On the other side the vote is engineered and directed toward only one possible outcome. There is no freedom to express any opposing opinion, as these are silenced outright by intimidation or worst. (no theory, just facts)

But I like Xcathdra's answer too.
edit on 28-10-2014 by palg1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Indeed and Russia does not support Chechnya because of its ties to the Saudi influence of the mujahideen. Don't forget Chechnya has being the one whom has being sending its fighters and child soldiers to Syria since 2011.

The fighters knew there mission.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

And to think,all that was needed was:

1 George Soros Freedom NGO to stop funding 'citizens' (AKA fascists,regular people,and rabble rousers).
2 EU not to insist that Ukraine could ONLY sign an agreement with the EU,while Russia was willing to let them sign IF they could also sign agreements with Russia as well.

George Soros has admitted that he has been in Ukraine trying to undermine the government there for years,see this video:youtu.be...

In the first few minutes he admits he was in there funding dissident groups BEFORE Ukraine was a country.
He believes that what he is doing is right.It doesn't matter how much it destroys other governments,as long as he gets what he wants. It doesn't matter what the people want either. They could be totally happy with the government they have or not. He will disrupt it anyway. There is money to be made in the destruction of countries and he is in there capitalizing on it.

He has done no less here either. He funds the democratic party and puts out who HE wants,just like the Koch brothers.This is why they can not allow for a third party in our government. They don't want to spend all that money and have some 'upstart' come in and take the prize. So we are stuck with a corrupt 2 party system with the people's wants not being heard. What a great guy!

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
This would be good deal for Novorossiya. This way Russia recognizes the new country and then sends its armed forces to help them take the disputed area and put rest to the geopolitics of this all.

Most importantly war will end and common people on ground will not suffer any more. Political and business leaders will look more into projects to help society than play war. Nonsense of all sorts will end.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: palg1

It seems to me that after a vote if people still defend a city (Donestk, Lugansk) then the vote was rigged. These people wanted independence of the facist Ukraine Govt but their Govt said theres no way. They offered a vote but a vote where all the people and outcomes were pre determined. The peoples of Donest and Lugansk wanted freedom not just the same the had before with a new name, no more puppets. They realized whats going on and for this the Ukraine labeld them Pro Russian, when they are Pro Freedom.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: roth1

thats funny because russia had a puppet leader in ukraine who was removed by a legal vote due to corruption then helped him run to their country when facing potential arrest, the way i see it, these actions in crimea and east ukraine are merely plan 2 for taking ukraine since the first method failed and really, russia has no legal authority to hold any such vote in another nation.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere

russia has no legal authority to hold any such vote in another nation

Russia isn't holding the vote, they just said they'd recognize the outcome.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Anyone want to wager that shortly after the illegal votes are held that Russia will annex both regions?

Annex?

What a re...

Why don't send the Russians a letter, and write in it the following ...

"Dear Mr. Russian, I am retarded American/European ... please Nuke us here, so we can die in peace."

You want a war ... I think you should get it. But fortunately for the rest of us, the Russians just laugh and ignore it.

You are man, who demands rights ... and at the same time, deny those same rights to others.

You want your freedom ... go ahead ... OTHERS ARE ENTITLED TO THE SAME.

Don't comprehend that? really?

edit on 28/10/2014 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: bjarneorn

You want a war ... I think you should get it. But fortunately for the rest of us, the Russians just laugh and ignore it.

There is one thing about West which makes them different from other nations. If they make a goal they do not give it up easily.

If the goal of the west is to break Russia apart and destroy it as a nation, then be ready for a very persistent fight in all spheres of military, business, social etc.

Are Russians upto it? In WWII Russians put up a strong victorious fight because of 2 reasons a) Stalin's hard leadership b) immense crimes committed by Nazis on Russian people.

We are in a different kind of World War these days. Not so much military but lots in business and social terms. Russians should realize this and not wait until military war starts.

China is only solid friend of Russia and about time Russian leadership makes a definite turn in the foreign and economic policies.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7

In this world and age, the bric nations seems to be the only freinds we should have.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Indeed and Russia does not support Chechnya because of its ties to the Saudi influence of the mujahideen. Don't forget Chechnya has being the one whom has being sending its fighters and child soldiers to Syria since 2011.

The fighters knew there mission.

So is this why Putin invaded them twice and committed war crimes against the civilian population?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join