It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Convenes 27 Person Ebola Meeting

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Obama has called for a mass-meeting to address the Ebola issues.

After successfully marginalizing some States' efforts to contain possible cases, He will now attempt to get his authority on top.

The Administration was very disturbed when 3 States implemented their own policies.

Very interesting chain of events in this whole Ebola problem.

Suffering a crisis of confidence over his leadership on Ebola a week before the midterm elections, President Barack Obama assembled a massive staff meeting on the issue at the White House Sunday.

Including the president, there were 24 people in physical attendance at the meeting CBS News said was convened “to discuss a nationwide policy for health care workers returning from West Africa.” Vice President Joe Biden joined via telephone, and Director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Thomas Frieden and US Ambassador to the United Nations Samantha Power joining via video teleconference.

All Hands On Deck: White House Convenes 27 Person Ebola Meeting

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I'd love to be a fly on the wall.

I can imagine how it will go.

Obama ask's his 'council', ' How can we not let this 'good' crisis go to waste.

Mencken was prophetic:

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. In Defense of Women (1918)

en.wikiquote.org...

Fits so many topics.

From EBOLA, to 'Climate change' to 'gun violence' to everything else that has been deemed a 'political issue'.

And Ebola is ALL ABOUT POLITICS.

And how the administration can make itself 'look good'.
edit on 27-10-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Wonder who's in there. And what they will discuss. Guess we'll never really know because they're just spinning this to their end.

The thing about the states is going to make me furious for a long, long time. Also, didn't FL put in some sort of above CDC-recommended action too? So maybe 4 states now.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

The states were probably very disturbed when it seemed that Obama and his administration had left them feeling like they had to make their own rules.

They've been so good about looking out for our health and interests so far, I can only imagine what lovliness will arise out of this "gathering of the minds".

I'll hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 10/27/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Wonder who's in there. And what they will discuss. Guess we'll never really know because they're just spinning this to their end.

The thing about the states is going to make me furious for a long, long time. Also, didn't FL put in some sort of above CDC-recommended action too? So maybe 4 states now.

I think the first thing they did was congratulate themselves on the successful "Operation Nurse Quarantine" plan that effectively cut 2 States' power in the Ebola matter.

They go to great lengths to keep the power base centralized.

I'm convinced the "Nurse" was recruited by the Administration for political reasons.

She was already an "activist" it seems.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Im really getting sick and tired of this band of fools running this country...Please, I don't care who you vote for but we need to get these idiots out of there... don't matter what party their in anymore.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
I guess you did not read the article huh?

Here are the participants and their titles, courtesy of Mark Knoller of CBS News:

The President
The Vice President (via telephone)
John Kerry, Secretary of State
Chuck Hagel, Secretary of Defense
Eric Holder, Attorney General
Sylvia Burwell, Secretary of Health and Human Services
Jeh Johnson, Secretary of Homeland Secretary
Denis McDonough, Chief of Staff
Shaun Donovan, Director of the Office of Management and Budget
Amb. Samantha Power, U.S. Permanent Representative to the United Nations (via video teleconference)
Valerie Jarrett, Assistant to the President for Intergovernmental Affairs and Public Engagement
Susan Rice, National Security Advisor
Lisa Monaco, Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism
Neil Eggleston, Counsel to the President
John Holdren, Director of the Office of Science and Technology
Ron Klain, Ebola Response Coordinator
Thomas Frieden, Director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (via video teleconference)
Katie Fallon, Director of the Office of Legislative Affairs
Jennifer Palmieri, Director of Communications
Marisa Lago, Assistant Secretary for International Markets and Development, Treasury Department
Anthony Fauci, Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease
Nancy Lindborg, Assistant Administrator, Bureau for Democracy, Conflict, and Humanitarian Assistance, U.S. Agency for International Development
Suzanne George, Chief of Staff of the National Security Council
Brian Egan, Deputy Counsel to the President
Rand Beers, Deputy Assistant to the President for Homeland Security
Jeffrey Prescott, Deputy National Security Advisor to the Vice President
Gayle Smith, Senior Director for Development and Democracy, National Security Council

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: scattergun

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

God no!!! Thinking like that is what got us here to begin with!!

