It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That Off-Malibu Ocean Structure Is Giving Off Radio Signals...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThePublicEnemyNo1
I certainly don't know anything about this but Phage, is rather irritating IMHO many times...

I must admit it really stops the wild speculation when someone drops cold hard fact in there. If you like unfounded conjecture, I could see where fact would be an issue.

I despise what I "personally perceive" as disinformation. Phage seems to be a pro at...well.....nothing

Except he's generally 100% correct. Certainly was in this thread.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
For what it's worth, the following was my original working theory before I settled on this one:

Based on this post in another thread concerning this 12 meter noise, I thought that perhaps the source of this signal could have been a bank of RF plastic welders used underground in covert tunnel construction.
Click on the image for a link to the original source.

The DOT has detailed information on the use of this material in tunnel construction.

It's also plausible that this plastic welding technology could be used for other heavier plastic material that might be employed for rapid infrastructure construction where concrete may be more difficult to use. Polymers are also more resistant to the salt-water environment than most other materials. It is an ideal fabrication product to line either extant natural tunnels, or newly dug tunnels that may be used to connect various secret facilities. And, a heavier plastic could even be used to build underwater walkways, roadways, or buildings. And, because the RF weldable plastics are infused with ferromagnetic susceptors that absorb electromagnetic energy, it also provides RF shielding such as one might find in a highly classified SCIF compartment.

So, imagine a work area excavated from the rock deep beneath Emmett's ham shack, where a number of these welders are employed. Each individual unit may be tuned to slightly different RF frequencies to prevent cross-coupling between the various units. The squiggle noise signal generated by the work cooling, as demonstrated by the video in the aforementioned post, could be significantly attenuated by the workshop rock lining, where the original welder signal was of sufficient amplitude to be detected by Emmett's 12 meter rig.

While this is a much more fun theory than computer generated RFI, it fails the Occam's razor test. So, in the absence of more information, I'll have to go with the other theory I proposed.

Dex

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: urbanghost
I just run the audio through a program called code300/32. This software can decode nearly every data mode currently and previously used on hf, military and commercial.
The sound up to 30secs is just RTTY being tuned in and out of the spot frequency. Then it changes to fax idling until 1:20, which then changes into the fax signal itself until about 2:36. It then changes to FSK until 3:06.
Then it is back to fax which lasts until the talking starts at 4:15, which mentions 10m band which is 28-29.7mhz not 25mhz. Fax idling then comes back, again being tuned around the centre frequency which is why the tone is changing. When the talking starts again at about 5:25 the sounds are just incorrectly tuned sideband voice transmissions.
Around 25mhz apart from the amateur allocation the rest of the frequencies are for marine data transmissions. Looking at the google maps link that was posted there is a naval base on that coast in Ventura county. I would bet the signals are coming from there.
Regarding the disappearing signal when he goes 100meters away that's all down to how hf signals travel. I have a friend who lives in the next valley to me and we talk on the hf bands a lot. Only problem is because there is a mountain between us I can't just point my antenna toward him and talk. I have to point it in the opposite direction and the signal goes around the world and reaches him from the opposite direction. We only live about 3 miles apart. Yet when I go mobile I only have to go a few hundred meters from my house and because the mountain is in a different position I can transmit directly at him and he can hear me easily.

Good work!

I was going to download the clips but looks like you've done the leg work.
So it's a recording of someone tuning around the band ?

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: FawnyKate

Basically yes. If you have a scanner or ham radio you can replicate it easily. If the guy has been using ham radio for years then he should know what these signals are. When you tune into a data signal it starts of very low like a rumbling, then as you tune it in its gets higher in pitch, once you go past the tuning point then it gets even higher just like in the audio clip. Listening to the audio he doesn't even know that the sounds at the end are sideband voice transmissions. Either it is a con or a rookie operator who hasn't heard them before.
I know it's the 90s and people were only just starting to use pcs for data transmissions, but, they have been using other computers before that, even spectrums and c64s, so if he is a veteran ham operator then he should know what they are. Even before home computers were popular the signals were still there, from military and commercial operators.
edit on 28-10-2014 by urbanghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

The higher the frequency the more linear the travel. But I cant explain why a strong signal would disappear in such a short distance...unless you were very close to the source and directly in its path to begin with. Even if the broadcast was several degrees wide. At a distance that could be a large area but near the source it could be very small indeed.

