It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheism destroyed.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

DID THEY REMOVE ME CAUSE sorry the caps or cause i stated my OP and said he was a Dip WAD is that why it was flagged inappropriate

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

hay i am a believer in GOD i am sorry u dont but i am not hear to fight i have valid points when someone calls me narrow minded and simplistic i take offence . and state what i feel if people are so sensitive then why have this at all . yes u have some good point but u would have to admit i have some aswell and if u cant

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Have you noticed that many on this thread have no trouble with Jesus message and think he is a great teacher but think that Paul is a false prophet and you keep pushing that we have to have faith in Paul:s teachings because you believe in Paul:s teaching?

Have you noticed that I told them Paul's teachings can be found all the back to the OT? Paul's teachings are the exact same as CHrist teachings. If you think there is a contradiction in Scripture please share it and hopefully I can show you what you are missing in the text.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb
I don't want anyone to go to hell.

Please show me where hell is explained in the Bible and not influenced by Dante's Inferno and religious art/propaganda from past centuries.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

First off being an atheist doesn't mean you have a strictly materialistic view of the world. The only thing atheist means is you lack a belief in a God. That's it. It should be extremely easy to understand. Since people are not all the same, it's not surprising that atheists are not all the same. The one thing all atheists have in common though, is their lack of belief in a God.

Want to explain how lack of belief in God or gods doesn't root you to a materialistic view of the world? For example How did life come into being?

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

Because you can be spiritual without necessarily believing in a God. For example, many Buddhists are also atheists. As for how life came into being go to any number of the creationist threads where intelligent members have already thoroughly explained the prevailing theories in great detail. I think you're trying to get at "only God could have created life" if that's the case I refer you to my previous post about "God's God".
edit on 28-10-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Revelation 21:8

But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”

Matthew 25:46

And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Matthew 10:28

And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

o can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Revelation 20:15

And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire

Mark 9:43-48

And if your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than with two hands to go to hell, to the unquenchable fire. And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life lame than with two feet to be thrown into hell. And if your eye causes you to sin, tear it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into hell,

2 Thessalonians 1:9

They will suffer the punishment of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might,

2 Peter 2:4

For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into hell and committed them to chains of gloomy darkness to be kept until the judgment;

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   

First off being an atheist doesn't mean you have a strictly materialistic view of the world. The only thing atheist means is you lack a belief in a God. That's it. It should be extremely easy to understand. Since people are not all the same, it's not surprising that atheists are not all the same. The one thing all atheists have in common though, is their lack of belief in a God.

Want to explain how lack of belief in God or gods doesn't root you to a materialistic view of the world? For example How did life come into being?

Well when a man and woman have intercourse.. two bodies.. a sperm and egg...

Don't anger those who might have your back in the future..
Just because not everyone follows your exact words..
Does not entitle us to hell.
It does not make us disbelievers..

We're just different.

edit on 28-10-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ThomasFL72

hay i am a believer in GOD i am sorry u dont but i am not hear to fight i have valid points when someone calls me narrow minded and simplistic i take offence .

U don't???

Nevermind.. First off who called you narrow minded and simplistic that you would take offense to because I didn't say that to you. Perhaps you got mixed up with your posts to people.

and state what i feel if people are so sensitive then why have this at all .

Ehh..come again. I can't understand you.

yes u have some good point but u would have to admit i have some aswell and if u cant

Well thanks for saying I have some good points but the only thing you have said to me that remotely addresses what I said have been.

1st to say I only believe in myself ...yada yda..your problem is..blah blah...then saying I don't trust myself.

Which doesn't even make sense

2nd to say one day I will believe in god like you.

Sorry to say but I simply can't agree that you made a single good point with that.

Like I said maybe you have me confused with someone else you have been posting to otherwise I can't figure out what you are on about.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
da reply to: [post=18595278]WakeUpBeer[/

Yes but each Buddhist has personal beliefs, and seeing as how those parameters are not available for this conversation why don't we go with what do you believe about how life and the universe came into being?

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Ok so than who do u think help make the science it was the RICH AND POWERFULL , ILLUMINATI OR NWO to show u proof that their ways are the right ways. Let me ask u something over the years of my life which is 42 i have never seen peace on earth . so you believe the powers that be and, they force feed u your news now i know u do research but come on u really believe their Science can prove every thing they say it does. The THEORY OF RELATIVITY to the best of my knowledge is still a THEORY AND NOT FACT but still every one still believes that it is fact

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ThomasFL72

Gravity is also a theory do you not believe in that also?.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   

da reply to: [post=18595278]WakeUpBeer[/

Yes but each Buddhist has personal beliefs, and seeing as how those parameters are not available for this conversation why don't we go with what do you believe about how life and the universe came into being?