We NEED folks to REALLY think about their vote. Not just vote to replace one loser with another.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
#10 Amb. Samantha Power, U.S. Permanent Representative to the United Nations (via video teleconference)

FYI: She is married to Cass Sunstein. You all know who is is, right?

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: proob4

Umm you guess wrong, huh? I read it. Not saying I believe that the 27 people referred are going to be the only ones there either.

However, I was more referring to the part about not knowing what they will really say. Whoever is in there. Or not.

Geez.

edit on 10/27/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The average American can best benefit their sanity and their own prirotization of life goals by turning off the television and not reading the newspaper.

Sticking your head in the sand....not so good when there are real issues to address. But when faced with a ceaseless drum of false crises....it is the only defense of a sane mind.

Ebola....it will kill far, far less people than US drone strikes.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
US Government Motto;

Ready. . . . Fire. . . . . Aim. . . . .

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
The average American can best benefit their sanity and their own prirotization of life goals by turning off the television and not reading the newspaper.

Sticking your head in the sand....not so good when there are real issues to address. But when faced with a ceaseless drum of false crises....it is the only defense of a sane mind.

Ebola....it will kill far, far less people than US drone strikes.

Hey now Ebola has been around since the 70s, and has killed more people than drones.

Of course disease has killed, and will kill more people than any war, or wars combined.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Which reminds me they prolly discussed how to add 'ebola' coverage to the affordable shaft act.

Second verse.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Oh, it may have killed, since 1970 (the last 44 years) more people than we have killed with drones. Perhaps I misstated: During this "outbreak" ebola will end up killing less people than US drones

Ebola is not the highly deadly disease that is reported. In Africa is kills people. Because Africa is its home. Its where it was evolved to survive. Its primary vector is in Africa. Africa has atrocious health care. And they don't tend to deal with their dead in a very sanitary manner. Africa is unlike anything in the west. Ebola will have very little effect outside of Africa. And if African nations would at least make an effort to sanitarily deal with deceased peoples, and create some kind of positive momentum in the administration of health care, Ebola would become so much less of an issue that we may never really hear about it.

It ain't rocket surgery.

Your comparison to Mencken....spot on. This is a political play. The world is ending (again).

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

BUT!

And here is a BIG one.

Africa has been dealing with ebola that entire duration.

Whereas we have been droning people for the last 14 years.

One would have to wait another 30 years before that statement can be made.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Ebola was a minor concern until this year when the number of cases skyrocketed.

Went from a few hundred over many years to now over 10,000 in a few short months.

Why all-of-a-sudden?

IMO, this is a result of failed vaccine/cure testing that isn't "published"

not up to date, but....
Outbreaks Chronology: Ebola Virus Disease

WHO: Number of Ebola-linked cases passes 10,000

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: proob4

Here are the participants and their titles, courtesy of Mark Knoller of CBS News:

The President
The Vice President (via telephone)
John Kerry, Secretary of State

And the list of political hacks and appointees goes on.

It's like a Who's who of ineptitude.

Obviously they aren't taking this seriously.
Not a single adult in the room.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Why all-of-a-sudden?

That is a good question.

I know the last administration poured millions or billions in to Africa to fight AIDS.

The current administration hasn't done that much if anything about ebola.

I guess it's all according to plan to make a problem to fleece us more than we were already being fleeced.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Ebola was a minor concern until this year when the number of cases skyrocketed.

Went from a few hundred over many years to now over 10,000 in a few short months.

Why all-of-a-sudden?

IMO, this is a result of failed vaccine/cure testing that isn't "published"

not up to date, but....
Outbreaks Chronology: Ebola Virus Disease

WHO: Number of Ebola-linked cases passes 10,000

If you were to look at a branching graph of how people travel (small villages -> towns -> cities -> national capital -> international airport -> other international airports -> other national capitals), it's got as far as international airports and other national capitals. In the past, it just got as far as African villages because it would burn itself out. The only reason it crossed the gap to international airports is because people volunteered to do medical duty over there and came back home.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join