It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50,000 Democratic voter registrations in Georgia mysteriously dissapear

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Did you really just offer up "everyone knows it to be true because they said it on the news" as evidence of anything? LOL

Okay, your article states:

"And the proof is in the pudding," he said. "Dozens of boards of elections around the country have cited ACORN for our quality efforts to register millions of new voters." The organization said it had registered more than 1.3 million voters in 21 states this election year alone.

Many Republican Party operatives, though, have accused ACORN of being a voter-fraud machine, with its workers turning in registration cards for Mickey Mouse, a 7-year-old girl and the starting lineup of the Dallas Cowboys. GOP presidential candidate John McCain has joined the chorus, saying in the Oct. 15 presidential debate that the group's activities threatened to "destroy the fabric of American democracy."

ACORN has acknowledged that among its approximately 13,000 workers, at least a few inevitably turn out to be dishonest and create false registration forms. But the organization's leaders said they turn in crooked canvassers to the cops and try to alert election officials to suspicious registrations -- and in most jurisdictions are required to turn in all registration forms, valid or not.

So, no proof of the accusations from Republican party operatives, just the accusation?

Sounds a lot like your method.

So, let's summarize. Your evidence for all your wild claims comes down to an old article about the Right's favorite dead-horse, ACORN, and really poor sensationalist journalism to grab a headline referencing Mickey Mouse.

The article offers NO PROOF that Mickey, Donald or even Goofy actually registered, or that such crap made it past the Board of Elections, or that ACORN didn't turn in the people who did this (as noted in the article) ... but this proves all your accusations, right here.

I say it doesn't. I say that you're making these wide-sweeping general comments about "Democrats" and accusing all of them everywhere for the actions of a few. I'm saying that you're misrepresenting just about every item you brought up, at best quoting from an article about handful of criminals who were caught, arrested and punished, and you want to try to generalize that as evidence for every accusation from in-person voter fraud, to faulty voting machines, to registering illegals to vote, to spreading Ebola, to ... anything else you can think of to throw in with the kitchen sink.

Your articles don't prove what you claim they do. Anyone can google a link. Your argument is riddled with logical fallacies.

edit on 14Tue, 28 Oct 2014 14:14:17 -050014p0220141066 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
All I have to say is who cares? I mean really if you still vote Democrat or Republican, then you're doing exactly what Corporate America wants you to do. How many times are you gonna watch these clowns throw billions on useless commercials and other advertising to just talk **** about each other? How many more times are you gonna believe them when they say they're gonna change the country for the better, but yet find a way to dig us in a deeper hole? They're like a bunch of little kids. As soon as a either party gets in office, the other party does nothing but try and halt all progress towards fixing the country. The only thing they actually agree on is passing laws or bills to benefit themselves (financially). Our politicians are beyond corrupt. I've never voted and for all who are arguing that your political party is the better one. State the last thing they did to improve this country? Crickets........

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Oh, wouldn't want to leave out your second article: (Did the same guy write both of them? They sound almost identical. Must have used the same talking points sheet.)

From your article in The Economist:

And once the forms are filled out, ACORN has to turn them in. Most states have laws requiring as much, so that partisan workers cannot bin any applications out of personal prejudice. In fact, claims ACORN, they make an effort to label the obviously fake ballots as such.

So they were following the law as required and provided evidence of the fake registrations to the Elections Board? Yeah, that's just dastardly.

Moving on.

Still, voting fraud on an election-changing scale seems unlikely, and unnecessary too, given the huge margins that Mr Obama is racking up in many states. To pull it off in the way ACORN is being accused of, a schemer would have to get many thousands of fake registrations past the officials. Then the actual ballots would have to be cast, which would require thousands of impersonators actually to turn up and vote. (Fraudulent absentee ballots, which could be mailed in, are a different proposition, and are subject to their own checks.) The evidence tends to suggest that ACORN has some bad management flaws, not that it is some kind of massive and mildly incompetent conspiracy.

So, let's see, your article states clearly that there was no likelihood of voter fraud as a result of the actions of these criminals, that these false registrations were not used to vote, that the whole process is subject to scrutiny to avoid just this kind of stupidity. (And it is stupid, don't get me wrong.) Finally, your article states clearly that there was no massive conspiracy on the part of ACORN.

Besides all that, ACORN is dead and gone. How long are y'all going to use this tired old horse as a punching bag?

