It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox Host Tells Supermodel To Shut Up About Gun Control – ‘You Have A Nice Bottom…Stick To That

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:
(post by oblvion removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Why even turn the idiot box on?

...if fox news had no audience, they would be irrelevant, like this story used as a filler b/c nothing else is going-on in the world...

sorry to offend.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: oblvion

There are already laws against it, making more laws against it wont change anything, that is the idiot lefties being retarded as usual. Like rules matter to rule breakers.

Pretty much.

There is no finer example of denying us the very weapons they freely give to any 'friend' in other places around the world.

(post by oblvion removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

The Huffington Post called it a “good point” and I agree wholeheartedly. Canadians were horrified at something Americans have become desensitized to. Gun violence in this country seems to just be an accepted fact of life here and that was the point she was trying to make.

Sure has the gun control crowds talking points down pat.

Using made up terms like 'gun violence'.

When anyone with a half a brain knows that guns don't get up all on their own,and go around shooting themselves.

It is just VIOLENCE.

As in people are violent.

It is gun violence if they use a gun to commit murder if it's not then what kind of violence should it be called? It's like when a person murders someone with their car it's called vehicular homicide.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

When has no intelligent argument..one resorts to name calling

Gun control is about attempting to keeps gun out psychos hands. What part about that don't you understand.

You think it is about taking guns..for me it isn't. I don't want reasonable rational people to not have guns...just make it harder for the others to get one.

Someone is leaving your house after having broken in and you are perfectly safe. Do you still shoot or do you tell them to freeze and keep them until the cops come? If they flee and you are in danger, do you open fire...if so that is murder.

If for some reason..you are ever held at gun point by a law abiding citizen for something they thought you did wrong, would you want a calm rational person holding that gun or someone who shoots first and asks questions later?

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996

When has no intelligent argument..one resorts to name calling

Gun control is about attempting to keeps gun out psychos hands. What part about that don't you understand.

You think it is about taking guns..for me it isn't. I don't want reasonable rational people to not have guns...just make it harder for the others to get one.

Someone is leaving your house after having broken in and you are perfectly safe. Do you still shoot or do you tell them to freeze and keep them until the cops come? If they flee and you are in danger, do you open fire...if so that is murder.

If for some reason..you are ever held at gun point by a law abiding citizen for something they thought you did wrong, would you want a calm rational person holding that gun or someone who shoots first and asks questions later?

Once again, it is already illegal for these people to have guns.........What was your point again?

Oh, that's right, taking guns from people that aren't a problem.

Guess what, they took the guns in china, how did that turn out?

How about north Korea?

How about Russia under stalin?

Starting to see a pattern here?

All I have to say is this.

Molan labe, paratus sum!!!! ( come and take em, I am ready!!!!!)
edit on 2014bMondayv03201410 by oblvion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: oblvion

No really elaborate!!!!!

Why do we need more laws? It is already illegal to shoot people with guns....is that not enough said?

What can the left do, make it really really illegal to shoot people with guns?

They have no brains to influence Neo, your wasting your time here bro, this is why I was gone for a few months, I needed the break from their insanity.

Of course...(sigh) gun control is about making it harder for people with mental illness and bad guys to get guns.

So please go waste some time someplace else until you have a valid debate point where trying to keep guns away from bad people and mental illness is a bad thing.

Look douche, it is already illegal in all 50 states for the mentally ill to have guns.

What was your point?

Oh i get it, you want to make really really illegal for them to have them right?

WTF difference would it make, it is already illegal.

Do you not understand English?

It would make a difference if gun checks were more thorough, about background, mental health..etc.

If the laws made it stricter for having an illegal gun on your person = automatic jail time, if they punished those who sold guns without doing thorough government issued background checks...like private sale.= automatic jail time, if crime committed with gun...automatic jail time...if murder or assault is committed by gun...automatic life sentence no parole..I mean life not 25 or fifty years..but no chance of ever being free until you die...jail time.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

It is gun violence if they use a gun to commit murder if it's not then what kind of violence should it be called? It's like when a person murders someone with their car it's called vehicular homicide.

So why does no one call the thousands of beatings by bats across this country 'bat violence' ?

or the millions of beatings by fists 'fist violence'.

Or the thousands of stabbings ' Knife violence'.

Oh wait they don't use that adjective to describe that violence.

Because it doesn't fit the false narrative of demonizing a thing, instead of the act by a person.

That is ALREADY in violation of LAWS.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Fox Host Tells Supermodel To Shut Up About Gun Control – ‘You Have A Nice Bottom…Stick To That’

Not one to be outdone by an abhorrently sexist remark made by her Fox News colleague Kimberly Guilfoyle a few days ago, Andrea Tantaros had a lot to say about a supermodel expressing her opinion on gun control.
In the wake of the tragedy of the shooting in Ottawa, Canada that killed a Canadian soldier,
supermodel Chrissy Teigen tweeted this:
active shooting in Canada, or as we call it in america, wednesday
— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) October 22, 2014

The Huffington Post called it a “good point” and I agree wholeheartedly. Canadians were horrified at something Americans have become desensitized to. Gun violence in this country seems to just be an accepted fact of life here and that was the point she was trying to make.

