It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Underground City of Ellora Caves - Ancient Aliens In India?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew

I guess you are American? We have hundreds of cathedrals in Europe as impressive or more impressive, built 6-800 years ago.

Yes but these buildings (caves) were not built ... but hewn out of solid rock

and are said to be over 2,000 years old or there abouts.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

notice that the rectangular opening is only large enough for a 10 year old to go in, since adult human beings cannot access it, was it designed for human beings at all?

Answer?: YES! Because in those days, child labour was key to success!

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Totally reminds me of "The Nameless City" by HP Lovecraft. Tiny tunnels that go on forever, weird snake people, you know all that creepy sheeyt a young antiquitarian can run into.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Truly amazing! Thanks for sharing this. I can never forgive the religious zealots who have tried to destroy these sites like Kailassa temple. It boggles the mind that anyone could want to ruin such a thing.
The strangest thing about these ancient sites is that generally speaking the craftsmanship and artwork are better the further back you go. It's as if man forgot or lost something important. Or maybe it was aliens, who can say? All I know is they evoke my sense of wonder and make me appreciate the efforts of man when applied on such a grand scale. Awesome stuff.

I would like to know what type of rock it's carved from.
edit on 28-10-2014 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: nrd101

Step in and see phage tell you what?

I'm always confused on why people look to this guy for answers or validation.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: nrd101

This detailed work is blowing my mind. I just don't see how this is even possible with modern technology. I would really like Phage to step in at some point and tell me because I know its impossible, If this was carved with hand tools, it would take like 500 years. That is too hard to imagine what happened. Idk maybe monks are just resourceful sons a bitches.

I guess you are American? We have hundreds of cathedrals in Europe as impressive or more impressive, built 6-800 years ago.

ie

en.wikipedia.org...

ummm huh? The impressive part is the design PLUS the fact it was carved out of the mountain in 1 solid piece.

The link provided isn't even close to what we are seeing in the OP. apples n oranges.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: jidnum
a reply to: nrd101

Step in and see phage tell you what?

I'm always confused on why people look to this guy for answers or validation.

Makes me wonder at times as well, has he got a halo? does the sun shine from his nether region? what ever it is, I wish I had some.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
clear enough to me, they are water passageways, that lead to natural cisterns underground. Amazing engineering yes! And yes, there are underground cities throughout the world, not new information. A good reason to have water go underground!

a reply to: Night Star

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Just a thought,
Are all these Ancient monuments being deliberately "Advertised" to us as modern man so to speak,
Are we as a very troubled species being guided by some unseen force to seek shelter (Redemption ?) in these Ancient places ?
What makes me speculate on this we are seeing more and more of these (garrisons) IMO being exposed/revealed to us.
Just a pondering moment.
Fox.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Well just Maybe its Made for Little People those Tunnels those Shafts !

just Maybe ...

It would be Interesting to find out where they lead too.

Those Mighty Fairy's, Pixies, Brownies, Leprechauns , Dwarfs & Gnomes

Maybe there was Many like Her.. perhaps

Jyoti Amge crowned world shortest woman at just 62cm tall
She weighs only 12lbs - just 9lbs more than she did at birth
Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
kind of off topic but I just wanted to say how much I have enjoyed this site over the past few weeks. I became a member simply to state the fact. there is way to much misinformation on the internet it makes it hard to find out any truth at all.
its a breath of fresh air to see individuals not simply putting forth theories with no evidence but discussing things and gathering information to find the real truth behind it all. keep up the good work guys your all aces!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: jidnum

originally posted by: nrd101

This detailed work is blowing my mind. I just don't see how this is even possible with modern technology. I would really like Phage to step in at some point and tell me because I know its impossible, If this was carved with hand tools, it would take like 500 years. That is too hard to imagine what happened. Idk maybe monks are just resourceful sons a bitches.

ie

en.wikipedia.org...

ummm huh? The impressive part is the design PLUS the fact it was carved out of the mountain in 1 solid piece.

The link provided isn't even close to what we are seeing in the OP. apples n oranges.

Yes it is very impressive but in point of fact, both technologically and logistically, it is actually far easier to carve in situ rather than quarry blocks and then ship for re assembly elsewhere (as favoured by the Egyptians).

And in terms of timescales, i would suggest looking at what the Roman Legions achieved. For example, Hadrian in North Africa - hundreds and hundreds of miles of aqueducts with one legion (roughly 6500 men, including auxiliary cohorts) in a relatively short time frame......and that is just one example.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I went there several years back and can testify that it's an incredible feat of multi generational stone work.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
The Temple should be datable by the statues and carvings. Are there particular known rulers carved somewhere? Is the style of carving datable to a particular time period? It is an amazing architecture!

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pink Panther
The Temple should be datable by the statues and carvings. Are there particular known rulers carved somewhere? Is the style of carving datable to a particular time period? It is an amazing architecture!

Yes, truly amazing...It makes me wonder if there is a thriving civilization underground somewhere.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Human beings built stuff in stone for thousands and thousands of years before the bronze age. This stuff proves how amazing humanity is. We may be full of fail, but we are defined by making the impossible.

-So impossible that some humans actually blame a higher being than us. I find that utterly ignorant, but I shant stop anyone from believing what they wish.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

I don't think all of these underground cities and tunnels were built by or for ET's, ancient or otherwise.

It is perfectly clear though, that whoever built them were hiding from something - either warring tribes, environmental challenges, a series of cometary or asteroidal impacts, or something else, perhaps even waves of ET's abducting people and livestock.

But they were built by Humans, for Humans IMO.

What we need to find out is why and will the 'why' happen again?

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
perhaps hiding and defending themselves from their enemies. what history we do know is rife with war. Not to mention underground facilities are a much more economical way of dealing with seasons. a reply to: MysterX

<< 1   >>

join