It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheism destroyed.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb
a reply to: Grimpachi

Look into giants if you want to know about nephilim .

I take it by that you do not have any evidence for giants and you want me to scour the net trying to corroborate your claim. How typical.

Here I found conclusive evidence of a giant.

Statue.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb & graphuto

Hell is not in fact everlasting fiery torment. The Bible is clear that God utterly destroys his enemies. Utterly. The first death people experience is the physical death. But the Bible refers to a second death as well. This second death is that of your soul. The second death happens when you're cast into the crucible of Hell. It's only eternal and everlasting in the sense that it's a permanent death. Not in the sense that it's continual torment. It's permanent separation from God because you were judged and found wanting. The gift of the spirit is eternal life and the punishment for sin is death (not insufferable immortality).

Interested in learning more? Here is an extensive Bible study: Hell Know!

Hope this atheist helped clear up some of the unbiblical doctrines about hell!
edit on 28-10-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

as if you are an atheist you have only a materialistic view of the world which means you are nothing more than matter and chemicals which cannot produce truth so why should I even listen?

So spirituality or Religion is the sole arbitrator of thruth? You are disingenuous with your baiting thread titles, you dont see reason and your posts lack coherence

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ThomasFL72

Maybe people are waking up and steering away from the deimurge jehovah. Your porblem is you like to shout at people by using caps

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   

and I don't want anyone to go to hell.

There we go....finally the judgement comes out....it was only a matter of time. First he attempts to bait people then blah blah blah and now the curse

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   

www.wordwiz72.com...

Note for all...heres a great site comparing Pauline pseudo christianity against Jesus message.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I have gone through researching my religion and those linked to it and found it all based on lies and twisted mythology borrowed from ancient cultures then put together to suit a political purpose.

I don't believe in the right of the church or any religious person to interfere in the union between a man (or woman or child) and stand between what that persons believes to be a higher spirit and themselves.

I know from Nag Hammadi that Christ viewed men who followed his teachings as brothers and himself not as a God and that people were treated equally.

I believe in a cosmic clock that equates down into our lives via our dna's mystic alignment with it and the base belief that all human ity is good but we do have psychopaths within our ranks that want to rule and dominate. I see the current round of religious fervour and its antiquated thinking going on in the islamic caliphate as despicable and base and wonder how anyone can actually think that a god existed - if he does its time he showed himself with the wickedness that is being carried out in his name.

Atheism is being proved in my view every day with each dreadful act so-called religious biggots carry out. Even in Iran the murder of a woman trying to defend herself against a would-be rapist is yet another dispicable act, as everyone knows their her reputation would be soiled and she had no option - good for her and I hope she rests in peace - she should never have been allowed to die for defending her modesty and virtue which doesn[t square with the way islamists want people to see their belief system.

I also think that no religion should be taught to kiddies until they are past the formative years of their life so cannot be effectively brainwashed. I als think its a dangerous thing to put into idle men's minds also and now it appears from the female jihadists from scotland some women's minds also.

Regarding pauline scripture it was a version acceptable to rome as pal was a roman tool trying to break the jewish culture as they were perhaps considered a troublesome culture by the romans who wangted order and their taxes paid.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Op you are also a athiest in a way. I mean you don't believe in the Greek god Zeus do you? which makes you an athiest of the Greek god. Or maybe your not an athiest and a believer in Zeus?

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Atheism Destroyed

Dude ... 10 months ago you set up a challenge HERE stating that if anyone disproved even one thing in the bible, then you'd admit the bible wasn't perfect and it was in error. That was proven over and over in the thread and you never came back to admit you were wrong.

You are using a book that has had many parts disproven in order to help make your statement 'atheism destroyed'.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on Tue Oct 28 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: fixed tags

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Wow! That's the thread that made me sign up to ATS! I forgot about that one.
edit on 28-10-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   

I just think the op wants to gear up against atheists. Or even agnostic people.

Almost like he is getting practice on what to say against us.

I never liked the bible due to so many loop holes, and how everything is a paradox. It isa book that fills people with uncertainty and creates a method of control. One that can make it easy to manipulate another using likeness. But of course it talks about false prophets.

The bible needs to be re written with a "new testimate."

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
A space ghost sends its son (that's also its father) to ancient palastein to create a loophole for a law it created after a girl made from a man's rib ate a forbidden fruit after being convinced to do so by a talking snake.