No fair..
I ask that on page one.
edit on 28-10-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

All we know for certain is that things sit on the ground, and if you drop something, it falls to the earth. In the nature / ability of objects to move upwards and away from the earth, we know that the force necessary is proportional to the mass of the object ; in the nature / ability of objects to be pulled towards the earth (or moon, or whatever celestial body) is proportional to it's mass.
edit on 28-10-2014 by graphuto because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: graphuto
a reply to: boymonkey74

All we know for certain is that things sit on the ground, and if you drop something, it falls to the earth.

That is fact!

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
This thread should be closed!! There isn't even a topic involved here and the Title isn't even addressed by the OP. All it's doing is asking everyone why they don't believe in the Christian idea of God which not even the OP addresses. This is pointless and stupid.

At the very least you should have to have some kind of Opening Idea on the subject to talk about. This is worthless!!!!

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb

There's no such thing as "the laws of logic". But, yes, matter behaves logically and is mathematically predictable.

Definition of logical:

according to or agreeing with the principles of logic :

If there is no such thing as the laws of logic then the statement "matter behaves logically" means absolutely nothing. If something behaves logically it behaves according to the laws of logic(See definition above". If there were no universal laws of logic then how could you and I have this debate(which by the way is proof that you know my God but reject him)? If we both don't come into this conversation assuming that both of us follow the same rules of thought then how could we ever convey a point to one another?

Logic is justified by its ability to predict future events through examining past trends.

You aren't justifying logic. You must prove to me that logic is reasonable from an atheistic world. As a Christian it is easy, we are created in the image of God and all truth is rooted in Him. He is the objective standard of truth and the fact that you ask for proof of things shows that you know him because he is Truth.

That is absurd and makes no sense. This is an example of that delusional thing I was talking about. Case in point. What you just said is a great example of how logic justifies itself by showing how incoherent thinking can be when it is absent.

It was absurd I agree, but as an atheist who in the quote below admits that you are just star dust evolved into a bag of flesh that fizzes what justification would you have for telling another bag of flesh that his fizz is less right than your fizz? If you try and say logic, you need to tell me why the chemicals in one bag of flesh can over rule the chemicals in another bag of flesh? As a bag of chemicals you have no future justification for uniformity in nature.

Your world view has no justification for uniformity in nature, yet you live each day as though when you wake up gravity will work as did the day before, but as a bag of flesh and chemicals and that being all you are you have no ultimate justification for believing that way. The fact that you do believe that way shows you know God and are suppressing that truth because of your sin.

" As an agnostic until you decide that the Supernatural is what created this world you are grounded in a materialistic view of the world and therefore view yourself as evolved star dust moving about in a time and chance universe." So?

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Read my comments they all have the same point in them.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Science proves the stories in the Bible with proof...still looked at as false

Can you say Ironic???

And, to contribute to the thread...it is pointless. Stop posting these kind of things. These people do not want to hear any of this because marriage has no respect anymore, people speed, people steal, people lie, people get overly angry, people rape others, people kill others and this is just the general public, not the criminals.

I mean really? Someone just killed a mother of 4 because of road rage. These people responding do not care. Let them live in their filth.

Mother of 4 killed
edit on 28-10-2014 by johngrissom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Well for fun:

If we are created in Gods image, science therefore could be seen as an extension of that. How do we know that all the things science shows us aren't the mechanisms of a higher intelligence? There isn't yet proof of macro evolution, just micro.

There aren't very many people who believe that God wrote the bible.

I cannot prove a negative. It is not up to me to prove the non-existence of god, but for you to prove the existence of god.

In a room full of Christians the burden of proof would be on you. so this argument is akin to "I know you are but what am I"

8. The moral fiber of religious doctrine is shaky at best. ( for all religion )

This is shaky at best without a time machine. If we are the product of evolution, then the Idea of morality would still need to come from somewhere, meaning that religion still gave us something good. Bears when they starve, eat their cubs because they know if they survive they can have more. That's an instinct for survival and propagation of the species, should we eat our young if the SHTF and we cannot find food? No because that's immoral (among other things), But a pure intellectual might say yes for the same reasons as the bear.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join