It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Request for a FOS forum?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Hi all can we have a vote who would like a freedom of speech forum free of all TnCs would this be possible? Just the one forum with theese exceptions? For discussing delicate topics?

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixFreeman
Hi all can we have a vote who would like a freedom of speech forum free of all TnCs would this be possible? Just the one forum with theese exceptions? For discussing delicate topics?

Dude, it would turn into a race-hate fest.

I assume that you are aware of this......

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixFreeman
Have you tried "Political Mudpit"?
It was set up to be more unrestrained, though I don't supposed Terms are abandoned altogether.
The set-up thread said "everything but vulgarity and threats is tolerated".
Also limited to politics, of course.

P.S. It won't be decided by a vote.
edit on 28-10-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: skalla

Well then a forum with its own TnCs just like no racist shiz

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Na I don't think iv ever read a subject on that forum tbh..

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   

What kind of subjects would you be interested in discussing in such a forum?

Is there a particular style of discourse that you would want to see?

More detail on what is permitted behaviour and language wise?

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Ok well have an age verification thing like so thats covered then were all grown ups on there so were allowed to swear have fun discuss drugs ect with out worrying about enything be removed and getting warnings or just wiped off the face of ATS wich happened with my last profile still have no idea why...

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Ok well have an age verification thing like so thats covered then were all grown ups on there so were allowed to swear have fun discuss drugs ect with out worrying about enything be removed and getting warnings or just wiped off the face of ATS wich happened with my last profile still have no idea why...

Personally i really can't see that ever happening.

1) Age verification would probably require a CC or similar - not many ATSers will go for that, privacy and the mark of the beast and all that

2) We don't need to litter this place with regular profanity, some of us like things a bit more intelligent. Try to find more words that you can use, they are far more effective than just dropping f bombs which is simply lazy and doesn't really express much except a lack of vocab.

3) As long as we don't discuss personal use it's fine now, a recent change. The owners want this place to be family friendly from what i gather, and heaps of drug talk will put a lot of adult users off too. Not everyone thinks drugs are ok, honest.

Best advice i can offer is seek other forums to discuss some of these things in this manner, there is heaps of choice

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
If it can't be said in the rant section then it probably won't serve a purpose being on ATS at all!

Why do you need to swear?
I swear all day in regular life, but I don't need to type swear words tbh.
It doesn't really help convey a message, it's hyperbole mostly!

I'm confused with the drugs one though,
I had a thread removed discussing the death of a woman due to "marijuana" & recently I've seen a lot of marijuana threads on the new threads button...
So maybe I agree with you there!

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Ok 1 I meant just like whats your dob yano like on steam games an stuff haha, 2 of but it doesn't they can be used in such a way of expression and fun yano mi mam swears all time its hilarious they are just words, 3 I wasnt aware of this thanks and finally I like ats and the people on it want to discuss with them and last time I asked whos on another forum (420) guess what it got removed ya see....

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Yaaaay thanks pal thats 2 votes for yes so far haha whos this who died of mj!?

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   

A woman in Britain...
Sour ce!

As for the DOB thing, it works quite easily on CreepyPasta when you want to visit certain pages.
No reason why it wouldn't work here!

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Sure but the swears just bring the overall IQ of the place down, not everyone has a sense of humour or the timing and elan to use cussing with a bit of flair.

You really need to spend a little time with the TnCs though i think, mentioning other forums in an "inviting to join me there" kinda way is probs against the rules - look at an intro thread, there will be a mod linking rules etc in there somewhere.

And i hate the 420 meme, it's very un-British by Jove. Let the yanks keep their crap stories.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

NO!

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Absolute freedom of speech is a violation of TnC.

Sad state of affairs. But necessary I guess, to prevent total breakdowns. You can't yell fire in a crowded theatre, either.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I don't understand the problem, just follow the T&Cs. For delicate topics try the RAT forum. Take your medicine and move on.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Sad state of affairs. But necessary I guess, to prevent total breakdowns. You can't yell fire in a crowded theatre, either.

Oooh but I can lol

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Freedom of speech is cool
just don't type the words here.
But you can say anything you want to your screen.
No questions asked... Literally

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Other sites for that sort of thing. Are you saying that you can't discuss things without using foul language?

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Oooh but I can lol

I wouldn't advise it. I am with you though on having total freedom. if people can't just let words and ideas flow off their back without being offended then we might as well gag everyone. The hand wringers and do gooders rule the day.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join