It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheism destroyed.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
I would really like to see a mirror thread taking the other side.

Maybe one that says : Christianity Destroyed or Religion Destroyed

Followed by an equally thoughtful OP such as the one here. Later in the thread one can admit they were just using the right bait to draw in the proper crowd and claim if you save just one person from the shackles of religion it was all worth it.

I wonder would such a thread be allowed to stay? Would the crowd attracted remain civil?

I wouldn't be able to pull off such a thread because if I say I will answer posters and questions I will unlike some OPs that claim to and don't then instead of actually rationalizing why they simply claim rationality and reason belong to them and theirs which can't be used by others...err....something like that.

Oh boy if someone starts thread like that please PM me. I would simply add it to my list of read daily.

^^^ I'll bring the popcorn. You bring the drinks.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

A space ghost sends its son (that's also its father) to ancient Palestine to create a loophole for a law it created after a girl made from a man's rib ate a forbidden fruit after being convinced to do so by a talking snake.

I have never laughed so hard at an atheists take on Christianity than after reading that.

Thats hilarious ....really. That is going to make me look like a lunatic all day with spurts of laughter for no apparent reason...and with my luck in completely inappropriate circumstances....

LOL

edit on 10 28 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Fair enough mate...sorry i use god in general terms...it could mean supreme being or society of gods or someone who created us...or some weird energy we dont understand...totally agree wwith what you are saying

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
LOL

I smell projection

I often laugh out loud when thinking about how christians think that the best explanation for a missing, rotting corpse is that it rose from the dead like a zombie before floating up to heaven to continue being it's own father and son at the same time while ruling the universe.

That and the tale of a zombie invasion that is mysteriously absent in all historical records of that period.

edit on 28-10-2014 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
the bible is basically "game of thrones" if the series had been written to promote religion. except without the dragons. which means it sucks.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Sorry OP but I'm no fool. I am also not an atheist or a Christian or a member of any other mainstream belief system. Your Tyrant Lord has failed utterly to intimidate me and if he does exist and still sees fit to send an innocent man, guilty of no other crime besides not believeing in him, to Hell, then he is no God I would ever want to worship.

Besides, Eris gave me a Discordian coloring book and she lets me stay up past my bedtime.

Kallisti

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
the bible is basically "game of thrones" if the series had been written to promote religion. except without the dragons. which means it sucks.

But there are dragons in the gospel of pseudo-Matthew:

And having come to a certain cave, and wishing to rest in it, the blessed Mary dismounted from her beast, and sat down with the child Jesus in her bosom. And there were with Joseph three boys, and with Mary a girl, going on the journey along with them. And, lo, suddenly there came forth from the cave many dragons; and when the children saw them, they cried out in great terror. Then Jesus went down from the bosom of His mother, and stood on His feet before the dragons; and they adored Jesus, and thereafter retired. Then was fulfilled that which was said by David the prophet, saying: Praise the Lord from the earth, ye dragons; ye dragons, and all ye deeps. And the young child Jesus, walking before them, commanded them to hurt no man. But Mary and Joseph were very much afraid lest the child should be hurt by the dragons. And Jesus said to them: Do not be afraid, and do not consider me to be a little child; for I am and always have been perfect; and all the beasts of the forest must needs be tame before me.

Jesus Christ, Dragon Master.

biblehub.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I believe in a god. Not necessarily the Christian God, but a god. That being said, the Old Testament is a load of bullspit.

A god who created everything, and does not give one rats ass about gay marriage, gay people in general, your prayers, my prayers, whether the Gold Rush dudes find gold, or anything else.

A god who is busy continuing to make life elsewhere in the universe, and has no intentions of rewarding or punishing anyone upon death.

There is a huge difference between having faith in God and following organized religion and the Bible. The latter is about money and control.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital

originally posted by: TzarChasm

But there are dragons in the gospel of pseudo-Matthew:

And having come to a certain cave, and wishing to rest in it, the blessed Mary dismounted from her beast, and sat down with the child Jesus in her bosom. And there were with Joseph three boys, and with Mary a girl, going on the journey along with them. And, lo, suddenly there came forth from the cave many dragons; and when the children saw them, they cried out in great terror. Then Jesus went down from the bosom of His mother, and stood on His feet before the dragons; and they adored Jesus, and thereafter retired. Then was fulfilled that which was said by David the prophet, saying: Praise the Lord from the earth, ye dragons; ye dragons, and all ye deeps. And the young child Jesus, walking before them, commanded them to hurt no man. But Mary and Joseph were very much afraid lest the child should be hurt by the dragons. And Jesus said to them: Do not be afraid, and do not consider me to be a little child; for I am and always have been perfect; and all the beasts of the forest must needs be tame before me.

Jesus Christ, Dragon Master.

biblehub.com...

yeah except it was written to promote religion. maybe if he had ridden the dragon and raised a tribe of dragon riders that defended the world against evil dragons with evil sorcerors on them trying to harvest enough souls to resurrect the dark overlord and...oh wait, thats what good fantasy looks like. not just '[insert random parable here] and thats why god is perfect so surrender your soul today!' i like books that show a more vulnerable hero anyway. heroes arent really heroic if they dont sacrifice anything and you cant sacrifice anything if you are invincible. gandalf was kind of overwritten that way. especially with the eagles. although that is a different story...pun intedned.
edit on 28-10-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-10-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb
a reply to: smithjustinb

Your world view has no justification for uniformity in nature, yet you live each day as though when you wake up gravity will work as did the day before, but as a bag of flesh and chemicals and that being all you are you have no ultimate justification for believing that way. The fact that you do believe that way shows you know God and are suppressing that truth because of your sin.

