It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you lost your faith? Why?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I have not lost faith that there is a God. I have lost faith in the religion that I grew up with. The one where the teachings of love and kindness taught by Jesus use to be the main theme. I fell in love with Jesus at 9 yrs old. I did not know people could be that good. I don't know if he was a liar or if he was not real.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I was raised catholic, had my first communion and such. I lost faith when I found out there was more than one religion, as a kid I just thought "what makes my religion real over another?" and also the lack of physical evidence and the state of our world is just to chaotic for there to be an all mighty God

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Not long ago, in a moment of spiritual distress I tried to start an ATS prayer circle thread.

Almost immediatly 404ed.

That more than anything enabled me to read the handwriting on the wall!

or to put it another way.....would a loving God have allowed that to happen?

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I haven't completely lost faith but I was a lot more religious when I was younger. I still believe there is a God, and go to church, but I think that some people take the bible too seriously, and take statements made in the bible too literally. I think that it's possible that there could be many translation errors and missing sections of the bible, and I also don't think that the entire book is meant to be taken literally.

I also think that God doesn't actually spend all day answering prayers and helping people, I think it's more like in the movie Constantine where he doesn't intervene in much of what we do in our everyday lives and sort of sits back and watches to see what we as a race do, sort of like an experiment.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Not long ago, in a moment of spiritual distress I tried to start an ATS prayer circle thread.

Almost immediatly 404ed.

That more than anything enabled me to read the handwriting on the wall!

or to put it another way.....would a loving God have allowed that to happen?

But isn't there an excuse for that? It's not god... It's satan! XD

While studying with jehovas witnesses they told me about the story where satan was an angel, and he was cast out because he questioned god! The angel that was satan said that he is more powerful than humans and that he too deserved some praise (seemed reasonable to me XD). He also said we only love him for what he gives us (as at that time it was paradise).

So... God could have just killed him but then the other angels could get to thinking too! So instead he sent him down to earth (thanks for that XD) to test us! Yeah probably not the best move oh wise one. lol

Just all sounds rediculous to me, why was god so selfish to not share some of the praise for a starters.

And so we all have to suffer until he deems it the right time to come along and make it all better... Bleh...

Non of it made any sense to me nor rang any bells of truth, but hey this is what they say! It's like the picture people put up of that ancient aliens guy... Not saying it was satan... But it was satan! XD

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Depends on what you mean by faith.

Faith in that humanity collectively is a bright logical specie. Lost that faith long ago. Some souls have reason and it is sad they are surrounded by the ones who do not.

Faith in higher ideal or the golden rule. I still try to follow the highest ideals. Do not matter if there are many around or few that do it. Will still try because it is the right things to do.

Faith in that I will ever be really comfortable as a human being surrounded by the collective humanity.
. This is Saṃsāra from my point of view. Not a higher level where the weed and harvest have been separated. Having to high expectations on all other souls to help this place become something more than Saṃsāra will only cause suffering.

Namaste
edit on 27-10-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-10-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Yes, many times. I'm in a spiritual battle with the dark side and it seems to be winning. No matter what, I've a feeling I'm going to hell because the darkness seems so much stronger than the light.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Somedays I feel totally blessed by a higher power but as I see the world inch closer and closer to absolute chaos; I begin to question the existence of a grand design, the soul and a creator.

Is the world around you the problem, or an opportunity for you to be a solution? If you do one thing, the world will flip to your view. Simply give. I don't mean money. I mean suffering work for others. If the choice is to buy a pack of cigarettes for yourself, or a diaper for you child, which suffers the most? If you smoke, will you get sick? Yes. If you work and suffer in a gum, will you live better and longer? Yes.

Reward ---------> Suffering -----------> Reward
Taking ----------> Giving ---------------> Reward

No matter how you look at that path, you cannot deny its truth. Take a reward and you suffer. Give suffering for others and you heal the world around you. No need to heal the whole world. It's simply a canvas for your paint.

edit on 27-10-2014 by AlephBet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: SoEpic

I'd encourage you to go back and read Habakkuk. He was lamenting over the same things at the hands of the Babylonians, trying to make sense of it all.

There is nothing new under the Son.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Do not listen to that voice inside your head. Everyone at some time has doubt however march on and continue to believe in the creator.... it is called faith. Thou we can not see yet believe in the unknown ... the unseen. he is real and alive.