Fox news feigning disgust over the shooting in Canada.

She showing her disgust on how jaded America is towards gun violence. When a shooting happens in Canada and it's a huge story there ....it is not news in America..it is just another day.

Why should anyone care about a fashion model's views on anything?

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
This is your 2nd foxnews thread today.........

Do you have some sort of vendetta? No offense but....there seems to be some misplaced anger......

I happen to believe shes right.......its a little bit insensitive and too soon to start in with the "gun crime" bs while the whole thing was still in motion there.......

Not to mention it was a gun from a brave man that stopped the whole damn thing.......

Perhaps the "model" should have held her tongue long enough for the bodies to be cold before "shooting" her insensitive mouth off

edit to add, never mind I just looked at your thread history, seems you have some serious issues with "conservatives" and Fox

I'm sorry to say, but that is the excuse that people ALWAYS pull "not not, too soon, too soon! let's wait and not take focus away from the victim" and frankly that's BS, i'm not accusing you, to be clear, but the attitude of the media and many politicians. back home we have this saying, not sure of the english version, that syas "you have to hit metal when it's still hot" and that is the attitude we need. not to wait, because then the next tragedy happens and we wait again, and again, and again.
I'm all for guns, i feel if people want them, they should be able to get them. but the ease of access in america is crazy. when i was a kid i thought the whole "buy guns at wallmart" was an exagerated joke, until i went back there for vacation a few years ago...
What this story tells me, is the refusal to consider a rational approach to gun ownership/laws and it shows the bigotry of people that still think that a supermodel can't have opinions or a brain.

But the inverse is also true--that politicians disgustingly wash their blood in the hands of a tragedy to further their agenda.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

You forgot Australia, England, Japan..how about Canada..where gun control works.

Tell me how many school shootings they have..how many gun massacres have they had since Sandy hook.

Guess how many America has had...
School Shootings in America Since Sandy Hook

Since the December 2012 shooting in Newtown, CT, there have been at least 87 school shootings in America

Obviously your gun laws aren't working as they are now.

A Land Without Guns: How Japan Has Virtually Eliminated Shooting Deaths

Almost no one in Japan owns a gun. Most kinds are illegal, with onerous restrictions on buying and maintaining the few that are allowed. Even the country's infamous, mafia-like Yakuza tend to forgo guns; the few exceptions tend to become big national news stories

So yeah strict gun control does work. Now banning of guns is an entirely different thing. If your government wants to do that..maybe worry.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

a reply to: macman

It is actually the title of the story.

She never says anything about gun control just makes it clear that in the USA..a big story about guns in Canada is just another day in America.

But that's disingenuous on her part. There are shootings in Canada. This one made international news because of where it was just like there are fence-jumping trespassing episodes every day in the US but the ones at the White House made international news because of where they were.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Not to be "that guy here', but have you ever talked to a model?

Christy Turlington has a BA from NYU and is currently studying at Columbia.
Iman studied Political Science and speaks 5 languages.
Brooke Shields earned her degree at Princeton.
Tyra Banks (my favorite) attended Harvard Business School and has become a very wealthy business entrepreneur.

There are educated and uneducated... and smart and stupid... people in every profession. Making an association with models and their ability to have an intelligent discussion or opinion is EXACTLY the problem. Thank you for illustrating it.

I worked in the industry fresh out of high school until I was 21.

3 years, multiple countries and loads of STUPID models.

Don't cherry pick a few who happened upon intellect. Not the standard and sure as hell not accurate. I convinced a couple that I were a spy...im not joking...really...

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: macman

Your first post in this thread states:

She does have a nice rear end.

Body Parts discussion - sexual and superficial - check!

She should stick to things she knows.

Ignoring serious discussion - check! (How do you know what she does and doesn't know??? She obviously knows that we have a serious gun violence issue in the US and that we've become desensitized to it.)

Gun Rights doesn't appear to be one of those things.

She didn't mention gun rights AT ALL. Maybe if you'd actually READ what she said instead of dreaming about her ass, and thinking of ways to demean her and her opinion, you'd know that.

And I was responding to the entire thread, not just you. Yours is just one of the posts that beautifully illustrates the points in mine.

So you are complaining about people who sexualize the body parts of a woman who makes her LIVING sexualizing her body parts?

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

No really elaborate!!!!!

Why do we need more laws? It is already illegal to shoot people with guns....is that not enough said?

What can the left do, make it really really illegal to shoot people with guns?