Did you bother to read these articles? Or just see the headlines and shoot away?
edit on 14Tue, 28 Oct 2014 14:27:59 -050014p0220141066 by Gryphon66 because: Formatting.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Millions of uneducated untrained illegals pouring in with Obamas blessing,
competing for the same jobs that poor Americans might be offered.
You wonder why the minimum wage is so minimum?
Yea lets line up and vote for more of that!
Vote for anyone but a Democrap.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Talk about dishonest. Go back to your original spiel that I responded to. Right? So, you didn't say this then:

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
So...yeah...whatever happened in this case, this story...the dems are the ones with a track record of getting votes in ANY manner they need to. I choose to believe they are up to something...because they always are.

You're the one who was careless enough with your language to imply that ALL Democrats EVERYWHERE will do WHATEVER they need to in order to win elections.

When confronted with the facts, of course, you squirm and try to redirect blame. As you've done above.

You made and you're making here a ridiculous series of accusations which obviously allows you to feel, how was it that you phrased it "holier than thou" and yet, you provide not a scrap of anything resembling evidence. Your argument is infantile.

As is the perception that somehow magically all votes can be made to even out. If voter fraud (or election fraud) is proven, the invalid votes are removed. There is no mystical one for one vote. It's really not rocket science, not that wingnuts would listen to anything scientific, anyway.

What a blowhard. Why don't you use that Google machine you so pompously referred to and gin up some evidence that we can talk about. Because YOU'RE making the absurd claims, you're generalizing, you're implying that everyone that doesn't share your narrow world-view is dishonest, so why don't YOU back up YOUR claims???

Unless, you can't because you're just splattering whatever comes out of your mouth onto the screen. Prove it, prove anything you've stated.

Or "have the balls" to admit you're just spreading the same lies as the rest of the wingnut media machine.

Guess I struck a nerve

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Fixed Voting Machines!

The article is a good read, but the comments are even better. Why? Because as a computer programmer since 1989, I can confirm that any vote not counted correctly is more than likely an intentional software hack. The calibration excuse is complete BS and anyone saying it knows it is crap. Watch your vote...watch to assure your vote is really counted. There are "parties" that want to disenfranchise you and considering that all the evidence shows rep votes changing to dem votes...you know why.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Touchscreen Calibration Issues with Android Devices

Why Can't I Calibrate my Touchscreen Device?

Microsoft Surface Touchscreen - Problems with Touch

Diebold Touchscreen Issues

TechGlobal - Touch Technology

Resistive displays are less effective in public environments due to the degradation in image clarity and the need for periodic recalibration caused by the breakdown of the layers of resistive film, and its susceptibility to scratching.

VotersUnite - Problems with Electronic Voting - "Votes Jump to the Opponent On Touchscreen" (p. 8)

... and so on.

Problems with all levels of touchscreen devices, BUT PARTICULARLY the type used in voting machines, is well documented in the IT industry. There is no way that anyone with any expertise in the field would be unfamiliar with these facts.

Thousands of Other Articles About Miscalibrated Voting Machines

edit on 17Tue, 28 Oct 2014 17:51:54 -050014p0520141066 by Gryphon66 because: Wrong page #

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Gryphon you accused me of fabricating this stuff. I did not fabricate. I remember it all from many news sources and blogs. Perhaps the reason you want to accuse me of making it up, or suggesting that the MSM was lying is because it makes Democrats look bad. And it should. Because Democrats are doing anything and everything to stay in power. Sorry it doesn't match with your ideological worldview. Even some of my references said voter fraud was on both sides. So which one of us is more biased?

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I just heard this afternoon that a bunch of illegals got registered....

What more can I say.

patriotupdate.com...

With the North Carolina U.S. Senate race in a dead heta, state election officials say they have discovered 145 names on the voting rolls who are ineligible to vote because they are illegal immigrants who have been granted President Obama’s Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals status.

www.washingtonpost.com...

How many non-citizens participate in U.S. elections? More than 14 percent of non-citizens in both the 2008 and 2010 samples indicated that they were registered to vote. Furthermore, some of these non-citizens voted. Our best guess, based upon extrapolations from the portion of the sample with a verified vote, is that 6.4 percent of non-citizens voted in 2008 and 2.2 percent of non-citizens voted in 2010.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Of course one has to realize that most MSM is skewed toward Progressives and if I choose really right wing articles you will just say it's bogus because it's right wing.
Can't win with people who don't want to see.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

No it doesn't make Democrats look bad.

People see it for what it is, baseless nonsense.

Of course, you can't trust the "MSM" but you can trust the right-wing blogosphere echo chamber that repeats the same fallacious reports over and over again.

Democrats aren't "in power" ... the majority of American citizens who have a political preference ARE Democrats. Every poll, every measure, proves this fact, and has been proving it for years. Only those who have their heads in the bucket of Fox, et. al., believe that the fringe right-wingers "surround" the rest of us.

