It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo Manipulation/Editing Request

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Scotscorps84

Im thinking that image would look good if it had a LOMO camera effect added.

Ill play around tonight and throw a few options up. Keep in mind: the image you are providing is wayyy too small to be anything much more than a 3" button.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Yeah I'm going to see my sister to get the original scanned in Hi-res. I like the idea of getting someone to paint her actually and think go down that route for display in the home.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Scotscorps84

well....it might be possible to give you that handpainted look for free, if you have a good image. If you want to have me take a shot, im happy to. And I know someone else who really is pretty outstanding with doing that kind of effect who may also take a whack.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

I will let you know when my sister has managed to take the original and have it scanned in hi res and passed onto to me. I appreciate the offer and of course I would welcome you work on it. I will call my sister and ask if she managed it tomorrow

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scotscorps84
I had in mind noise removed so it's alot cleaner and crisper

It's possible to remove the jpeg blocks and de-noise : the result is painterly ...

[ click on this image to see the full size version ]
edit on 9-11-2014 by engvbany because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Even more like oil painting ...

edit on 9-11-2014 by engvbany because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

files.abovetopsecret.com...
Without sounding ungrateful and a tad snobbish, could anyone who is simply going to add a processing effect, or a preset paint effect or tune colours up and down please refrain from doing so?
I mentioned in the OP that I have quite a good working knowledge of Photoshop myself and beleieve me I have played around with the low res pic for ages to no avail. I'm really looking for someone whose work leaves me in awe. I know we have that sort of level of skill here at ATS or someone whos creativity and imagination creates something that I would never have though to do or try with this.

Please also bare in mind this is my late mother and the grandmother my children will never get to meet and that I am looking to display this work in my new home not only as a reminder to my children and I of my mother but to remind us that it is ok to move forward and still have a glance back to the past without it hurting anymore.

Very sorry for going on there and I really do appreciate the attention this thread has had, seeing as I know none of you and none of you owe me anything, let alone your time.

edit on 9.11.2014 by Scotscorps84 because: direct link is larger

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   

... could anyone who is simply going to add a processing effect, or a preset paint effect or tune colours up and down please refrain from doing so?

If you pay someone to make an oil-painting version, ( as mentioned earlier in this thread ), it's going to look similar to what I've done above, (which wasn't a preset : it involved two different image manipulation programs) , but perhaps with more detail if the painter has a higher-resolution scan to work with.

I'm really looking for someone whose work leaves me in awe ...

Be careful about giving the painter too much artistic-license : the end product could be awe-full ... www.museumofbadart.org...
edit on 10-11-2014 by engvbany because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join