It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago pastor forced to HIDE FAMILY after supporting Republican for governor

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Normally this would warrant a loud laugh.

But it's serious.

A Pastor at a Chicago church has been harassed beyond belief after endorsing a Republican candidate for Illinois Governor !!

Not nice, but neither is the Chicago Democrat Machine.

The Chicago Democrats *ARE* the "Religion" !!

Corey Brooks, who is pastor of a church on Chicago’s South Side, has been beset with hundreds of death threats after endorsing a Republican for Illinois Governor in the upcoming election. His church has also been vandalized by the more adult, more caring, more tolerant Democrats in the Windy City.

Pastor Brooks has endorsed first-time politician, businessman and Republican Bruce Rauner for governor instead of life-long political insider and incumbent Democrat Governor Pat Quinn. But since he went very public with his endorsement–including appearing in TV ads for Rauner–Brooks has been under siege by those “tolerant” Democrats who wish death upon him.

His church was also vandalized this weekend and large amount of money earmarked for charities was stolen.

DEATH THREATS: Chicago black pastor forced to HIDE FAMILY after supporting Republican for governor

Dirty Politics at Work !!

edit on Oct-27-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Separation of church and state!

These "Jesus freaks" need to keep their mouths shut!

(and vote democrat!)

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Wow thats insane.

I hope they catch the people who are doing this. I also hope that Governor Pat Quinn publicly denounces the actions of these crazy people.

Chicago needs a change. Decades of democrats, or more to the point, Chicago politicians, have ruined the city. I think its a no brainer to try someone different.

In the end Chicago gets what they deserve. We as a country voted for a Chicago politician and we got what we deserved as a nation for it.

edit on 10 27 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Hate to say it, and no proof, but.......
Guessing there was some union involvement.

Stay tuned!!!

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I live just outside Chicago, and have most of my life. I can tell you with absolute certainty that this is one of the most corrupt governments in the country. This is the same government that was caught trying to sell a seat in the senate. It makes you wonder how much Obama paid for his...after all, he got it in Chicago...and shortly thereafter the mayors brother left Chicago...for a job at the whitehouse....what a coincidence...

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Or how obamas opponent just happened to drop out of the race because of a sex scandal That was only revealed after his sealed divorce was magically unsealed.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

(and vote democrat!)

I hope this was said in sarcasm.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The Chicago Democrats *ARE* the "Religion" !!

No...Chicago Democrats are the flippin' mafia. But without the class. Never could stand that city.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: guitarplayer

originally posted by: beezzer

(and vote democrat!)

I hope this was said in sarcasm.

Just thought I'd get it out there early.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Old Barak had the same mafia assisted politics get him his senate seat with that "old time corrupt Chicago democratic religion"
His mafia pal Tony Rezko still trade graft back and fourth when there's a need, and they always have a need.

Looks like they called in the bigger dogs for this out of line Pastor, which really isn't new news.

The extreme elite communist club like Obama and Harry Reid run don't have any rules except the ones they make for those not in their congregation of slime sucking garbage.
edit on 27-10-2014 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
is there no limit too how far these assholes in Chicago will stoop

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
So, and I'm just spitballin' here, I wonder if the good pastor had recommended Democratic candidates whether or not any of you would have a) suggested that his church lose its tax exempt status, b) asked for proof of the death threats, etc. etc. or c) suggested that the Pastor himself may have made off with the cash in the collection box.

Not that I'm suggesting any of those things happened, you understand, just running a thought experiment.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Where are Jesse and Al? Shouldn't they be out there picketing?

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Hmmmm ....

Oberweis, a state senator from west suburban Sugar Grove, told the Tribune in an interview Thursday that his private foundation, the Oberweis Foundation, had donated money in the past for a community center that Brooks hopes to build across the street from his South Side church.

“To the best of my memory, it was less than $1,000, but I don’t remember,” Oberweis said, adding that he hoped his foundation would make more contributions to the project in the future.

Chicago Tribune, May 22, 2014

Perhaps Senator Oberweis decided to take back his very generous donation?

Who can say

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

you talking about rham? who went back and is now the mayor. that's the only one i know from there that went to the white house.

the two before him were daley and swayer.

any way this sounds like raham.
from the wiki.

Emanuel is known for his "take-no-prisoners style" that has earned him the nickname "Rahmbo."[32] Emanuel sent a dead fish in a box to a pollster who was late delivering polling results.[33] On the night after the 1996 election, angry at Democrats and Republicans who "betrayed" them in the 1992 election, Emanuel stood up at a celebratory dinner with colleagues from the campaign and began plunging a stake into the table and began rattling off names while shouting "Dead! Dead! Dead!".[3] Before Tony Blair gave a pro-Clinton speech during the impeachment crisis, Emanuel reportedly screamed at Blair "Don't # this up!" while Clinton was present.[34] Blair and Clinton both burst into laughter.[35]
Rahm Emanuel

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Naaah. I think it's the ghost of Al Capone.

Or maybe, Mrs. O'Leary's cow.

Or, you know, it could be the Top Secret Totally Radical Progressive Twentysomething Ninja Newts.

The possibilities abound while we're making wild guesses.

But I am truly touched by this outpouring of concern!

Truly.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Wow, this is newsworthy! There is a republican in chicago. It's bad enough when people steal yard signs, but death threats for an endorsement is pathetic.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
The story says he received "hundreds" of death threats, but in the video, the pastor says he got 5 phone calls and they were trying to identify the "individual"... And he "thinks" the robbery was politically motivated... Why? And having Rauner in his church, I would be concerned about his tax exempt status.

Not sure what's true about this situation. He certainly should be able to support whomever he wants. This story sounds fishy, however.

Sounds like ONE individual has threatened him and possibly stole from the church, but it's hardly a foregone conclusion that Democrats had anything to do with it, as is being charged.
edit on 10/28/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

So you see, you can be black, as long as you're democrat. You can be a woman, as long as you're democrat. You can be gay, as long as you're democrat. That is their idea of tolerance.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientiaFortisDefendit

So you see, you can be black, as long as you're democrat. You can be a woman, as long as you're democrat. You can be gay, as long as you're democrat. That is their idea of tolerance.

And you can say the robbery was politically motivated and that you've received hundreds of death threats. As long as it's true.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join