This life is a test.... a test on how you live your life.

You do NOT get a second chance.

Either you pass or fail this test.

Soon the final exam will be handed out..... good luck and I hope you score high on the test.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spruce

Yes, many times. I'm in a spiritual battle with the dark side and it seems to be winning. No matter what, I've a feeling I'm going to hell because the darkness seems so much stronger than the light.

Who has not had those same thoughts? We all have! Your online confession to your sins show you have faith and fear the Lord our God.

Keep fighting back, there is a war going on in your mind ... good against evil just like the rest of us. Now that you know your symptoms you can fight back.

Temptation is NOT a sin... following through with the temptations is a SIN this is why we pray to God to guard us against ALL temptations because we humans are weak in the FLESH.

You have the necessary formula to fight evil - fight against your temptations and evil will flee from you and you will no longer sin.

See you in heaven!

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
To come back to later in the day.....

Intriguing topic - interesting responses.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abednego
There is a Grand Design, but our minds are too limited to understand. By concentrating and "awaking" our senses we can at least see and understand a bit of it. Is up to us to choose in which side we want to be at the end.
Is something we can do to increase our level of consciousness and by doing that choosing where to stand.

There's not much we can do to change the outcome, once the Higher power make a decision there is no stopping. No matter which religion you follow, at the end of days something going to happen.

If your mind is too limited to understand that there's what you call a "Grand Design", how can you be sure there is one/

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Yeah I was, and no now I'm not.

We are a set of circumstances.
No imaginary clan/cult overlord looking at us.

That said, I think maybe (though I doubt this at times also) we create, certainly on a physical level, and maybe on a metaphysical/energy level.

I don't think there is any ladder I need to climb to release/reward my 'soul'
I am no better than anyone else's soul, nor worse, but our brains think differently to others, therefore our actions are all different. Last I checked in any religion your brain isn't a soul.

Is there purpose? I think we say that to make ourselves feel better .
No harm in enjoying everyday, as life is a precious fluke, ask the rocks on mars or the gases on Venus

Everything is just math anyway.

edit on 27-10-2014 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Somedays I feel totally blessed by a higher power but as I see the world inch closer and closer to absolute chaos; I begin to question the existence of a grand design, the soul and a creator.

Father has saved the worst for the end as we get closer to said time. You will see things get worse. It is all of testing.

But, you can be sure, there are many in the unseen that are assisting in areas as needed. Many turn to themselves and their own mind, rather than Father. Many are doing things in secret to keep the balance. Below is just more prone to show their work than above is.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

I have embraced the idea that there is no "great purpose" to my life. Nothing that I'm "supposed" to do or attain before I die. It feels wonderful! I live each day, try to stay in the present and do my very best to be my best. Why? Because it feels right. No reward other than feeling good about what I do.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

originally posted by: Abednego
There is a Grand Design, but our minds are too limited to understand. By concentrating and "awaking" our senses we can at least see and understand a bit of it. Is up to us to choose in which side we want to be at the end.
Is something we can do to increase our level of consciousness and by doing that choosing where to stand.

There's not much we can do to change the outcome, once the Higher power make a decision there is no stopping. No matter which religion you follow, at the end of days something going to happen.

If your mind is too limited to understand that there's what you call a "Grand Design", how can you be sure there is one/

Because I'm already conscious. I have awake from the dream of life. I have spoke with HIM ( call me crazy if you want ).

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Good for you! It is my belief that we are meant to question our faith. When we do so, we open ourselves to achieve a deeper understanding, a closer relationship.

Doubt is one area that we all struggle with at times. Doubt seems to be part of faith though. Paul Tillich once said, “Doubt isn’t the opposite of faith; it is an element of faith.” I think Tillich is right. If we never have any doubts, then maybe we are not being stretched in our faith in any ways.

www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

I have embraced the idea that there is no "great purpose" to my life. Nothing that I'm "supposed" to do or attain before I die. It feels wonderful! I live each day, try to stay in the present and do my very best to be my best. Why? Because it feels right. No reward other than feeling good about what I do.

It's like stepping out of a prison into freedom and realising there were no locks in the first place .

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I haven't lost faith, but I occasionally lose hope. It's a delicate condition - to be able to hope

I hear the things people say sometimes and it's gone

But it always comes back - same as the sun

Wait it out compadre
edit on 10/28/2014 by Spiramirabilis because: Always better words

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join