It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome to Nashville. Your internet service will be brought to you by Hitler or a turd sandwich.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ZeroReady

Hoo Haa!

What a thread Title!

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I had AT&T for quite awhile and never had any complaints - other than the fact that they seem to have a side business of tacking on strange, new fees every month. New fee appears, you call and ask what it is, get a cryptic answer and then THAT fee disappears on the next bill only to be replaced by ANOTHER cryptic fee.

Right now I have Charter and am in full on war with them. We pay for their top tier speeds ( 30 mbps ) but are lucky to get two or three. They insist this is due to interior wiring. However I have traced all of the internal Cat cable and it's sound. The problem seems to be that the telephone and cable cords come from the pole, across the street, wrapped up, each pulling the other down and loosening connections. Charter refuses to send a tech out to investigate it.

Their latest is that our street has a lot of new subscribers and that the shared bandwidth is being alloted as needed.

I guess the moral of this story is if you don't expect much out of your ISP ( As was the case with AT&T and I ) you won't get ulcers - but if you want the best and pay for it? You're going to end up hosed and angry - regardless of carrier.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Welcome to Nashville. Your internet service will be brought to you by Hitler or a turd sandwich

yep, they're a bunch of assholes

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   

My net service was already a giant # but sold out to Comcast. Non incidentally my bill went up after that!

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   

I will say... When its on its rocking. I've had Comcast for 10 years with not to much to complain about until recently. I used to call every 3 months and get a new promo and had the full package movie Channels and all maxed right out at 99 bucks or less. As of late its a different story.

Last 2 years has been one war after another.

I totally left out the whole "movers edge" fiasco I had lol.

Soo they say its easy to move just call xfinity.... Well sure is, the guy had me on the phone for 2 minutes tops when I called to tell them I was moving. He just said call when you get to your new place and we will renew your service... Well I crashed for 6 months or so at the old ladies loft before we finally moved to a house together at which point I called to set up new service... I think you know where this is going lol.

The guy says "sure lets get this $1300 bill paid and il get a tech out right away"... I literally spit out my coffee. After a couple hours of discussions and veiled threats they finally wiped my bill to start fresh... Which since then my bill has been more then 300 a month every chance they get, I've had to fight my bill for the last 3 months because "the promo wasn't in the system right"

I actually paid one of the $370 dollar bill thinking I was a month behind MISTAKENLY... The next month a big ole $350 bill came and that's when I started calling. All the movie channels and whatnot is crazy expensive without promo's so watch your bill.

It's a tough one. Comcast does have great speeds. but its like a hot girl friend... Gotta be damned lucky for her not to drive you insane.
edit on 27-10-2014 by mindseye1609 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Doodle19815
a reply to: schuyler

I don't know where you are, but you are having a totally different experience than me. I pay $119 a month for my service, and it sucks. They have now put a cap on my usage, so I hit it about every other month.

My cost is about half what you are paying. As far as I know there is no cap. I certainly have never hit it if there is.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I say go for the lesser evil and pray for Google fiber

Hell, i'd rathet have a Loon i'm so desperate

top topics

<< 1   >>

join