It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Law Lets I.R.S. Seize Accounts on Suspicion, No Crime Required ! More B.S. from our loving IRS

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: boohoo

If I ever get to that point with my business I will likely get a off shore account in a country with less erm regulated banking. I hear Qatar good these days.....

Im 100% happy to pay my UK taxes. But I the idea of having my money frozen of confiscated at the whim of the government for suspected suspicious activity even when there is zero evidence, just because they feel like it? Well screw them.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I have been bank free since 2002.. i use other means.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ThichHeaded

I have actually noticed that it is very possible to go bank free...with the vanilla credit cards they make you dont need a debit card any more...and if you lock away cash in a good safe its probably better than the bank....and if you invest in assets like actual gold and silver you can have an alternate currency. I do bitcoin as well. Im not even sure why I have a bank I never use it.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

all right # lol...ill just resort to calling them names online then....#ers!

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThichHeaded

I would love to use other means.

But most places dont allow you to buy property or cars or anything that requires large cash inputs without it going through a bank.

And plane tickets too, in the UK at least you pay via debt or credit card.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock

all right # lol...ill just resort to calling them names online then....#ers!

HAHA wont be long before that illegal no doubt!

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Government = MAFIA.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

a reply to: ThichHeaded

I have actually noticed that it is very possible to go bank free...with the vanilla credit cards they make you dont need a debit card any more...and if you lock away cash in a good safe its probably better than the bank....and if you invest in assets like actual gold and silver you can have an alternate currency. I do bitcoin as well. Im not even sure why I have a bank I never use it.

Im looking into Bitcoins. My issue is using them automatically makes you look suspicious even if you have done nothing wrong as you still have to cash them into a bank to use them as again you cant pay your rent with them or buy groceries.
Plus the price fluctuation is terrible.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Just a crazy theory but wondering weather we in the rest are being weaned off a cash based society to digital/card/on-line society so the government can track our every financial move down to the penny(or cent in the US case)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
Government = MAFIA.

Its all ways been the case.

The overlords shake the serfs down to finance there decadent lifes and to help pay for the infrastructure to keep us down.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

I would love to use other means.

But most places dont allow you to buy property or cars or anything that requires large cash inputs without it going through a bank.

And plane tickets too, in the UK at least you pay via debt or credit card.

Apparently it is good for me so I'm fine wit not using a bank..

It is t all that hard.. just takes getting used to.. and buying a car you can drop 20g on a car and no big deal..

A house I donno... and I don't fly or plan to so... ya..

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

[
A house I donno... and I don't fly or plan to so... ya..

If you turned up to a estate agents in the UK with 150K in cash to buy a house you would end up behind bars quickly with a wallet 150K lighter

As for flying cant ever give my travelling up.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

see my bank is only for bitcoins...i make money off the influx...put it in the bank...the company i use is coinbase which is legit..you have to use your real identity. So the only money in my bank is money i play with for bitcoins...all my bitcoins purchase items online...there are quite a few shops that take them...but really i just do bitcoins to make money which i then draw out of the bank...in the future i could see me going completely bankless.

after i left america i was dumbfounded about how many countries just dont care for banks...most deal in cash...most shops in lesser developed countries dont even take a credit card...there is no need for a bank at all if you have a great secure safe at home....

but with that id still look at investing...bitcoins and precious metals are just something fun to mess around in...and ive made money from both so i cant complain.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   
What would we do without the IRS? Thrive? Prosper? Work 3 to 5 days a week and have plenty of disposable income? LISTEN PEOPLE. Until we stop putting up with this BS. it's only gonna get worse. I just read some guy having an armored vehicle show up at his house to collect 80,000. What if he didn't have the money? Is this what we can expect from the IRS as well? What's next? Debtors prison? Firing squads for those who refuse? I pity these fing bastards when the grid goes down. They'll be hunted like animals and killed with primitive weapons. There won't be a bunker deep enough to save your sorry asses. We WILL find you. And that's a promise. Justice is coming for you!

