It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young man stands up to police in video stand-off

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I found this video riveting and stirring.

I tried to post it in Posse Comitatus but it seems I am unable to.

Saw this originally at Liveleak but this is also a youtube video.

This is a brave kid. I hope we wake up as a nation and quit taking this over the top BS from cops. If they committed no crime there is absolutely no reason to be forced on the ground like a criminal.

I searched ATS and didn't see this posted. If it has been I apologize, and please close thread.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
We missed the part where they taze him then beat the hell out of him.

Then they usually throw you to the ground and put their knee in your back.

S&F

edit on 27-10-2014 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

link   
All that cop wanted to Do was shoot but he was aware of too many people around him in broad Daylight.

He knows if he shoots, he'll get a paid vacation, charge a person with assault on a LEO and then have it thrown out as necessary force.

Maybe not this time but next time he'll pull the trigger a little tighter. I sometimes wonder if police are shooting so many because they want to have that kill thrill at least once while they know their chance of punishment is practically 0%.

Peace

link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
We missed the part where they raze him then beat the hell out of him.

Then they usually throw you to the ground and put their knee in your back.

S&F

AND charge you for assault on a LEO.

Peace

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Without the camera rolling in plain view I think the kid gets tazed at least.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Does anyone know why they were pulled over? ....

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ArmyOfNobunaga

Agreed..
I started a thread on this as well, though it was pointed out that you beat me to it.
(I was "button happy" and hope the one I created is 404'd anyways. Glad to see it has a better place here...

...as you said, brave kid. (not kid.....MAN)

edit on 27-10-2014 by Jakal26 because: clarifying...

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

I feel stupid having to ask this but, what's a LEO?

Second line.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

Ill try to find out.

0:15 - I did nothing
0:17 - I know, now get on the ground (The cop)

If the Policeman acknowledges he did nothing wrong I see a problem with being forced to the ground. I saw the guys name somewhere ill try to get more facts.

Edit : Ok... found it... looks like weed
Article pretty interesting stuff. Looks like they did do "something" does it warrant being on the ground? I dunno.
edit on 27-10-2014 by ArmyOfNobunaga because: more info

edit on 27-10-2014 by ArmyOfNobunaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
This man deserves compensation for standing up for Americans all over the country.

Very emotional video because he depicts (from what I can tell) an innocent bystander. We all fit that roll and that means the same exact thing could happen to any American. I hope the pigs lose their jobs and he sues for a ton of money.

The cowardly swine need their badges revoked before they go on to murder an innocent civilian.

S&F, god bless America
edit on 10/27/2014 by 2Chainz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Right or wrong, innocent or guilty, never argue with the police. If they stopped you, they have reason to believe you committed a crime.

If the police “stop” me and ask me questions?
Suppose you are walking down a street when a police officer confronts you and says: “Stop. I need to ask you some questions.” A person is “stopped,” or “detained,” when an officer uses enough force, or a show of authority, to make a reasonable person feel he or she is not free to leave. If, in addition to calling out for you to stop and using his or her authority to make you stop, the officer also pulls out a weapon or uses a threatening tone of voice, it would be even clearer that you have been "stopped." If the officer interferes with your liberty to move about, he or she should first have a reasonable suspicion that you have been involved in a crime. The officer would need to support this suspicion later (should the matter should wind up in court) by referring to specific facts that prompted the suspicion.

The police do not have to tell you that you are a suspect or that they intend to arrest you, but if they use force or a show of authority to keep you from leaving, they probably consider you a suspect, even if you were the person who called the police. If they read or recite your Miranda rights, they suspect you have committed a crime.

In this case, we need to know WHY the officer had pulled them over to get a good gauge weather or not the officer was justified in his actions. We also need to know if they were walking down the street or in a vehicle. If they were in a vehicle they should not have exited the vehicle unless told to do so by the officer. www.ohiobar.org...
ETA: the above is according to Ohio state law, but i am sure it is likewise in other states.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: U4ea82
a reply to: jude11

I feel stupid having to ask this but, what's a LEO?

Second line.

Law enforcement officer.
edit on 27-10-2014 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

OMG. Why didn't that click ? Thank you.

link   

originally posted by: ArmyOfNobunaga

Ill try to find out.

If the Policeman acknowledges he did nothing wrong I see a problem with being forced to the ground. I saw the guys name somewhere ill try to get more facts.

Article pretty interesting stuff. Looks like they did do "something" does it warrant being on the ground? I dunno.

Thanks for finding out...I was just curious if they were armed robbery suspects, DUI, or did they hit someone with their car and kept going...you know there's so many scenarios....and all true criminals say they're Innocent and they didn't do it......so was trying to see all the pieces to the puzzle. ...
edit on 27-10-2014 by Meldionne1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArmyOfNobunaga

Ill try to find out.

If the officer interferes with your liberty to move about, he or she should first have a reasonable suspicion that you have been involved in a crime. The officer would need to support this suspicion later (should the matter should wind up in court) by referring to specific facts that prompted the suspicion.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I thought that I heard him say he got out of the car.... if so, the officer definitely has a right to detain them until the situation is figured out. I do agree that the officer should have not even pulled his service weapon in the first place, he is probably a rookie, and overreacting quite a bit.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
When you get pulled over NEVER JUMP OUT AND WALK AWAY. It is very threatening and makes you very suspicious. The officer told him to get on the ground after he made himself a threat but the fool refused to listen and made the situation much worse.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
No...just, no. Navidad (the kid talking and taking the video) did not stand up to a damn thing. His dumb ass, high as hell, apparently, decided the most intelligent thing to do was to get out of his vehicle during a traffic stop.

Deputies said the men got out of the car, which escalated the situation and that's when officers pulled out their weapons. A second deputy appeared and handcuffed the men. They arrested Jean-Baptiste for driving under the influence of marijuana.

Shouse said the heated situation could've been avoided if both men would've remained in the car.

Now, anyone with half a damn brain cell knows that getting out of your vehicle during a traffic stop when not directed to by the LEO is asking to be treated like an agressor. LEOs have zero way of knowing your intent, and there are myriad videos online you can find that show people calmly exiting a vehicle immediately before attacking--sometimes killing--the LEO.

This particular LEO did what he was trained to do for his own protection. He wasn't acting beligerently or overly aggressive--he was protecting his own safety. "Young man stands up to police in video stand-off"...no, he was high as sh*t and doing everything incorrectly during a traffic stop. Had he stayed in the car, he wouldn't look like a weeping dumb*ss online in a situation that he escalated through poor decisions.

Look, give credit where credit is due, but there is no credit due here--just a kid acting ignorantly during a traffic stop. "I know my rights," he yells. Sure, you have a right to jump out of the car a scream at the cop that he's a coward, but you also have a right to reap the rewards of that stupid decision.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
So let me get this straight...

People think that having a vehicle slam on it's brakes in traffic, then seeing two people hop out of the vehicle and act in a bizarre fashion doesn't justify pulling a sidearm?

Cop doesn't know what he just rolled up on. He just wants to be safe and keep the two idiots safe until he can assess the situation properly.

I can't imagine anyone who wouldn't feel threatened in the cops situation. I would feel threatened just being another motorist. My gun would definitely be unholstered LEO or not. I'd certainly be spooling up the turbo.

I'm all for calling out bad cops but I don't see any here. I see two guys that got high and acted like idiots. They didn't even charge the camera guy with anything. Boo freaking hoo.

top topics

join