It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California: Cops Wear '**** THE GROWERS' Shirts During San Diego Pot Raids

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Those shirts are totally and completely uncalled for, unnecessary and just plain ridiculous! The use of that type of language on the shirt of law enforcement is a major problem, there is no need for it, none.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

The Sales Tax on Pot in Cally Helps Pay for State and Local Law Enforcement Salaries . Talk about Biting the Hand that Feeds you............;(

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

originally posted by: proob4

Is our country becoming completely lawless?

I am myself also wondering if color of law and having a badge you are able to just make up law as you wish?
I don't like that, now your busted!

I'm pretty sure the judicial system is completely out of control while the executive branch is busy arguing about.. I don't even know to be honest.
Seriously friend it's ridiculous anymore. I am so mad at everything nowadays i often wonder how many feel this way. When is all this crap going to stop? When is the breakpoint when people rise the hell up and wake up?

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: proob4

I don't know but I were a Californian I would be outraged that the local PD are making a joke out of enforcing laws that don't exist. This deserves national attention.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: proob4

I don't know but I were a Californian I would be outraged that the local PD are making a joke out of enforcing laws that don't exist. This deserves national attention.
It sure does, this is over the top outrageous! Hell it's a "hate crime" by definition!
edit on 10/27/14 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Kinda makes you wonder exactly how they do the paperwork for a bust like this. Since it would be illegal to enforce a law that is no longer a law and to seize the legal property of people, how is it that they get the ok for such operations??

I'm guessing they have to lie about what they are supposed to be doing there and write it up as some other crime they were investigating and "Hey, look what we found" kind of thing. Either that or they are allowed to be Rouge Cops on the loose. I'm pretty sure most any possible excuse you can come to would still lead back to them Breaking The Law that they are supposed to be upholding. That makes them Criminals rather than Police doesn't it??? Don't criminals often times get hurt or even killed while committing crimes??? Happens all the time. Maybe they should think about that before they keep committing criminal actions against innocent people.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Yeah interesting right?

I've heard that they just take all there stuff and never get charged. dA drops it and no one ever says a peep.

Makes you wonder doesn't it? Why do we sit here like ponys and just deal with it?

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

That's easy. We all just sit here powerless because as individuals we lack the resolve to actually fight back against in what is obviously unfair fight. We are divided as a populous and therefor have no support even from our own neighbors. Therefor when attacked we are forced to stand alone. Losing your life, your family, home, or possibly being tortured mentally and physically is a high price to pay and almost a certainty if you resist. We are all individually fighting against Giants and will always lose until we are able to unite with each other rather than divide.

Every force we are up against that has jumped the track and is now out of control has gained it's power from a group effort with a focused purpose. Those forces have now started fighting each other as well. Until we can stand together we will always be fighting a losing battle. While it might show courage to fight such a battle, it also shows stupidity. That's why the only one's you'll see actually do it are people who have nothing else left to lose but their lives, which at that point are nothing but suffering anyway.

We can come together and create change in the system or we can stay divided and the system will force change upon us, that's about it. Until then we'll all just be victims of the system one way or another. Either it will abuse us when our time comes and we'll lay down and take it, or it will abuse us and we'll fight back and die. Those choices aren't very nice to consider so for the most part we all just keep dredging through it trying to avoid having to face one of those two choices.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

That's easy. We all just sit here powerless because as individuals we lack the resolve to actually fight back against in what is obviously unfair fight. We are divided as a populous and therefor have no support even from our own neighbors. Therefor when attacked we are forced to stand alone. Losing your life, your family, home, or possibly being tortured mentally and physically is a high price to pay and almost a certainty if you resist. We are all individually fighting against Giants and will always lose until we are able to unite with each other rather than divide.

Every force we are up against that has jumped the track and is now out of control has gained it's power from a group effort with a focused purpose. Those forces have now started fighting each other as well. Until we can stand together we will always be fighting a losing battle. While it might show courage to fight such a battle, it also shows stupidity. That's why the only one's you'll see actually do it are people who have nothing else left to lose but their lives, which at that point are nothing but suffering anyway.

We can come together and create change in the system or we can stay divided and the system will force change upon us, that's about it. Until then we'll all just be victims of the system one way or another. Either it will abuse us when our time comes and we'll lay down and take it, or it will abuse us and we'll fight back and die. Those choices aren't very nice to consider so for the most part we all just keep dredging through it trying to avoid having to face one of those two choices.

Preach on!
I'm with ya man.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I have a difficult time understanding why a local government would allow it's officers to wear these shirts. I suppose it just points out that there is no control and there is a lack of respect for the citizen.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Here is the problem in a nutshell:

State laws are specific, medical pot is legal, the guidelines are carefully outlined and regulated. But most police, if they want to shut down such, do not look at the state laws, but use the federal laws, which still classify pot as an illegal narcotic. In short the state may choose to state such is no longer illegal, but the federal government can still direct and do stuff like this.