Of all the superstitions man has counjoured up in in an attempt to explain the unknown, Christianity and the bible are by far the most contrived and obviously fake.

edit on 28-10-2014 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Anyone who says they know god exists is a #ing liar....and anyone who says they know god doesn't exist is a #ing liar too

Nobody knows #...and this is why this religious debate will never end.

You can believe what you want but we really don't knokw 100% for sure.. I can't stand religion but i also can't say, without a doubt, that there is no god...even with a complete lack of proof. If there was a god or gods they obviously have made a huge universe and don't have all the time in the world to spend babysitting earth....let alone individuals on earth.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I would really like to see a mirror thread taking the other side.

Maybe one that says : Christianity Destroyed or Religion Destroyed

Followed by an equally thoughtful OP such as the one here. Later in the thread one can admit they were just using the right bait to draw in the proper crowd and claim if you save just one person from the shackles of religion it was all worth it.

I wonder would such a thread be allowed to stay? Would the crowd attracted remain civil?

I wouldn't be able to pull off such a thread because if I say I will answer posters and questions I will unlike some OPs that claim to and don't then instead of actually rationalizing why they simply claim rationality and reason belong to them and theirs which can't be used by others...err....something like that.

Oh boy if someone starts thread like that please PM me. I would simply add it to my list of read daily.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I respect all religions and their books, but there comes a time when people have to accept that not everything in their books are legitimate.

Christians follow Jesus Christ, but half of the new testament is written by a man who almost certainly had no contact with him. I would think that such a scenario would raise some serious questions about the teachings which provide the basis of many fundamental Christian principles.

As far as i'm concerned, Jesus was a Jew practicing Judaism. As were his early followers who may or may not have believed him to be the messiah. Indeed, i would even wager that early legitimate Christianity would involve heavy Jewish influences with a touch of Jesus. Not nearly the amount of content espoused by Paul through visions of him, after his death though. Messianic Judaism is probably closer to authenticity than all other modern sects of Christianity. Even though it follows the new testament as one of its books, it retains heavy Jewish traditions mixed with some Christian principles.
edit on 28-10-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: GiulXainx

The bible needs to be re written with a "new testimate."

Slap Russell Brand on the cover!

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

if you are an atheist you have only a materialistic view of the world which means you are nothing more than matter and chemicals which cannot produce truth so why should I even listen?

This makes twice now you have said this. If you're going to tell an atheist something about themselves. Know what an atheist is. The lack belief in a god/deity. That's it. Nothing more. Nothing less. Other than that, we are as varied in our beliefs as the 34000+ sects of xtianity that can't agree on the bible or doctrine. Being an atheist does not preclude one from considering, or even believing, in immaterial things or the spiritual.

Why should you listen? Because you might learn something.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: GiulXainx

He is not only gearing up against atheist or agnostic. He is gearing up at everyone who do not share his Paul version of Christian faith. That means all spiritual people also who are seeking the answers beyond the veil of all religion except his version of Christian faith and even contradicting the pope now days that are assuring atheists and i Quote the pope "You don’t have to believe in God to go to heaven".
edit on 28-10-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: johngrissom

And, to contribute to the thread...it is pointless. Stop posting these kind of things. These people do not want to hear any of this because marriage has no respect anymore, people speed, people steal, people lie, people get overly angry, people rape others, people kill others and this is just the general public, not the criminals.

Funny thing is, the overwhelming majority of America claims xtianity as their belief system. Therefore, it is mostly xtians committing the acts you just listed. Go to any jailhouse or prison, and you will find atheists are an extreme minority of those incarcerated.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock
Anyone who says they know god exists is a #ing liar....and anyone who says they know god doesn't exist is a #ing liar too

Nobody knows #...and this is why this religious debate will never end.

You can believe what you want but we really don't knokw 100% for sure.. I can't stand religion but i also can't say, without a doubt, that there is no god...even with a complete lack of proof. If there was a god or gods they obviously have made a huge universe and don't have all the time in the world to spend babysitting earth....let alone individuals on earth.

Ok. God doesn't exist.

If you had made the same statement using the word creator. I could have agreed. There is no way to know for sure at this time. Or possibly ever. But the moment you used the word "god", you lost me. God/deity/divinity are all human concepts of a creator. Not the creator him/herself, if he/she exists at all.
edit on 10/28/2014 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join