It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Underground City of Ellora Caves - Ancient Aliens In India?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Ok ATS, I normally don't follow or adhere to Youtube videos but I am making an exception because of certain specifics that can't be ruled out or falsified. This video discusses the Ellora caves in India.

Ellora Caves
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
UNESCO World Heritage Site
Ellora caves
Name as inscribed on the World Heritage List
Kailasha temple at ellora.JPG
Kailasanatha Temple, (Cave 16)
view from the top of the rock
Type Cultural
Criteria (i) (iii) (vi)
Reference 243
UNESCO region South Asia
Inscription history
Inscription 1983 (Unknown Session)
Ellora Caves is located in Maharashtra Ellora Caves
Location of Ellora Caves in India Maharashtra.
Ellora[pronunciation?] (Marathi: वेरूळ Vērūḷa),(Kannada: ಇಳಾ ಪುರ Elapura)is an archaeological site, 29 km (18 mi) North-West of the city of Aurangabad in the Indian state of Maharashtra built by the Rashtrakuta dynasty. It is also known as Elapura (in the Rashtrakuta literature-Kannada). Well known for its monumental caves, Ellora is a World Heritage Site.[1] Ellora represents the epitome of Indian rock-cut architecture. The 34 "caves" are actually structures excavated out of the vertical face of the Charanandri hills. Buddhist, Hindu and Jain rock-cut temples and viharas and mathas were built between the 5th century and 10th century. The 12 Buddhist (caves 1–12), 17 Hindu (caves 13–29) and 5 Jain (caves 30–34) caves, built in proximity, demonstrate the religious harmony prevalent during this period of Indian history.[2] It is a protected monument under the Archaeological Survey of India.[3]

In this Youtube video an individual, whom I assume is from India, talks about the Ellora caves and some of the mysteries surrounding them such as shafts and holes in the walls and floors which narrow to a point where humans can not fit through. Also is a rather interesting point that the author makes about the size of people who live above ground and those who live below ground; the beings who live below are much smaller compared to those above. In this light, the small holes start to make sense.

I think this is interesting.....Anyone else ever heard of these Ellora caves?

www.youtube.com...

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Embedded it for you.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Fascinating! MultiS&F !!!
This is news to me but probably not the vetrans of such researches....thanks bud.....ill be on you tube watching a few more Ellors vids......
back later....
Has anyone tried using underground tomography to see below the surface there yet....or even a few light seismic shots would reveal much not to mention Ground penetrating radar......how exciting.....

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Get a remote controlled mini helicopter, or RC car with a camera and light attached to them down there, it would be great to see where they go!

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

How Cool is this? Very!! I have heard of such cities, but not this in particular. I agree with Stirling and SkyBlueWorld in that someone needs to use something, remotely controlled or other tools to further explore the very small hard to access areas deeper down!!

Also, I have wondered why there are these places at all? Maybe from our atmosphere being too hot to breathe? Maybe from years of torrential rains? Maybe from gasses that we could not breathe? Maybe from Asteroidial bombardments over long periods of time? I mean, entire cultures with throngs of people lived in these places, and most likely not only for a couple days at a time. So something extraordinary was going on in the past, maybe more than only a few times!! Hard to say, but it is all Fascinating stuff, to Me!!!
S+F for this Thread!!

Syx
edit on 27-10-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak

How Cool is this? Very!! I have heard of such cities, but not this in particular. I agree with Stirling and SkyBlueWorld in that someone needs to use something, remotely controlled or other tools to further explore the very small hard to access areas deeper down!!

Also, I have wondered why there are these places at all? Maybe from our atmosphere being too hot to breathe? Maybe from years of torrential rains? Maybe from gasses that we could not breathe? Maybe from Asteroidial bombardments over long periods of time? I mean, entire cultures with throngs of people lived in these places, and most likely not only for a couple days at a time. So something extraordinary was going on in the past, maybe more than only a few times!! Hard to say, but it is all Fascinating stuff, to Me!!!
S+F for this Thread!!

Syx

Yes, agreed and I find this stuff very interesting as well. I'm just really intrigued for what may be hiding underground.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing, it does make you wonder why researchers haven't sent any kind of RC out to explore the passages
and how they were created in the first place? Cut out of bedrock farther than its possible to reach, and even for some one tiny by the looks of some of them. Very curious?
While looking for more info I found this vid on the Kailasa temple in Ellora. This area is outstanding, can't believe I've not heard of it before!
youtube

I think he jumps to the ancient aliens theory to readily, but I can understand the awe that sites like this an others around the world inspire to make you think it can't be humanly possible. I also tend to think the dating is all wrong with such sites and they were likely created by very ancient and sophisticated civilizations that were largely wiped out by some huge climate changing cataclysm. But that's just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Fascinating find!

