It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If u are professional poster-AKA-"Shill" please read this important information regarding future e

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: NoNameNeeded

I never said they don't exist, in fact I said that they are most likely here. I was only pointing out that the maybe OP is misdirecting his frustration at being argued with, with being harassed by some paid shill. Are shills a real thing? Absolutely. Are they here at ATS? Probably.

Do I care that they're here? Not a single iota.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

So, let's say a poster agrees with everything you say. Let's say they post the exact kind of stuff you post about. You are two posters who are simpatico - like twins. Now, let's say you find out that this poster is being paid to post what they do. How do you feel about it now?

Fine, I'm not advancing anyones agenda and getting paid for it BUT MY OWN.

Even though your example is irrelevant anyway.

If I were to promote depopulation that would be my case, I'd be confronted with truths and realities I'd have to reconsider etc.

If I were paid my job would be to stick to my point and persuade OTHERS into changing theirs. No matter what you say, my goal would be to convince you depopulation is ok.

Nothing wrong with that in your opinion?

Ok then, pretty disgusting to me, but I'm sure you have no problems being scammed in real life either then.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
"Shilling" is trying to turn the tide of dialogue or opinions in favor of whatever organization the Shill works for. in America that would be for the far right (conservatives/Republicans) or the near right (Democrats/"liberals"). AIPAC, NRA, the girl scouts.... whatever.

the line, "what's a Shill? someone who doesn't agree with you? *insert smirky face*" is getting as tired and overused as "pics or it didn't happen" or "and so it begins". Or any other quote people whip out when they want to be perceived as funny, profound, or smart.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Where I work, but it's really just a coincidence!

Honest!

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: ExSmokerYes
Okay.

I'll leave. But not right away.

Let me know when you leave. Call me.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
WOW

since majority of posters on ATS are Americans, and judging by bunch of posts.

It really is true, Americans would sell their soul for a dollar.

The more I read these kinds of responses, the more I think maybe it really is time for WW3 and cleansing, maybe it is time for meek to inherit the Earth and for those made up of ash to return to ash.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoNameNeeded

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
I think it's funny that people are so closed minded that anybody that disagrees with them must be a paid shill. That's the only answer.

Funny how people cant read, too.

I'm not even OP yet I'm getting frustrated over the complete lack of respect in this thread.

Please point me to where OP calls anyone specifically a shill?

ARE YOU SAYING THERE IS NO WAY THERE COULD BE PAID SHILLS ON HERE?

Do paid shills exist? Probably, maybe.

Where exactly did I specify I was talking about the op? I said people did I not?

This thread doesn't deserve any respect.
There are no examples of paid shills.
There is not links to any evidence of paid shills.
It's just a rant.

link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
If you know of a job opening lemme know.
I'm not to worried about my karma..lol

Meh, a "shill" is anyone who disagrees with you. If someone disagrees with you, what else can they be but a government plant or corporate shill because doggone it, I'm always right!

link   

So...you and the OP are complaining that there are people getting paid to do a job that in the old days was called a "Saleman"?

Still run into those types even today, and yes, they can be annoying. But I don't begrudge them their job. If they find it satisfying, then good for them.

I can always ignore them, or even tell them to "eff" off.
edit on 28-10-2014 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

link   

wo people get paid for that! Sign me up

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Okay.

I'll leave. But not right away.

Let me know when you leave. Call me.

We'll have lunch!

(Red Robin)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ExSmokerYes
WOW

since majority of posters on ATS are Americans, and judging by bunch of posts.

It really is true, Americans would sell their soul for a dollar.

The more I read these kinds of responses, the more I think maybe it really is time for WW3 and cleansing, maybe it is time for meek to inherit the Earth and for those made up of ash to return to ash.

Wow.
Maybe you are taking this site just a little bit too personally.
Just sayin.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
It is very well known that paid shills like to start a thread accusing others of being paid shills to deflect attention from themselves.

So if you want to see who the paid shills are, a good place to loot is at those who accuse others of being paid shills!

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: N3k9Ni
If everyone that lies for a living quit, we would have no churches, MSM or Congress

Sounds GREAT!

Oh, how wonderful the world would be...

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: NoNameNeeded
So the concept is completely impossible to you?
Interesting.

Don't "shills" many times put words in the mouths of other posters to cause confusion and "baiting"? In fact, are you trying to sound like you believe there are shills here to throw us off because you ARE one???

I didn't say it was impossible at all. I think it's a possibility, I just don't know of any. And a LOT of people accuse those who disagree with them as being a "shill". I've been accused many times.

Errh, sorry but when I mock a concept I'm not surprised when people ask me if I don't believe it. You're a hypocrite you know that?
first you laugh at OP, and when I ask why you turn hostile? Even if its ironical.

Do me a favour, read through my entire posting history and point me to where I call anyone a shill for disagreeing with me?

Hmm, putting words in the mouths of others, you say...

I don't call people shills, I'm not retarded, I know full well that doing so is obviously COUNTER-productive. But hey, you seem to be no stranger in implying what others think or believe either

We must both be shills, according to your ironic definition then

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Malynn

The reason sayings like "Anyone who disagrees with me is a shill" or "Pics or it didn't happen" are popular is precisely because of how true they are. Sometimes, when an argument starts to repeat ad nauseum, one person will begin to accuse the other of shilling.

With my other example, people lie on the internet. (Who'd have thought, right?) So the line "pics or it didn't happen" gained popularity because people began asking for proof of sometimes outlandish stories.

So while I understand your derision, I sincerely doubt you've changed anyone's mind regarding using these lines. And if you think you have, well, pics or it didn't happen.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

We'll have lunch!

(Red Robin)

I'm there. And you can train me. But, of course, I'll be working for the "other side", I'm sure you know. I wouldn't go against my personal beliefs (or sell my soul), as the OP is insinuating, saying I need to be "cleansed" from the earth.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex

So...you and the OP are complaining that there are people getting paid to do a job that in the old days was called a "Saleman"?

Still run into those types even today, and yes, they can be annoying. But I don't begrudge them their job. If they find it satisfying, then good for them.

I can always ignore them, or even tell them to "eff" off.

Haha, keep ridiculing me, I could not care less, I'm posting for the people with some understanding and intelligence, sorry if you don't apply.

Salesman

ATS joke of the year for me

link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Perhaps you'd like to point out where I was complaining? Oh right. I did complain about tired one liners.

Denying the existence of shills on a site like ATS is like denying the existence of army recruiters at high schools or credit card hawkers on a college campus.

Just because they don't sport SHILL avatars doesn't mean they aren't there. flying under the radar is kind of the point ya know?

link   
Damn, the cattle stampede beat me already. Good luck people.

Goes back to searching on Monster

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join