It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Qu�bec.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Qu�bec has always been an issue with Canada. Their backward ways is only the beginning.

Not only is there a rule in Qu�bec stating that French writing on signs must be twice as large as English writing on the same sign, but they want to become their own country!

I say sure, let them seperate, then we shall invade them and take back the land that is ours!

Qu�bec's formidable defenses:

• Fifteen Mounties on nearly that many horses
  • Ten Mounties without horses (but they have neat little bikes with bells!)
  • Five Mounties made of wax (guarding the Museum of Civilization in Qu�bec City -- they did look tough, though)
  • Three tanks (two propane, one with goldfish)
  • 30 000 gaggles of incontinent geese (talk about land mines!)
  • Twelve million hockey fans with big foam rubber numero un hands... burp!
  • 100 000 lumberjacks
  • One old box of flintlock pistols, muskets, and blunderbusses (actually, it's more of a historical display)
  • Frostbite
  • One 50-megatonne Peacekepper missile ("somewhere around here...")

So you see, EN GARDE!

[edit on 9-12-2004 by MacKiller]

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I don't think you have to worry about the lumberjacks. They are probably all drunk at the bar and discussing women's clothing anyway.

PS Is anyone getting these jokes or am I merely amusing myself?

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
"........we dress in womens clothing, just like our dear mama..."

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacKiller
So you see, EN GARDE!

Just threaten them with a pea-soup embargo.

How is it that the french in nova scotia were pushed out (to louisiana) but the Qubecers weren't?

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
As a Quebecer (although in Ontario for University), and an anglo, I still must infer that if the Quebec population wants to seperate, then why not let them? If we wish to propogate democratic rhetoric, why not let them voice popular opinion (one way or the other)?
I have no vested interest either way, except for the liberty of the individual.

Regards,
Paul

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
How is it that the french in nova scotia were pushed out (to louisiana) but the Qubecers weren't?

Because Canadians hate Maritimers even more than Quebecers. Even more than Albertans, perhaps. No, no. The flatlanders are far more hated than the martimers. Canada has a history of oppressing the French, and not buying our soup.

DE

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx

Originally posted by Nygdan

Because Canadians hate Maritimers even more than Quebecers. Even more than Albertans, perhaps. No, no. The flatlanders are far more hated than the martimers. Canada has a history of oppressing the French, and not buying our soup.

DE

I was under the impression that Canadians were incapable of hatred.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Then you've never met an Albertan. They're our version of neocons. they hate everybody. Gays, minorities....other canadians....

DE

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Funny post MacKiller!
And Dues is right Albertans do hate pretty much everyone, except for the Born Again types they profess to love everyone whilst trying to convert them.
I'm watching an Albertan MP right now bashing Gays right as I type this.

[edit on 9-12-2004 by sardion2000]

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Well, jezus, tell that MP to stop! heh heh.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Well I hear New Foundland is hopping Quebec separates, they think it will cut out 7 hours driving time to Toronto.

[edit on 9/12/2004 by Sauron]

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
That is great Sauron LOL
Those damned Newfies!!

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacKiller
Qu�bec has always been an issue with Canada. Their backward ways is only the beginning.

Not only is there a rule in Qu�bec stating that French writing on signs must be twice as large as English writing on the same sign, but they want to become their own country!

I say sure, let them seperate, then we shall invade them and take back the land that is ours!

Qu�bec's formidable defenses:

• Fifteen Mounties on nearly that many horses
  • Ten Mounties without horses (but they have neat little bikes with bells!)
  • Five Mounties made of wax (guarding the Museum of Civilization in Qu�bec City -- they did look tough, though)
  • Three tanks (two propane, one with goldfish)
  • 30 000 gaggles of incontinent geese (talk about land mines!)
  • Twelve million hockey fans with big foam rubber numero un hands... burp!
  • 100 000 lumberjacks
  • One old box of flintlock pistols, muskets, and blunderbusses (actually, it's more of a historical display)
  • Frostbite
  • One 50-megatonne Peacekepper missile ("somewhere around here...")

So you see, EN GARDE!

[edit on 9-12-2004 by MacKiller]

Hey! You left out our jet bomber! A modified Canadair CL-415 that drops boiling pea soup on unsuspecting enemy troops. Terror from the sky baby!

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
quebec is definitley something...i dont know what however...i am from british columbia...still not far enough away from those pieces of work..

i truly believe that bc and alberta should just seperate from canada...we are the ones that are not wanted..not that filthy quebecois....
...i think its time that we leave and be done wtih canada...

good post...i love when people get worked up over them quebecers...it feeeeeells good...

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DirtyYerocmai
i truly believe that bc and alberta should just seperate from canada...we are the ones that are not wanted..not that filthy quebecois....
...i think its time that we leave and be done wtih canada...

Just move south. I'm positive we could trade you for people who actually WANT to be Canadians.

DE

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I'm from BC as well, and I for one certainly don't want quebec to leave. Canada just wouldn't be the same. Quebec contributes to this country in all sorts of ways. Examples are as follows:

Maple syrup - I cannot live without this, and will fight to the death anyone who tries to take it from me
Snowmobiles - invented by that Bombardier guy
Bonhomme - big, fat, jolly snowman who makes me smile
Accents - you quebecois sure have sexy voices
Support for the arts - jazz festival, just for laughs
Poutine - good for storing pounds for winter
Andre-Philippe Gagnon - if you have never seen this mans show, go now
Montreal Canadiens - provides the rest of Canada with a hockey team to unite against, provided we ever see them play again

The only thing that I hold against the province of Quebec is Celine Dion, and one day, I will get over that, too.

Old joke: What will they call the Canadiens if Quebec seperates? The Nordiques, they already have the uniforms.

new topics

top topics

join