It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exit polls show overwhelming vote for pro western parliament in Ukraine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
www.cbc.ca...

The Rating Group Ukraine exit poll said the Poroshenko Bloc won 22.2 per cent of the votes and that Popular Front came second at 21.8 per cent. Another exit poll, organized by three Ukrainian research groups, saw the Poroshenko Bloc with 23 per cent of the vote and Popular Front in second place at 21.3 per cent. A recently formed pro-European party based in western Ukraine, Samopomich, was seen in third with around 14 per cent of the vote.

In an address published on the president's website, Poroshenko said the authorities had received an unprecedented show of support from the Ukrainian people.

And what does this mean for the current conflict"
Is it a mandate for further warfare against the pro Russia separatists...I think so......
How about you.....
edit on 27-10-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

I was just watching this on R.T they are calling it out with a turn out o 99.9 % and the Crimea voted ? was flashed up on screen

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
All parts of Ukraine were included in the vote, including Russian or pro russian occupied areas.

The vote not only supported the move to the west, it also supported the peaceful settlement with rebels in south and east Ukraine. Being the rebels used the last few cease fires to rearm / redeploy and then continue to fight who knows what will occur.

Russia was told once again they need to push their side to comply with the agreement they signed but I dont think that is going to happen either.

At least this vote was lawful.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

There are a few (dare I say) good things to notice about these elections.

German Tagesschau reports a voter turnout of ~52% total in western Ukraine.
Not very high, but still good - given the circumstances.
About ~2.8 to 5 million people in eastern Ukraine (not counting Crimea) did not participate in the elections though.

Also very important to notice:
As of now (9:30 CET, 25% of the votes cast in the elections have been counted) the Ukrainians voted against Oleg Ljaschko's neo-fascists (who only got 6% of the votes) and against the supporters of the toppled government of former President Janukovich.

The Bloc Poroschenka is now (for the first time) really democratically legitimised. At least in western Ukraine.
edit on 27-10-2014 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   
So with wages cut by as much as 70%, Energy running low and pensions being halfed the people of the Ukraine like it and want some more ?

No I have become use to Kiev talking nothing but BS and I hope Putin sends in the army to protect the people in the east who are being attacked by forces with western backing because NATO is looking for a roll to keep its generals in paid employment.

Flight mh17 was shoot down by a jet and they even tried to doctor the internet to say that the SU figher could not fly that high but a few people had taken screen shoots of the old flight details so thats another lie they haved been caught out on.

edit on 27-10-2014 by VirusGuard because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
What do you expect from a poll run by a pro-EU Govt.

edit on 27-10-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Welcome to the west! Be ready to be raped, get your money stolen, be lied to and be a slave till u die! What's not to love about it?

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annunak1
Welcome to the west! Be ready to be raped, get your money stolen, be lied to and be a slave till u die! What's not to love about it?

Yes but you forget that we can ask any questions we like, won't get any answers or accountability and cannot do anything even over the mass murders commited on 9/11 but you are still free to ask

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.................

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: all2human

You can also see on TV, that some of those who are questions are showing "fleeing" emotions ... which shows there is not everything as it's supposed to be. They're lying on TV ...

But, if everyone wants a war ... let the nukes fly.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuard
Yes but you forget that we can ask any questions we like, won't get any answers or accountability and cannot do anything even over the mass murders commited on 9/11 but you are still free to ask

People who have asked, disappear and are jailed ... criminalized. Like in Germany, if you have an opinion that isn't in coherence with modern doctrine, you're "criminalized". Same thing happens in a lot of countries ... anybody bother to check what's behind the Hollywood scenes?

no, I didn't think so.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: bjarneorn
People who have asked, disappear and are jailed ... criminalized. Like in Germany, if you have an opinion that isn't in coherence with modern doctrine, you're "criminalized".

Are you able to back this up, or are you just making it up?

On the OP... After the recent mayhem caused by Russian interference with Ukraine and the annexation of Crimea, it would be surprising if Ukrainians were not more inclined to want to move closer to the West.

Regards

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: all2human

52% turnout...

What can we expect from Russian government polls? 95%= turnout...

and you are really going to call the west polls into question?

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Flight mh17 was shoot down by a jet and they even tried to doctor the internet to say that the SU figher could not fly that high but a few people had taken screen shoots of the old flight details so thats another lie they haved been caught out on.

Stop spreading that lie. The manufacturer of the SU-25. said to had done its has even said it could not had maintained that height for but a few seconds literally let alone set up a missile shot. They are ground attack jets and not made for air to air engagements. The SU-25,s max ceiling is 22965.9 Ft. WHich is 7 Km according to the OFFICIAL SUKOI SITE. WIKIPEDIA IS WRONG ON THIS ONE. ALso Ukraine was not flying a upgraded one that day either. I will post the link to their official site too. To once again Disspell that LIE

SU-25 OFFICIAL STATS FROM THE MANUFACTURER

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

So with wages cut by as much as 70%, Energy running low and pensions being halfed the people of the Ukraine like it and want some more ?

No I have become use to Kiev talking nothing but BS and I hope Putin sends in the army to protect the people in the east who are being attacked by forces with western backing because NATO is looking for a roll to keep its generals in paid employment.

So why did Strelkov claim responsibilty - the as yet unanawered elephant in the room ....

(and I am not saying his troops were responsible - just asking why he thought they were)

top topics

join