It could be a carrier wave of some kind. You are picking up the only part that your equipment can locate. The rest of the signal may be beyond the civilian/commercial range. Its pure speculation, but it does seem to meet all the requirements so far...

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

It could be a carrier wave of some kind. You are picking up the only part that your equipment can locate. The rest of the signal may be beyond the civilian/commercial range.

That doesn't make much sense, now, does it?

Hint - what would be the maximum modulating frequency for a 25MHz carrier?

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: urbanghost
I just run the audio through a program called code300/32. This software can decode nearly every data mode currently and previously used on hf, military and commercial.
The sound up to 30secs is just RTTY being tuned in and out of the spot frequency. Then it changes to fax idling until 1:20, which then changes into the fax signal itself until about 2:36. It then changes to FSK until 3:06.
Then it is back to fax which lasts until the talking starts at 4:15, which mentions 10m band which is 28-29.7mhz not 25mhz. Fax idling then comes back, again being tuned around the centre frequency which is why the tone is changing. When the talking starts again at about 5:25 the sounds are just incorrectly tuned sideband voice transmissions.
Around 25mhz apart from the amateur allocation the rest of the frequencies are for marine data transmissions. Looking at the google maps link that was posted there is a naval base on that coast in Ventura county. I would bet the signals are coming from there.
Regarding the disappearing signal when he goes 100meters away that's all down to how hf signals travel. I have a friend who lives in the next valley to me and we talk on the hf bands a lot. Only problem is because there is a mountain between us I can't just point my antenna toward him and talk. I have to point it in the opposite direction and the signal goes around the world and reaches him from the opposite direction. We only live about 3 miles apart. Yet when I go mobile I only have to go a few hundred meters from my house and because the mountain is in a different position I can transmit directly at him and he can hear me easily.

I think you've nailed it here.

I just spent 208 minutes talking to Emmett this afternoon on the phone! What a wonderful character; absolutely rock solid intellectually. Can't discuss a lot of what we talked about but we're going to have him on the Out of the Box radio show here on ATS in the next few weeks (got to get the Teamspeak set up on his end, he's never done a radio show before, and we have a few guests scheduled before him). He was a firefighter for the LA area and retired in Malibu, has had a pilot's license (been in two plane crashes) and generally has had an incredible life; that's only a tiny slice of it though...I'm saving the good stuff for the interview.

He did say that he used to have a higher antenna but it got damaged in the wind and it needs to be 'retuned' so that's why he hasn't gotten a more recent recording. A HAM operator higher up on the hill from him with a much more expensive setup was consulted by him when this first happened, and he couldn't get anything, which of course added to the suspicion. On route 1 there, there's a sheer rock face down to the beach but above the highway, another sheer rock face, climbing high into the canyons. That right there might be the barrier.

He did think that it was possible that the communications were coming from UNDERNEATH him, rather than through the water, although he is directly onshore from the Malibu platform. Interesting that you (urbanghost) had to sometimes get a communication from your friend bounced around the whole world when he was right next door; Emmett said he could hear 'something like voices only unrecognizable' in the recording, but from your description that was off band voice so that also makes sense.

Looks like we (you?) solved the mystery?

Now if someone could just get off shore Malibu and dive down and take video of that thing...

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DexterRiley
a reply to: ForteanOrg

I have the greatest respect for my elders, almost to the point of reverence. And even more so for someone who has reached the age of 93.

Several decades ago, I had an Elmer who could sit in front of a radio and listen to morse code at 40 words per minute. He never wrote anything down. He "spoke" morse code like many of us speak our native language. He built his first automatic keyer from a sheet of aluminum, a triode vacuum tube, a relay, and a hand-full of resistors and capacitors. I have known a few old-school hams who could probably build a spark-gap transmitter and crystal radio on a remote desert island...out of rocks and coconuts. And, I suspect Emmett may be in this class of people. I don't doubt his experience or knowledge.

Having said that, PCs in the ham shack was still a relatively new concept in the early 1990's. It may never have occurred to him that the personal computer, in all of its "magical" complexity, could generate that kind of seemingly coherent interference. No doubt he discussed it with other hams who also weren't familiar with this type of RFI, otherwise it wouldn't have been such a memorable experience for him. In other words, he wasn't alone in his misdiagnosis.

