It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Korea Intelligence Say Solved Mystery Of Kim Jong Un's Disappearance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — South Korea's spy agency said Tuesday it has solved the mystery of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un's 6-week public absence, which set off a frenzy of wild speculation around the world.

The National Intelligence Service told legislators that a foreign doctor operated on Kim in September or October to remove a cyst from his right ankle, according to Park Byeong-seok, an aide for opposition lawmaker Shin Kyung-min. The aide said the spy agency also told lawmakers in a closed-door briefing that the cyst could recur because of Kim's obesity, smoking and heavy public schedule.

After last being seen in state media on Sept. 3, Kim reappeared on Oct. 14 hobbling with a cane, but smiling and looking thinner. The speculation during his absence was particularly intense because of the Kim family's importance to impoverished, nuclear-armed North Korea. The family has ruled the country since its founding in 1948.

Suddenly it seems like much ado about nothing? Seriously, an ankle cyst?

Source: www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 10/28/2014 by ladyinwaiting because: forgot source

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Six weeks for an ankle cyst?

I don't think so.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Is this strange? I broke three bones in my foot a couple of summers ago, and had one of those "boot" things and went about my business. Even planted a small vegetable garden.

Doesn't it seem odd that a minor surgery like this would take him out of the picture for as long as it did?
I'm still thinking perhaps there is more to it than what is revealed here.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Western Propaganda

He injured his leg while he was leading some troops during a military exercise

North Korean Media even said so....

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Hm. Here ya go:

It wasn't immediately clear how the information was obtained by the spy agency, which has a spotty track record of analyzing developments in opaque North Korea.

The agency also said North Korea has expanded five of its political prisoner camps, including the Yodok camp, which was relocated to the northwest city of Kilchu, according to Lim Dae-seong, an aide to ruling party lawmaker Lee Cheol-woo, who also attended the briefing. The spy agency believes the camps hold about 100,000 prisoners, Lim said

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Whatever, it doesn't seem to have slowed down the executions.

He said the agency also believes that North Korea recently used a firing squad to execute several people who had been close to Kim Jong Un's uncle, Jang Song Thaek, who was considered the country's No. 2 power before his sudden purge and execution in December 2013.

Although there has been speculation that Kim wasn't behind his uncle's so-called 'execution'.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

Although there has been speculation that Kim wasn't behind his uncle's so-called 'execution'.

How could it NOT be Kim?

If Kim is number 1 and his uncle was number 2 Who higher than Kim would give the green light to bump off the number 2 guy? If it came from someplace other than Kim who would have a pair big enough to bump off number 1 guys number 2 uncle?
edit on 28-10-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
Western Propaganda

He injured his leg while he was leading some troops during a military exercise

North Korean Media even said so....

Do they ever actually use their military? Except for parades, and to terrorize their own people?

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

I suppose I am considering the possibility of recent speculations that Kim is actually not in control of the country, that there is moreless a 'shadow government'.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Then that would undermine the whole North Korean belief system that the Kim family were gods blessing on humanity. How did that happen?

edit on 28-10-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Competing theories for his absence had ranged widely from an extended rest period to a leadership coup, via a long list of possible illnesses and ailments including broken ankles, gout and diabetes.

From yahoo news.

Also calls him a 'heavy smoker'. Who knew?

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
wonder what kinda cysts it was.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Maybe something happened to dear lil kim. maybe hes dead and were gonna see an identical replacement.For what reason i do not know but it is interesting definitely gonna keep an eye on his apperance.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Ever since his disappearance I have wondered what was going on with him. I am not one to normally buy the official story, but this actually seems to be a pretty plausible explanation. With him being the dear leader, I am sure that if he had a surgery, they would make sure he rested well and got the maximum care needed.

Off topic: Every time I read his name, I read it like....

~OkieDokie

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

How could it NOT be Kim?

If Kim is number 1 and his uncle was number 2 Who higher than Kim would give the green light to bump off the number 2 guy? If it came from someplace other than Kim who would have a pair big enough to bump off number 1 guys number 2 uncle?

Kim Jong-Il invested heavily into the power of the North Korean OGD, which swore loyalty to him as their leader. After the sudden and unexpected death of Kim Jong-Il, you can guess where a lot of the power remained. This isn't even considering the fact that Kim Jong-Il provided Kim Jong-Un with 'guides', or handlers, to help him in leading the country. Essentially, Kim Jong-Un was prematurely thrust into a position of leadership, where he had guides to steer him, and a powerful organisation, made up of all the top people, which may not even be obedient to him. Now you know why he has had to purge so many people... :/

Funnily enough, as he has been purging people, he has gained greater control at the expense of a less stable government. He has greater power than what he had when he came into office, but his government is constantly changing. Some speculate that Kim Jong-Un's uncle was knocked off by the OGD.

news.vice.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: amraks

english.chosun.com...

The above article states he actually sprained his ankles while 'touring' various sites in NK, and he left them untreated, (such perseverance!) which caused fractures to develop in both ankles, and apparently a cyst. Says doctors came from Europe to the surgery. Still doesn't say what kind of cyst.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I heard it was a reoccurring knee injury that he had sustained when he broke the world record for the 100m sprint at the last Olympics .. That's according to a North korean paper

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

Lol! .......... or was that Putin?

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
It was a photo finish .. Kim claimed it just thanks to having hair but picked up a life time injury

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Oh, cyst. I thought it was 'removing a sister'.

new topics

top topics

join