Democrats have been fighting for years to make sure that every American has a voice.

Republicans have been doing the opposite.

It's not a matter of "worldviews" it's a matter of fact.

To repeat the same truth over and over: there are incidences of in-person voter fraud. And of course they are "on both sides." But for the umpteenth time, and as has been proven over and over and over by REPUBLICAN investigators, the incidence is so slight, so small, so irrelevant, that it is virtually non-existent. 1 vote out of a million doesn't change anything. Voting errors cause more votes to be lost than that.

But that is the justification for all the new hoops with voter ids, changing the way elections work, times of voting, places of voting, open and clear admission on the part of multiple Republican officials that the intention of these measures is to keep certain historically Democratic groups of voters from voting.

There is no bias in facts. The facts have been shown. There is no relevant in-person voter fraud.

There is a clear and national attempt to repress the votes of American citizens.

And it is the Republican Party that is doing it.

edit on 21Tue, 28 Oct 2014 21:02:29 -050014p0920141066 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

And I heard this afternoon that the moon is made of green cheese.

We've already dealt with the article regurgitated in the Washington post. Read the actual article. The authors used survey data from Harvard and the numbers indicated that the "illegals" constituted either 1% or less than 1% of the very small measured sample. They admit that their sample size is too small to prove anything.

As to the other, well, they've been caught, haven't they? Oh wait, they didn't vote. More "registration errors." More trumped up BS intended to look like something it isn't.

EDIT: Exactly as I thought. From the linked article at PatriotsRUS or whatever ...

Nearly 10,000 names on the rolls are tagged by the DMV as “legally present,” according to elections and transportation officials. But that doesn’t mean that all 10,000 are ineligible to vote at this time. These are license holders who were not U.S. citizens when they got a license. They may have been green-card holders, foreign workers or foreign students, for example.

Most have become U.S. citizens since getting a license, according to an estimate by elections officials based on a sample of the overall list.

What a waste of time. EDIT: Boy, was I right.
edit on 21Tue, 28 Oct 2014 21:44:52 -050014p0920141066 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

The bit about dead voters voting is equally unproven. They find faulty registrants on the voter rolls and then claim that all those folks are voting.

So it has been unproven?

A single Bronx voter listed in official records as being 164 years old led Board of Elections officials to review their files — where they turned up another 849 New Yorkers who were supposedly alive when Abe Lincoln was president.
The stunning discovery came after The Post reported last week that the birth date of Luz Pabellon, a spry 73-year-old who has been living and voting in The Bronx since the 1970s, was recorded as Jan. 1, 1850.
Link

The woman in question is actually 73 but a error like that is just ripe for exploitation. The ironic part is that this is a Democrat vs Democrat issue. It may seem a minor error but it can have some serious repercussions, NYC is broken up along racial lines in some districts as I recall a big deal being made during one of Rangel's re-elections. His district after re-zoning held a larger Hispanic block than previous years. The challenger [who's name escapes me] made claims of Rangel not representing the interests of the Hispanic population. Manipulating data stored electronically may end up being a bigger problem in the future.

Insurgent Bronx Democrats who have alleged fraud at the Board of Elections said the bizarre practice of punching in bogus ages for voters from a prior century bolsters their case.
“This is crazy. It’s insane,” said William Russell Moore, who challenged Bronx Assemblyman Marcos Crespo in the Democratic primary. “The Board of Elections is very inept. How many people are they doing this to? This is the type of inattention that allows fraud to take place.”
link

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: hangedman13

Did you just try to provide proof of dead people voting by showing evidence of a person who is not dead voting?

Incorrectly entering a persons date of birth is not willful fraud...are you aware of that?

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: hangedman13

So, aside from the one lady whose birthdate was recorded inaccurately, where's the records of the dead folks voting?

I mean that is what you're trying to prove, right?

EDIT: Sorry Links, great minds and all. Guess we posted at the same time, LOL
edit on 21Tue, 28 Oct 2014 21:46:18 -050014p0920141066 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

Now I am seeing why they want ID's..they can put a face to the name now. They can now target people by race because an ID card would not lie.

And where do people get these nutball ideas? If you have an ID that shows you are a US CITIZEN and you are registered you can vote!!!!! There is NO deciding based on race. The Democrats are shamelessly pushing this garbage because they know it works and because they know people like you fall for it.
edit on 28-10-2014 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Regurgitated? My my my don't you like to use blustery flustery words and statements to make your point, which is merely an opinion.
You say it's all just baseless nonsense, and yet seeing as you are clearly partisan, you probably believe that Al Gore had a real case when he challenged Bush and threw the entire country into a downward spin of uncertainty while votes were recounted. Am I right or did you think that was also baseless nonsense?
Look, you just don't want to admit that Democrats have been routinely cheating and committing voter fraud. Whatever reason, you refuse to see what is right in front of your eyes.