Dex

I love this, and thank you! In the last year I've met two amazing men in their 90s, Harry who is almost 99 and now Emmett at 92; both of them a wealth of information dating back to the 20s in Harry's example; and Emmett was using radio back in the 1930s, said he was stationed on a small island in Hawaii during the war and 'had to make their own fresh water' as well as everything else, were working with radio sets with massive tube setups that were signaling ships during the war requiring chicken wire for Faraday cages to try to protect themselves from the power they were giving off, and much, much more. Expecting him to recognize computerized signals at the age of 80 something is asking a bit much even if his hearing is still perfect, and I'm pretty sure his neighbor with another HAM set was just as old.

These guys are walking encyclopedic history books, and all the more so fascinating because in Emmett's case, he truly believes in UFOs and lots of government covert stuff, as well as topics even farther afield. Makes it all the more fascinating given my own proclivities and like I'm on the right track. Whoot! I'm still absolutely charged after talking to him. It was like having the opportunity to talk to Tesla.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

I certainly don't know anything about this but Phage, is rather irritating IMHO many times...

I must admit it really stops the wild speculation when someone drops cold hard fact in there. If you like unfounded conjecture, I could see where fact would be an issue.

I despise what I "personally perceive" as disinformation. Phage seems to be a pro at...well.....nothing

Except he's generally 100% correct. Certainly was in this thread.

Your point being what exactly? That Phage is correct? Correct at what in this case?

Please...anyway.....by the way, you're too much!

Like I said, it was, is and still is my personal opinion of Phage. What are you...."some kind of." Go away already. I'm entitled to express my opinion about anyone on this site. I did so with Phage...and will continue to do so.

You like him...I don't. So what? He gave no scientific fact in my opinion....did you happen to miss the part about, "my opinion."

In case you missed it...it's my opinion....I don't like Phage! Ok?

Good...okay then
edit on 10/29/14 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Your point being what exactly? That Phage is correct? Correct at what in this case?

Well, let's review the one post I recall having seen in this thread ...

The 12 meter band is a high frequency band (about 25 MHz) very popular with amateur radio operators (Hams). Funny thing about high frequency radio. It doesn't not propagate through water very well at all.

You know that knowing the direction of a radio signal does not tell you how far away its source is, don't you?

Please...point out the inaccuracy here. Let's see - the salient points are:

1) The 12 meter band is a HF band at about 25 MHz that's popular with amateur radio operators. Absolutely true.

2) HF does not propagate through water very well at all. Also absolutely true.

3) Knowing the direction of a radio signal does not tell you how far away the source is. Yep.

I don't see the errors. You may personally not like him, but it's unfounded to claim he's wrong in this case.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
Heck, you could probably rent a newtsuit for a day...

The latest version of the newtsuit is Phil Nuytten's $1.3 million Exosuit...

edit on 29-10-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: UnderKingsPeak

Actually, at least one government agency was created in the last century and primarily tasked with maintaining open communication channels with some distant ET civilizations:

www.abductee.ca...
"MAJESTIC 12" - CIVILIAN ORGANIZATION OF ET CONTACT
"Some researchers believe that the document is genuine and represents the first physical evidence of a global conspiracy designed to hide contact with extra terrestrials.

"The Majority Agency for Joint Intelligence (MAJI) was created by MJ-12 to coordinate efforts to recover, study and communicate with extra terrestrial intelligence. MAJI reports directly to the MJ-12 group who in turn reports only to the US president. Members of MAJI are thought to represent an elite group of the brightest minds in science, government, business, military, and intelligence organizations within the United States.

"MAJIC is the security classification and clearance for all extra terrestrial documents and projects (MAJIC is short for Majority Agency for Joint Intelligence Control). MJ-1 is the designation for the director of MAJI and this individual is reported to be the acting director of the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA). Other members of MAJI are named MJ-2, MJ-3, MJ-4 etc.

"MAJI operates in conjunction with the NSA, CIA, FBI, DIA and the NRO. All reports of crashed UFOs and extraterrestrial contacts bypasses normal reporting procedures and are sent directly to MAJI. MAJI has allegedly recovered extra terrestrial craft and bodies. MAJI reportedly coordinated the analysis of an extra terrestrial craft and bodies discovered near Roswell, New Mexico in July 1947.

