It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California: Cops Wear '**** THE GROWERS' Shirts During San Diego Pot Raids

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Well TECHNICALLY the growers are still violating Federal law, so it's not like the police are making up laws or anything when they do these busts. It's just in bad taste.

These raids are really holding the marijuana industry back. Because of the raids, banks and lending institutions don't want to deal with legal marijuana businesses for fear of having their FDIC status revoked and being charged with money laundering. This means that many legal marijuana businesses have to deal in cash. This includes doing payroll in cash. Except when you do payroll in cash, the IRS penalizes you for it.

All of these issues could EASILY be addressed and fixed if the Federal government (Obama) would stop being so wishy-washy about marijuana and just make a stand. The conflict between state and federal law is just making things so difficult for everyone and as more states legalize marijuana, the federal government will HAVE to do something. Even if it's to crack down on marijuana (though I hope they don't do that, and if they did those politicians who enforced the crackdown probably won't be reelected).

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Look. This is just my opinion on why the police force is doing this.

They are looking for illegal operations tied to cartels. Sure they are going after people starting up but I think it is because they want to gain more information from people. Most are completely legal.

But I do believe that some law enforcement officers don't agree with the law that was passed and feel like it is their mission to preserve the way things were before. They think Marijuana is going to turn their town into something they don't want. Some hold racist beliefs behind it. So their own worst fear is getting the best of them.

I could delve more into this if I wasn't on the bus right now going to work.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
While I agree completely about the feds and the President, I have to question your point. In Michigan, we have the legal Medical law, and nothing is happening on the scale that it is in CA. You hear about a few local cops, harassing someone, but nothing like they are doing to the folks in CA. I mean, come on, hiring "outside" help? WTH?

And I haven't heard it going on in CO like this either.

Could be wrong.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Well obviously the crack down isn't even handed on its approach. The feds are probably aware that they can stea... I mean seize more money from California than from Michigan. Also, California is a BIG state that has many different political ideas depending on where you live. I know it's widely considered a blue state, but if you go up north, it becomes redder. If California were to be split into two or more states, it would more accurately represent the population's political ideals.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
While I disagree with Law Enforcement raiding people who grow certain(or any) plants that have medicinal value, in California it is obvious that most product that is sold is for recreational purposes and many growers and distributors do not seem to understand the difference between medical and recreational. This might be a reason why the FEDs and even State cops like to keep going after California growers. The guys they bust are generally the ones who boast about their activities.

As for the shirt, it is in poor taste. Forget the federal laws and realize that this cop, a person who likely truly believes he is on a higher moral ground that certain folks with a green thumb, is busting people for simply growing a plant. What kind of society that claims to have freedom and justice, still sends it a militarized SWAT team over people simply growing plants?

As for the cartel comment and someone who suggested these grow-ops are connected, I think that is grasping at straws. Because of the medical cannabis explosion, and so many people growing in the US, our friends south of the border have been planting other products on what was once cannabis fields, products like avocados.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Unfortunately this will continue to happen to innocent growers/caregivers unless the Feds decriminalize it.

Hahaha, fat chance of that happening - too much money being made "fighting" drugs and throwing people in prison over them.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

I just read an article about raids in CO.

It seems to me like they are getting ready and ramping up for elections in 2016.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Which is why this election year is going to scare the # out of the entire system.

You'll see what happens. This election is going to be one that you will want to watch on voting day ONLY.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   

This makes me so angry every time I see these thugs enforcing raids that their own people in their own state voted that they wanted legal in to law. Who the hell are they to prosecute their statesmen for what's been determined to be legal for all? My answer is no one. No one has the authority to undermine the majority of people in their own state to make laws that they will live by. Do the bureaucrats get to tell 1 against 20 million how the rest of them how free they get to be? The entire system of politics before the people is destroying and jailing our society. I hope and pray for the days when our vote and our ideals matter, AND are enforced through a justice system that completely supports the betterment of humanity before they betray us with lobby money. God I wish that time of American prosperity will come again.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join