Voter fraud has been in the works for years. At least 52 employees of the left wing group ACORN have been convicted of voter registration fraud. ACORN itself was convicted of the crime of "compensation," paying its registration canvassers bonuses to exceed their quotas. In 2008, 36% of ACORN's voter registrations were invalidated. Left wing political pundit Chris Matthews admitted last year that pretending to call someone from a polling company, then voting their ballot for them, has been happening in big cities since the 1950's.

Voting someone else's ballot for them is cheating the system and essentially giving yourself two votes.

townhall.com...

Incidentally, this was happening here in my little itty bitty town in an underpopulated state. I got the scoop from someone who lived at the Senior Center. It just happened to have been a non-partisan position, but the tactic was done by a Progressive.
And I guess these things never happened either:

9/26/14: Connecticut Democrat state representative arrested on 19 charges of vote fraud
Democrat State Representative Christina Ayala has been arrested on 19 charges of voting fraud, including: eight misdemeanor counts of fraudulent voting, ten felony counts of primary or enrollment violations and one felony count of tampering with or fabricating physical evidence. Her arraignment is scheduled for October 7. Bridgeport State Rep. Christina Ayala arrested on 19 voting fraud charges , NH Register, September 26, 2014

6/20/14: Dothan commissioner’s girlfriend indicted on voter fraud charges
An Alabama grand jury indicted the girlfriend of Dothan, AL commissioner Amos Newsome on 23 counts of vote fraud in the campaign to re-elect Newsome last August. The alleged vote fraud scheme includes two additional women – one charged with 20 counts of vote fraud, the other charged with 10. Dothan commissioner’s girlfriend indicted on voter fraud charges , Dothan First, June 20, 2014.

6/12/14: Judge orders new election in Weslaco City commissioner race due to vote fraud
A Texas judge invalidated a city commissioner election as a result of vote fraud. The judge carefully evaluated each of the 44 contested votes and found many of them were cast by people who deliberately and illegally voted under a “home is where the heart is” residency standard – they registered at homes belonging to the fraudulently-elected commissioner’s friends, neighbors, and relatives. Judge orders new election in Weslaco City commissioner race , KRGV, June 12, 2014.

www.rnla.org...
edit on 29-10-2014 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Democrats hold a majority in the Senate and hold the Presidency. While Republicans presently hold the House....a certain person has made it clear what he is going to do with his pen and his phone.

Yes Democrats have had a certain majority lately.
Yes they want to maintain the control that they now have. If Republicans win the Senate....maybe some changes will come down the pike.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Sorry to have too many syllables in my words, Third.

Not.

On the contrary, I've stated facts. Referenced the facts. So go blow the "everything is an opinion" crap out of your nose.

Clearly partisan? Yeah, actually it's seeming so, since every day the Republicans prove themselves to be more irrational and more dishonest. So, why not? Leftist/liberal/progressive/Democrat all the way. I don't mind standing for the party that favors science over superstition and equality over privilege.

Al Gore won the popular vote by 500,000 votes. Weren't you blathering about the will of the People somewhere?

You know as well as I do that the Republican Secretary of State and Governor of Florida did everything within their powers (speaking of abuse of power) to give GW the win. I'm not surprised at all that you think that asking for an honest count of the votes was bad if a Democrat won but good as long as the Republican slimeball got elected. So much for the validity of every vote, right? Oh, I forget, it's only Republican votes that matter, right? Yeah.

And look what 8 years of GW brought us! Aren't you proud?

So, toss the "partisan" moniker around as much as you wish. Oops, does that word have too many syllables? It just means "name."

If you and ideas like yours represent the right-wingnut side of the aisle, then count me firmly in whatever counts as the other camp.

edit on 23Tue, 28 Oct 2014 23:59:23 -050014p1120141066 by Gryphon66 because: Snarked.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Oh it's not the syllables by any means. Trust me, I have a good vocabulary.
I never blather about the will of the people. I have stated that I believe in our REPUBLICAN form of government, not the mob rule typical of a democracy, which is what people keep erroneously describing our form of government as. Still, it is true that our elected leaders often ignore the will of the people, however, there does still exist the ELECTORAL COLLEGE.
But clearly I was right that you would defend Gore's refusal to accept loss, while declaring that Republicans are engaging in nonsense when arguing voter fraud.

You see, I knew exactly where you were coming from.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join