"It is alleged that MAJI has made contact with beings known as Greys and is in regular communication with them. MAJI and the Greys reportedly entered into a contract where the government was given advanced extra terrestrial technology. In exchange for this technology the Greys WERE GIVEN LAND TO BUILD BASES along with permission to abduct US citizens for research purposes."

edit on 29-10-2014 by MKMoniker because: typo

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
a reply to: Phage
If I were an Alien or foreign government trying to hide a signal, I might choose a band that does not propagate through water very well to trick all the smart people who might ignore or not search for it

But then how would you get your signal to your secret underwater UFO base?

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
If anyone is still listening, this thread has a companion thread up now with Emmett's channeled poems..

Modern Nostradamus

Druid42 initially posted these from poems Emmett sent me (posted with permission); more will be coming, I presume.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: signalfire
If anyone is still listening, this thread has a companion thread up now with Emmett's channeled poems...

Pardon? Are you saying this guy is channeling poetry from Nostradamus?

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: MKMoniker

Majestic 12 was a hoax..it didn't actually exist.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Sorry, I do NOT think Majestic 12 was/is a hoax. The head of it is said to be Henry Kissinger, also very active in Bilderberg.

www.thelivingmoon.com...
BACKGROUND AND CREATION OF MJ-12

It is the civilian half of the UFO conundrum, and is often at odds with the U.S. Navy, who is the (current) go-to military branch in charge of all things extra-terrestrial. (Personally, I think this competition is less about 'national security', and more about making secret billions in stock of defense contractors who back-engineer crashed-UFOs looking for the next night-vision or portable lasers.)

majesticdocuments.com...
MAJESTIC DOCUMENTS: DOCUMENTS WITH AUTHENTICITY RATING
This is a great site, that offers both MJ-12 docs retrieved with FOIA requests, and rigorously attempts to authenticate each one with an honest rating system.

edit on 30-10-2014 by MKMoniker because: typo

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: MKMoniker

Oh wow, Henry Kissinger you say? Claiming he is involved makes it so much more believable...

According to journalist Howard Blum the name "Majestic 12" had been prefigured in the UFO community when Bill Moore asked National Enquirer reporter Bob Pratt in 1982 to collaborate on a novel called MAJIK-12. Because of this, Blum writes, Pratt had always been inclined to think the Majestic 12 documents a hoax

Source

So basically you have the guy who first brought the Majestic 12 to the world FIRST going to a writer asking him to write a FICTION book called MAJIK-12.

I think he finished writing his book and though "I can make more money off selling this as a true story than I ever could as a fiction novel".

The proof is pretty concrete that it is a pretty made up organization.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

Hi Signalfire,

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.

were working with radio sets with massive tube setups that were signaling ships during the war requiring chicken wire for Faraday cages to try to protect themselves from the power they were giving off

That's amazing. It's hard to imagine being in such a situation, using that type of equipment. That shows how far technology has progressed. It also shows what total war was like. The military had no qualms about putting any soldier in harms way to get the job done.

I had an uncle die about 3 years ago at the age of 91. He was also in WWII, in the Navy. He had been in the European theater for less than 2 weeks when the minesweeper he was stationed on was blown out from under him by a mine. Apparently they had only missed one mine, and they found that one the hard way.

He was also a solid believer in UFOs. He said that one day the government was going to come clean on the matter. He figured he wouldn't live long enough to see it, but he hoped he would.

I have an aunt who just turned 105 in September. She's quite frail now, and her mind is somewhat cloudy. However, I had the opportunity to interview her a couple of times a few years ago when she was just 99. Of all the things we discussed, the one thing that sticks out in my mind is the lengths that they would go to make sure there was food for the Winter. And the free running water that we so take for granted now, in those days, had to be carried from the local creek one bucket at a time. When you have to put that kind of effort into survival, you conserve everything that you can, especially water.

I'm glad you had the opportunity to talk to Emmett. There were probably nuggets from that conversation that you will carry with you for the rest of your life.

Dex

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: signalfire
If anyone is still listening, this thread has a companion thread up now with Emmett's channeled poems...

Pardon? Are you saying this guy is channeling poetry from Nostradamus?

Umm, not exactly; he claims to be channeling poems (after asking god to make him a poet 40 years ago); Druid42 has started a thread with them. Many are prophetic of the 'incoming alien mother ships' and 'apocalypse soon' variety. I can't really say much about the quality thereof, one: I'm not much of a poetry lover and two: they're starting to all sound alike to me... I'm also afraid he'll find this thread and I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. Oh, he also is channeling western stories; he says they sound like Zane Gray's work. I haven't seen any of those yet.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join