It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC Now Claims Ebola is "Transmittable" by Coughing - Sneezing ??

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Adaluncatif

They actually do have contact with a lot of people, their whole families in fact, and other people in their villages...

Have you done any research whatsoever in how they live and care for each other?

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: ~Lucidity

You can pretty much disregard everything from WND. They've tricked more than a few people intentionally.

Those bastards! Shakes fist....

(Thank you.)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

It has always been bodily fluids...it is only blood and feces when not symptomatic. Once symptoms start you are shedding the virus, and Ebola is in pretty much every fluid leaving your body that it is capable of attaching to.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

OMG, dude. Stop. Just stop. It isn't airborne, and it can't travel into air vents. It doesn't have the capability of attaching to small enough droplets and would have to mutate orders of magnitude to be able to do that.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

You show me a news report that says it can't be spread from bodily fluids, or that it spreads like HIV. You won't be able to find that because no legit news agency has said such.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

No doctors have said that. Please source one who does and is actively involved with Ebola patients...

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

That is all aerosols. The larger droplets that Ebola can attach to do not travel as far as you think. I've posted the studies in other Ebola threads.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

No association with HIV was stressed a lot, and I'd like you to source where you got that from...

You are absolutely wrong.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: jaynkeel

Only this is nothing new and we already knew all this...wtf people.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Nothing changed. All this information was already contained on the CDC site. They simply condensed information into a single document.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Again, nothing has changed. Phage correctly outlined that this information was already located on the CDC's site and has simply been condensed into a single document.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

It has always been bodily fluids...it is only blood and feces when not symptomatic. Once symptoms start you are shedding the virus, and Ebola is in pretty much every fluid leaving your body that it is capable of attaching to.

Sorry? Where did I say it wasn't?

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The airborne thing Vs aerosol thing is a bit misleading...and so is the '3 feet' spread pattern the CDC mention on that release.

Aerosolised droplets containing Ebola or indeed any other virus contained in the droplets, can range from very large droplets the size of a mouthful of saliva spat out, to a tear sized drop, to micro-droplets hardly bigger than vapour.

These tiny droplets can contain millions of viruses in each one and the micro droplets can range out quite a distance because they are so small and can float on air currents tens of feet, and the scary part, can persist for up to 20 minutes suspended in air...

So, if you are in your local mall, or supermarket and an infected person has just coughed or sneezed, the infected droplet pattern can cover two aisles and linger for up to 20 minutes before falling out of the air and onto surfaces (like tins of beans or bags of pasta..for example), you come along 10 or 20 minutes after the infected cough and you are breathing the virus right into your lungs via the droplets.

3 feet my arse!

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

So Phage already broke it down for you, but let's review:

All of this is from the pamphlet, which is nothing new and simply condensed information.

First, you leave off the first bit:

What’s the difference between infections spread through the air or by droplets?

Ahh, so this pamphlet is going to answer that question.

Airborne spread happens when a germ floats through the air after a person talks, coughs, or sneezes. Germs may land in the eyes, mouth, or nose of another person. If a germ is airborne, direct contact with the infected person is NOT needed for someone else to get sick. Airborne spread diseases include: chickenpox, tuberculosis.

So there we have the definition of an Airborne pathogen. Simply breathing expels the virus.

Droplet spread happens when germs traveling inside droplets that are coughed or sneezed from a sick person enter the eyes, nose, or mouth of another person. Droplets travel short distances, less than 3 feet (1 meter) from one person to another. A person might also get infected by touching a surface or object that has germs on it and then touching their mouth or nose. Droplet spread diseases include: plague, Ebola.

But wait, there we have a different definition for Droplet transmission. It is most definitely not the same as Airborne and is nowhere near as communicable.

So then we have this:

Is Ebola airborne?
No. Ebola is not spread through the airborne route nor through water or food.

WHHHAAAATTT? How could you even miss that bro? Did you intentionally post your horrible OP with the intent to deceive people into thinking that this was somehow new information and that the CDC was suddenly admitting that Ebola was Airborne? Then on to this:

Is Ebola spread through droplets?
Yes. To get Ebola, you have to directly get body fluids (like pee, poop, spit, sweat, vomit, semen, breast milk) from someone who has Ebola in your mouth, nose, eyes or through a break in your skin or through sexual contact. Healthcare providers caring for Ebola patients and the family and friends in close contact with Ebola patients are at the highest risk of getting sick because they may come in contact with infected blood or body fluids of sick patients. Air, food, and water do not carry the Ebola germs

I am appalled at your complete lack of effort or research on this subject.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Incorrect. Yes that is true for airborne virus, but Ebola attaches to larger droplets which are literally unable to hold buoyancy in the air. You'd probably be at risk if you grabbed something they sneezed on and then rubbed your eyes.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I am sorry, I thought you were saying the media hasn't said anything about it being spread by bodily fluids, however if you Google it you come up with months old videos and articles from Fox, CNN, MSNBC etc about it being transmissible via bodily fluids. It seemed you were indicating the media has only been focusing on blood and feces when that isn't an accurate statement.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
Researchers and scientists and generally people who haven't been living in a hole, realize the difference 'airborne' and 'aerosol' transmission.

A cough or a sneeze is sending your bodily fluids out in to the universe, for any unsuspecting person to get.

It's only really likely once symptoms have started to show and they are bed ridden or something like that. During incubation it's not likely they would transmit this way.

~Tenth

I can assure you that I haven't been living in a hole, so please explain to me the difference in 'airborne' and 'aerosol' as it relates to disease transmission. Many thanks in advance.

HTTR

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko
I only meant that all they talk about are the worst cases and ignore sweat, tears, saliva, and so on.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

Did you read the pamphlet from the OP?

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I just thought that i would point out that the word "Obama" does not appear anywhere in page 1 of this thread and thought that you would want to correct that

edit on 29-10-2014 by skalla because: clarity, and more emotes

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join