I believe gravity will work the same way tomorrow as it did today because logic. Logically, gravity has been the same throughout the history of the universe, so we can logically deduce that tomorrow, it will work the same. If you think you can argue that believing in gravity is illogical, you are the only thing being illogical.

You're telling me since I believe gravity is going to work the same way tomorrow as it has for billions of years, then that means I believe in God? No. It just means that I can think and know history and have logic. Unlike this thread.
edit on 28-10-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Yeah, nevermind.
edit on 28-10-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

So the OP won't be long, but I will try and be very active in my respones. I am a Christian and my doctrine is laid out in the Word. So in order to make it fair anyone who joins in the conversation please give a brief summary of what your honest beliefs. Describe the main reasons you do not believe in the Biblical God and the Resurrection of Christ.

I'll give you a simple reason why they do not believe that the Bible means exactly what it says and is a historical document. You can make a thread listing all the archaeological and scientific evidence known to man proving the Bible to be a historical document, it won't matter. You can give all theological reasons why you believe Yahweh is the one true God of the heavens and the earth out of all so called "gods", it will not matter. In their minds, they know that there is a God, but in their hearts, they don't want to believe it, because their hearts are hardened away from the truth. As the Bible says, its all about whats in an individuals heart that's important, not about whats logical, or what constitutes as evidence pointing to a creator.

Revelation 20 puts all of this into proper perspective, where Satan is let loose from the pit and still somehow manages to convince the heathen nations to try and overtake the holy city, even with God sitting right in front of their faces. When you read that chapter and you truly understand the ramifications of it, it certainly gives true meaning to the Biblical statement about "casting pearls before swine". In this case God himself is the pearl revealing himself to the swine. So basically, I truly do not understand why you are wasting your time with the heathen.

There is nothing more that you could possibly do that would convince any heathen that the Bible is truth on this website or anywhere else. You might say we should give an account for the faith, and I say, since when does God answer to the reprobates? God doesn't answer to us, we answer to him, and in the end of days, the heathens will bow and answer to God for their every action and thought. Like I said, they know God exists because there is a mountain of evidence showing it, but the fools say in their hearts that there is no God, so they are without excuse. I simply tell the heathen that they can either confess that Yahweh is God who created the heavens and the earth, who came in the flesh as Jesus Christ to die for our sins, or they can move on and let the chains of the lake of fire set tightly upon them. If you remember, this is the same ultimatum they will be given in the end of days right before God pours out his wrath on the earth, and that's about all the "accounting" I will give for my faith as well.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

I believe gravity will work the same way tomorrow as it did today because logic.

You are begging the question friend. When you say you use a form of logic to reason that gravity will work the same as it did the day before you are not deducing(general to specific) anything, rather you are using induction(Specific to general). In order to preform inductive reasoning one must already assume that gravity works the same today as it did yesterday, or in other words one must assume that the past will be like the future before they begin to reason anything. So I'll say again what justification can you give for the past being like the future from an atheistic world view?

Also I will add another question:

What justification do you have for the laws of logic? You keep telling me that you use logic, but as an atheist you have no way to justify any form of universals.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

So you started this thread to destroy atheists then refuse to address any of our valid points based on the belief our form of logic is not logical because we aren't Christians? Smooth. What was the real reason for this thread?
edit on 28-10-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I believe gravity will work the same way tomorrow as it did today because logic.

You are begging the question friend. When you say you use a form of logic to reason that gravity will work the same as it did the day before you are not deducing(general to specific) anything, rather you are using induction(Specific to general). In order to preform inductive reasoning one must already assume that gravity works the same today as it did yesterday, or in other words one must assume that the past will be like the future before they begin to reason anything. So I'll say again what justification can you give for the past being like the future from an atheistic world view?

Because, as it pertains to gravity, its always been what it is. It's never changed. So, I don't expect it to change tomorrow. I don't see what that kind of observation has to do with religion at all.

Also I will add another question:

What justification do you have for the laws of logic? You keep telling me that you use logic, but as an atheist you have no way to justify any form of universals.

Why not? Of course I do. Universals like math? Why don't I have a way to justify math due to my world view? Math works. It predicts the behavior of interactions. So its justified. How can you argue that because I'm atheist, I can't justify using math? That doesn't make any sense. I don't see your point at all.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

So you started this thread to destroy atheists then refuse to address any of our valid points based on the belief our form of logic is not logical because we aren't Christians? Smoooth.

That's basically what I'm gathering. He's not making any sense. Its like he's trying to say, in a lot of words, that since we're not Christians, we don't know what logic is. But, rather than explaining how that is, he just uses more words to reiterate that statement without ever actually explaining how atheists can't know logic.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

That's basically what I'm gathering. He's not making any sense. Its like he's trying to say, in a lot of words, that since we're not Christians, we don't know what logic is.

We can't know morals or ethics, either.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

In order to reason anything, a person must first start with God as He is the objective standard of Truth.

This explains everything about this user.
If this is his square one and ultimate source of reason then nothing said that does not start there will go to deaf ears.
This was said in his second thread that SO closed and rightfully so.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
"The past will be like the future", as it pertains to the laws of physics, is an example of deductive reasoning. Not inductive.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Does our existence and intelligence require a creator?
How much more intelligent must the creators mind be?
So intelligent, it too requires an explanation for its existence?
If God doesn't require a creator to explain its existence, why do we?
edit on 29-10-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join