(post by PhoenixFreeman removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
The police unions have lobbied congress hard to not allow marijuana to become legalized completely, despite the will of the people. Why ?? Without marijuana being illegal they would no longer have the justification to raid, harass, seize property, fine and imprison a large amount of people. It's all about job security and revenue....justice be dammed !

Marijuana has been shown over and over again to have many medicinal uses, as well as being a popular recreational "drug" of choice. It's not only the police that aren't going to give up this "cash cow " easily......Monsanto is trying to patent it, Big Pharma wants it's "share" , the prison racket, etc. , etc.

CA has whole towns and communities who's local economies are driven from the cultivation of marijuana , similar to growing grapes, tobacco and citrus in other areas. The grower's that these police have such blatant contempt for are FARMERS, not criminals. The REAL criminals are protected by the police, army and government.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Because people get scrips and sell them, or they get one and suddenly turn into Dr. Greenthumb and have a damn nursery. This isn't anything new and only idiots get busted. The smart growers don't....

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: 3u40r15m

This is not actually always the case....grower's with proper paperwork ARE harassed all the time ! Regardless...what's wrong with people wanting to be " Dr Greenthumb " .....it's not just marijuana grower's that are being targeted....organic veggie and animal farms are harassed too ! There are power's in this world that seek to control NATURE and restrict man's God given gift to sustain themselves naturally.
edit on 27-10-2014 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: MountainLaurel
a reply to: 3u40r15m

This is not actually always the case....grower's with proper paperwork ARE harassed all the time ! Regardless...what's wrong with people wanting to be " Dr Greenthumb " .....it's not just marijuana grower's that are being targeted....organic veggie and animal farms are harassed too ! There are power's in this world that seek to control NATURE and restrict man's God given gift to sustain themselves naturally.

Theirs nothing wrong with being "Dr Greenthumb"... People wear **** the police shirts and hats, whats the big deal with people wearing **** the growers?

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3u40r15m
Because people get scrips and sell them, or they get one and suddenly turn into Dr. Greenthumb and have a damn nursery. This isn't anything new and only idiots get busted. The smart growers don't....

Tell that to the folks up in northern cali. who had guys with rifles dropping in on them from helicopters, stealing their totally legal medical grows and leaving without any warrant issued, documents showing what was taken or identification. I would say "cops" instead of "guys" but so far there is some confusion. The LEO's admit to hiring outside "Private Contractors" to help them out but said they weren't the ones who have been reported by the people being raided. Something was going on and legitimate growers were getting screwed and somehow nobody knows who's responsible.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3u40r15m
Theirs nothing wrong with being "Dr Greenthumb"... People wear **** the police shirts and hats, whats the big deal with people wearing **** the growers?

The major difference is that Police shouldn't be wearing stuff like that while on duty. They can think and support whatever they want on their time. But on duty they work for the City/State/People who pay them to do a job that they agreed to do. On duty they need to put their personal BS on hold and represent the laws that have been made. Wearing a shirt like that while on duty and making a MJ bust in a State that has made it legal is obviously a red flag of Police Corruption and Personal Bias. Do you really want either of those things within Law Enforcement??? Why even have them at that point??? That's the same as having organized crime run things, which is what they are becoming.

Illegal Searches, Payoffs, Illegal Seizure of property and money, no warrant no knock raids, brutality, etc. That is no different than just letting the criminals run stuff. Criminals are actually better since at least then we wouldn't be Paying their Salaries on top of it too. Doesn't it kind of piss you off that we are all paying for an institution that is killing, robbing, abusing and imprisoning people under questionable or false charges on a daily basis??? If not it should and you never know when you might be next.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   

While marijuana is still illegal under federal law for any purpose, state law enforcement officers are supposed uphold state laws.

This fact offers some interesting insight into the kind of person the cop wearing that shirt is.

Does he even know who he works for? Or is he allowing his personal feelings and opinions to act as justification for implementing his own interpretation of drug law.

Who knows, maybe he's just an idiot and doesn't understand the difference between federal and state law, as well as which government entity he's supposed to be taking orders from. But I'm inclined to believe that, because he thinks enforcing federal law is "a good thing to do", by god he is going to do it. F# the growers indeed.

It's the sociopath thing. But it also speaks volumes about the federalization of local law enforcement that we've been talking about here for years. The feds have got their greasy little fingers so far into everything that the cops don't even know who they work for anymore.

It doesn't even cross their minds that their primary obligation is to the people of the communities that hired them. The people of the community that this particular pig serves legalized medicinal marijuana.

Priorities, LEOs. You guys need to get your priorities straight. Unless your priorities include establishing a totalitarian corporate dictatorship, in which case don't change a thing--you're doing an outstanding job.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Hey I didn't swer tho did I!? Look I got removed for just writing it hahahahahahahahahahaha

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join