It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marcia Strassman Dead. Starred In ‘Welcome Back, Kotter,’ ‘Honey I Shrunk The Kids’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Actress Marcia Strassman has died at the age of 66 after a long battle with breast cancer, her sister Julie Strassman confirmed. Though Marcia Strassman acted in a wide range of TV shows and feature films, she was best known for her lead roles in the TV show Welcome Back Kotter and the comedy feature Honey I Shrunk the Kids and its sequel, Honey I Blew Up the Kids. Strassman also served on the national board of the Screen Actors Guild.

“She was the funniest, smartest person I ever met,” said Julie Strassman of her sister. “And talented. She knew everything. Now I won’t be able to call her and ask her questions.”

News of Strassman’s death first emerged in online posts by long-time friend, ” Curb Your Enthusiasm director Bob Weide: “So sad that a sweet friend, kind person & wonderful actress Marcia Strassman lost her brave battle with cancer today.”

Marcia Strassman Dead.

R.I.P Marcia Strassman

For some you may not know who Marcia Strassman is because of your age but she is a great actress. Check out some of her stuff:
Marcia Strassman-IMDB

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Oh man that sucks...always really liked her work in Welcome Back Kotter. Seems like there are lots of stars dieing from cancer lately.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
i didn't even know she was still alive to being with. aside from Honey I Shrunk The Kids i have never noticed or seen her. so at a personal level, nothing much has been lost.
Still, let's hope she had a safe trip to whatever comes after.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

I only knew her from 'Honey, I shrunk the Kids' but I know my Mom has watched for a long time. She is one of those actresses that my Mom would talk fondly about as a good actress.

I know that there are those members of ATS who are older than me (27yrs old) so they might have seen more of her work, especially 'Welcome Back, Kotter'. I've heard lots of people talk about that show.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I know she was on the Welcome Back Kotter show and she did the Honey I Shrunk the Kids movies. The only other thing that I can remember her being known for was briefly dating Richard Grieco when he was in his acting phase. He's now an artist. He does paintings.

top topics

join