I can only add a little topic from the past, touching the subject.

Ajanta Caves www.abovetopsecret.com...
A few years back i did a small topic on a near bay rock carved cave complex.

I still find it hard to believe that in the "old days"discovered a lot with a shovel
And now we have ground penetrating radar and other equipment... Not many new great finds..

edit on 27-10-2014 by EartOccupant because: Spelling

edit on 27-10-2014 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I have been to the Ellora caves and the nearby Ajanta caves twice.

The Ellora video link you provided had bits of the Ajanta caves mixed in!!

The Ajanta caves was a religious retreat for the equivalent of Buddhist

monks and carved into the rock face consisting of Temples and meditation

rooms with bunks of solid stone.

The Ellora caves were more carved out in the open and some of the openings

described I would put down as erosion. The living quarters were deep

inside probably to keep cool from the relenting sun and heat. Those parts of

India got most of their water from wells and that probably accounted for

some of the deep holes, which will have run dry after all this time. Some

of the passages that narrowed were probably never completed.

I too had tourist guides ..... they tell a good tale LOL... embellished to

keep the tourist engrossed.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

I have been to the Ellora caves and the nearby Ajanta caves twice.

The Ellora video link you provided had bits of the Ajanta caves mixed in!!

The Ajanta caves was a religious retreat for the equivalent of Buddhist

monks and carved into the rock face consisting of Temples and meditation

rooms with bunks of solid stone.

The Ellora caves were more carved out in the open and some of the openings

described I would put down as erosion. The living quarters were deep

inside probably to keep cool from the relenting sun and heat. Those parts of

India got most of their water from wells and that probably accounted for

some of the deep holes, which will have run dry after all this time. Some

of the passages that narrowed were probably never completed.

I too had tourist guides ..... they tell a good tale LOL... embellished to

keep the tourist engrossed.

Thanks for sharing! These caves are one of those regional mysteries only locals know about. This type of stuff is the reason I starting visiting ATS.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   

bookmarking for later

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Only place I can think of that is similar is the rock-cut church of Bet Giorgi, Lalibela, Ethiopia.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   
is what this guy saying true? this was basically carved into the mountain? that seems pretty epic, if so, I'm not sure why I haven't heard of this place before. I don't know, that is too much to fathom, like some other ancient sites. LOL

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
It definately looks cut from the mountain in this pic. sheesh lots of work that is. I have to agree with the guy, this would take some design planning beyond what we think ancient man is capable of.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   

This detailed work is blowing my mind. I just don't see how this is even possible with modern technology. I would really like Phage to step in at some point and tell me because I know its impossible, If this was carved with hand tools, it would take like 500 years. That is too hard to imagine what happened. Idk maybe monks are just resourceful sons a bitches.

edit on 28-10-2014 by nrd101 because: thoughts

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I think its kind of ironic that even if nagas and other mythological things made the tunnels, he still calls them aliens even though they would be from earth...

I remember watching a documentary on Cappadocia and how in ancient times the people had been invaded so many times, they decided to make secret underground hiding places to go to whenever it happened. I wonder if that was the same place he mentioned in Turkey..? It seemed like it was so effective and practical (you could just carve shelves into the walls!) that they decided to live there permanently!

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   

The detail is astounding.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Embedded it for you.

Thanks!

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
There is another similar site within around 50 miles of Ellora, it has

not survived the elements as well due to a bit of land sliding.

asi.nic.in...

The following is of interest *Here one can see examples of

'ancient conservation' a feature which needs special mention is the

very ingenious arrangement of diverting water that found its way into

the cave through cracks, long tunnel like openings were bored into

the ceilings and the water was allowed to flow fully into the cave

underneath the floor in concealed drain channels, cut to lead the

water outside near the cave entrance.*

asi.nic.in...

That can possibly explain the holes and narrow tunnels discussed earlier?

For anyone interested there are some similar caves on a small isle off the

coast of Mumbai called the *Elephanta* caves. They are said to be some

what later in construction to either Adjanta or Ellora, but has suffered

some extensive damage attributed to when it was a territory of Portugal.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: nrd101

This detailed work is blowing my mind. I just don't see how this is even possible with modern technology. I would really like Phage to step in at some point and tell me because I know its impossible, If this was carved with hand tools, it would take like 500 years. That is too hard to imagine what happened. Idk maybe monks are just resourceful sons a bitches.

I guess you are American? We have hundreds of cathedrals in Europe as impressive or more impressive, built 6-800 years ago.

ie

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join