They have no brains to influence Neo, your wasting your time here bro, this is why I was gone for a few months, I needed the break from their insanity.

Of course...(sigh) gun control is about making it harder for people with mental illness and bad guys to get guns.

So please go waste some time someplace else until you have a valid debate point where trying to keep guns away from bad people and mental illness is a bad thing.

Look douche, it is already illegal in all 50 states for the mentally ill to have guns.

What was your point?

Oh i get it, you want to make really really illegal for them to have them right?

WTF difference would it make, it is already illegal.

Do you not understand English?

It would make a difference if gun checks were more thorough, about background, mental health..etc.

If the laws made it stricter for having an illegal gun on your person = automatic jail time, if they punished those who sold guns without doing thorough government issued background checks...like private sale.= automatic jail time, if crime committed with gun...automatic jail time...if murder or assault is committed by gun...automatic life sentence no parole..I mean life not 25 or fifty years..but no chance of ever being free until you die...jail time.

Nothing would ever change, we have an entire generation of black children growing wanting to be "gangster" like their parents who are already serving 25 to life. They are the people your talking about, along with a list of our recent south of the rio grande "immigrants" who play the same game.

We better start building more prisons now, thank your glorious leader Obama for that one.

They not only cant but don't want to live "the American dream", they want nothing more but to be gang members "riders".

They will be the ones serving in our prisons, because they wont never act right, no matter what.

They don't want to.

The only thing that will stop them is regular folks burning them down when they get out of line.

Lets be honest here. it isn't white kids killing everyone, it is mostly blacks followed closely by Hispanics that are doing all the killing in this country. I do not know why, or what the answers are but they are the ones turning our cities into warzones.

Their entire cultures need to either, change, or be abandoned in their entirety. Once that happens things will improve over night.

Sorry to hit a nerve there but it is true. I never claimed to be politically correct, just factually so.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: buster2010

So why does no one call the thousands of beatings by bats across this country 'bat violence' ?

or the millions of beatings by fists 'fist violence'.

Or the thousands of stabbings ' Knife violence'.

Oh wait they don't use that adjective to describe that violence.

Because it doesn't fit the false narrative of demonizing a thing, instead of the act by a person.

That is ALREADY in violation of LAWS.

Why does anyone reply to you..
Probably because those are not an epidemic.

When was the last time someone walked into a school or a mall and killed several people with a bat or knife. You can maybe give one instance...now tell me since that "one" instance..has it happened over and over again.

You know Sandy Hook...87 school shooting since then in two years.

Show me where mass bat/knife attacks happen at that rate

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

Really ?

Make people prove they are worthy to own something that is a clear RIGHT spelled out in the constitution.

That is rubbish.

We are not only talking about the second amendment here.

But i guess some fail at reading at comprehension of said document.

Especially when it comes to the 9th amendment.

Amendment IX The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

www.law.cornell.edu...

The enumeration in the constitution was clearly laid out starting with the second.

Amendment II A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

It is talking about two separate but equal things there.

The militia,

The right of the people.

BEING NECESSARY to the SECURITY OF A FREE state.

Shall not be infringed.

Then move on to the other amendments about illegal searches and seizures( that is what a effing background check is)

Then move on to EVERYONE has the right to a trial in a court of LAW.

Something not a single gun owner has ever had.

Or be held to a capital offense (murder) without DUE PROCESS.

Fact is ALL gun owners have been held accountable for 'capital offenses' that someone else has done.

Finally moving on to the 9th.

The enumeration was LAID out.

Our rights in the constitution can not be interpreted to DENY or DISPARAGE those rights above.

Rights that are clearly being denied.

FOR WHAT ?

The action that has already been deemed 'illegal' by society.

So in their infinite 'wisdom' make more laws criminalizing a thing for the ACTION that is already illegal.

Then make them prove their worthiness.

Oh hell no.

Screw background checks that those shills on capitol hill can't even pass.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

OK no more replies to you since you shown yourself to be an ignorant fool.

If colored kids are the problem..then explain why mass shootings are usually done by white males?

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

You forgot Australia, England, Japan..how about Canada..where gun control works.

Tell me how many school shootings they have..how many gun massacres have they had since Sandy hook.

Guess how many America has had...
School Shootings in America Since Sandy Hook

Since the December 2012 shooting in Newtown, CT, there have been at least 87 school shootings in America

Obviously your gun laws aren't working as they are now.

A Land Without Guns: How Japan Has Virtually Eliminated Shooting Deaths

Almost no one in Japan owns a gun. Most kinds are illegal, with onerous restrictions on buying and maintaining the few that are allowed. Even the country's infamous, mafia-like Yakuza tend to forgo guns; the few exceptions tend to become big national news stories

So yeah strict gun control does work. Now banning of guns is an entirely different thing. If your government wants to do that..maybe worry.

But their violent crime is higher after gun control than before.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join