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   

see my bank is only for bitcoins...i make money off the influx...put it in the bank...the company i use is coinbase which is legit..you have to use your real identity. So the only money in my bank is money i play with for bitcoins...all my bitcoins purchase items online...there are quite a few shops that take them...but really i just do bitcoins to make money which i then draw out of the bank...in the future i could see me going completely bankless.

after i left america i was dumbfounded about how many countries just dont care for banks...most deal in cash...most shops in lesser developed countries dont even take a credit card...there is no need for a bank at all if you have a great secure safe at home....

but with that id still look at investing...bitcoins and precious metals are just something fun to mess around in...and ive made money from both so i cant complain.

Yep and if you are a U.S. citizen living overseas there are absolutely Banks who do not want to deal with you. Australia and the U.K will if not already be in the same boat soon . They are not real happy with the U. S. government and the IRS wanting reports.. Easier just to say bank someplace else.. I really don't blame them.. There are still banks and countries that while giving lip service to forced international regs and guidelines still play the game of 'our bank our business'. But they are becoming fewer and fewer.. According to the Expats I speak with.

It wasn't always like this.. Must be something to do with a global village kinda thing.. or the dreaded Dum To Dum Dumm one world order.. !

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

yes the new laws have made almost so many foreign banks despise us....luckily i just use a friends bank to keep a few grand in if i have a minor emergency...i suppose they could steal it but they are my friend...i trust them more than the irs

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
I don't know about you guys but this action by the IRS would have really pissed most of the people I know off big time !

The article form the New York Times has a few stories of legal citizens having their money taken by the IRS .. Why ? Because they deposited, on more than one occasion, less than 10,000USD... More on the war on drugs or just plain thief.. You decide..

ARNOLDS PARK, Iowa — For almost 40 years, Carole Hinders has dished out Mexican specialties at her modest cash-only restaurant. For just as long, she deposited the earnings at a small bank branch a block away — until last year, when two tax agents knocked on her door and informed her that they had seized her checking account, almost $33,000.

The Internal Revenue Service agents did not accuse Ms. Hinders of money laundering or cheating on her taxes — in fact, she has not been charged with any crime. Instead, the money was seized solely because she had deposited less than $10,000 at a time, which they viewed as an attempt to avoid triggering a required government report.

www.nytimes.com...

Kind of the time the cops were pulling over people on HI-95 and confiscating their stuff. Probable cause? Well, if they were speeding, that's the sign of a drug mule. If they were meticulously obeying the traffic laws, that's the sign of a drug mule too.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: teamcommander

It is permitted, it is NOT LEGAL...

Jaden

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   

I honestly think if this happened to me...there would be 2 less irs agents.

If you do more than 10000 you are suspicious...if you do less than 10000 you are suspicious...its the same from cops...if you are over friendly you are suspicious...if you appear to be avoiding them you are suspicious.

This is wrong...and something worth fighting for.

There was an individual who back in 2010 got fed up or pissed at the IRS in Austin, Tx. He flew a Piper Cherokee 140 in a power dive into the second floor of the IRS building in Austin.. Small plane big fire.. He died and very few remember his name or even the incident today.. His name was Stack.. His daughter called him a hero as most good daughters would when fighting the good fight against the evil IRS..

Myself I would just call him someone who sacrificed himself for nothing. Unless hardened buildings of new IRS locations is the desired effect... Maybe the IRS had already destroyed his life and well being; maybe he just wanted to end it all while taking some of the buggars with him ?

The problem with payback usually means peons get paid back while the rule makers or the ones who sent the enforces out to begin with just post new job openings..

There needs to be fundamental changes such as a flat tax or VAT tax system .... It won't happen.... what would all the hard working IRS employees do... Government; they would find something for them at probably a budget increase and pay raise.

edit on 29-10-2014 by 727Sky because: s

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Hey but on a good note the IRS can say they lost all of their records and get away with it.

Do as I say and not as I do.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join