It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disinformation Agents Need Not Apply, We Have Believers

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian
a reply to: schuyler

Hey Schuyler, I think the test is a really good idea, though I don't think too many people would want print it out a write out essay type answers. Did you ever consider making it an online test? Where results could be tallied and logged?

It's just for fun to read through, a multiple choice so it's easy to take with answers at the end, some a little more in-depth than others.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

Loved the "therapist from the Bronx" but I think you misspelled a word. It's "therapist from 'da Bronx"...

i'm still jungy from da block

as for that UFO disclosure/disinfo (little d's) campaign..

..it works the same as all that secret-society network stuff
you just get drawn into a whole new worldview & slowly your old world view is supplanted

in days gone by (before advent of TV, mass media dissemination etc)
all this was done behind closed doors (sub rosa, if you like)
these days, all these former alternative 'teachings' are broadcast across the world
and the whole world is being indoctrinated
into these same 'alternative' beliefs, worldview & cosmology..

..until one day (probably not too far away) these puppet masters will conclude
"finally, the world is ready for our big show"
and they will pull aside their smokescreen curtain

that's (roughly) what little "d" disclosure is all about...
edit on 30-10-2014 by UNIT76 because: global spiritual con-job

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   
edit: This is directed toward OP:

Psychology is not exact, it is an infantile science. Do you even know, or care about real people. Is your true intent all about prescribing mind numbing drugs and the perks for prescribing meds.

Know an autistic child? Heck, just pop some psychotropic drug (actually developed for adult use, but hey...) and poof, everyone's problems are solved once that drug kicks in. And hurrah...families of kids with disabilities can pretty much throw in the towel since government and big pharma now own your kid and they will bill each other endlessly back and forth...

Ms. OP, may you be held responsible for the lives you have destroyed with your bendover suck it up anything for money philosophy. Do you even know your clients as real people, do you have any idea how they live, do you interact with them in any meaningful way.

IMO, you help no one.
You may however, injure people. Deplete their hope, drain them of the light they used to posses by making them reliant on an artificial life support.

I work in the same field as you, the difference is that I realize each day and every human is blessed and unique.

edit on 30-10-2014 by hurdygurdy because: Direction of original thought

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: hurdygurdy
Psychology is a proven fact that you're affected by everyday. From what you purchase to what you think. As usual you're someone speaking out that knows very little about the subject. For starters you'd know the difference between psychology and psychiatric help. I don't agree with prescribing medication and have said so several times. I had the highest success rates in the state of AZ working for AzCA. I always intercepted cases for the state prior to medication therapy. I had to OK a psychiatrist visit if holistic, diet and BX changes didn't help. I was against exactly what you claimed if you had read half of the posts in this thread. I'm not even going to bother addressing the rest of your post because despite what you may think, ignorance isn't bliss...it leads individuals to make uninformed accusations and assumptions just as you did. Also as stated, I'm a him. You just like jumping to conclusions don't you? Once you know the facts and aren't opinionated to a fault, then we can sit down and have an adult conversion.
edit on 30-10-2014 by Jenisiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

What does Psychology have to do with anything you posted? You are confusing the field of Psychology with Psychiatric Evaluations. Yes, a Psychiatrist has a degree in Psychology, but I think you should be using the term Psychiatry, not Psychology.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

What does Psychology have to do with anything you posted? You are confusing the field of Psychology with Psychiatric Evaluations. Yes, a Psychiatrist has a degree in Psychology, but I think you should be using the term Psychiatry, not Psychology.

Bingo. Someone claiming to be in the field would know that...but alas, some folks here like claiming to be more knowledgeable than they are. In this exact example as well. You ask any shrink if it works...and they'll respond with an astounding yes. When's the last time you asked for a tissue paper instead of a kleenex...that's psychology. Is everywhere. You buy milk and bread...back of the store and seperated, that's psychology.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Jenisiz

Hey, when you've spent as much time as me in school you have taken a lot of filler courses

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Hey, when you've spent as much time as me in school you have taken a lot of filler courses

Yeah, it's almost like it's a given if you have a degree you take psy101 or soc101 and up. Abnormal Psychology was a blast although admittedly I had hoped that it focused more on the paranormal. I hear it's been added to the roster recently at some schools...lucky.
edit on 30-10-2014 by Jenisiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

just kidding. I hate hippies to

I hate hippie haters who dont know the difference between "too" "to" and maybe another thing or 2.

Might rename myself as the "HHH Avenger"

Simple grammer, why is it so elusive
edit on 30-10-2014 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: haha...spelling error...gee me too

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I always intercepted cases for the state prior to medication therapy. I had to OK a psychiatrist visit if holistic, diet and BX changes didn't help.

So when all else "according to your opinion or according to "conventional" opinion failed you medicated anyway.

A starting point for your deprogramming if I may make a suggestion is Thomas Szasz: "The myth of mental illness"

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

just kidding. I hate hippies to

I hate hippie haters who dont know the difference between "too" "to" and maybe another thing or 2.

Might rename myself as the "HHH Avenger"

Simple grammer, why is it so elusive

I was home schooled by hippies. The smell of patchouli oil was very distracting
edit on 30-10-2014 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-10-2014 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Only a psychiatrist can prescribe medication. Its not really anyone's decision accept for the family members and the doctors.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

I always intercepted cases for the state prior to medication therapy. I had to OK a psychiatrist visit if holistic, diet and BX changes didn't help.

So when all else "according to your opinion or according to "conventional" opinion failed you medicated anyway.

A starting point for your deprogramming if I may make a suggestion is Thomas Szasz: "The myth of mental illness"

Here's a little secret about shrinks... we usually need our own. Our opinion on disorders isn't the same as a psychiatrist's. We attempt to fix the problem, not bandage it. If I have a schizophrenic hearing voices telling him to murder his family (Had several under the age of 8), already prone to hurting the family pets. What would you do? We may not be wearing a badge or uniform or stethoscope but I can guarantee you several folks on here have been saved by us from potential murders. I've helped overt dozens of kids that were repeating the cycle they witnessed. I left after being called out to a broken mother whose husband had committed suicide exactly a year prior. Was hard because it was Xmas and I had to drop my son off at 6am at my mom's to help him. I arrived at about the same time the fire department did. Had the remaining kid in the bathroom with a kitchen knife ready to kill himself. He was about to come out when the FD started banging the door in...needless to say the kid died at my feet. We're not given enough credit because people are to prideful to admit they have problems...superman complex. It gets old being "called" out by individuals that know nothing...It's akin to someone telling an ER doctor they're horrible...or why everyone hates a dentist.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I would think that grammAr is almost as elusive as a question mark...

Proper punctuation and all.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

If you think Mental Illness doesn't exist I don't know what to say. Sometimes people actually do need medication. The issue is that most people may jump right to medication without properly resolving contributing factors like environment and diet.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Well said. One of my closest friends has been on medication for years because as soon as he comes off it he gets withdrawn, aggressive, paranoid (especially towards those he was in a relationship with) and suicidal. It usually takes an intervention from his family and friends to get him back on it, which can be a process because he usually destroys the medication he has left when he decides he is done with it.

At one point his family attempted, with the help of a psychiatrist and nutritionist to ween him off the medication, but once his dose got low enough nothing stopped the spiral. he has been institutionalized twice in his life and the second time was especially hard on me because he and I had conversations and I knew he wanted to be medication free, but I knew his history and told him he may not like the results. I ended up being the one who had to fill out the 5150 for the officers.

I am convinced if he wasn't on medication he would have killed himself, or a girlfriend, by now. The family tried hypnotherapy to see if he had repressed some memories, but nothing impacting came of the sessions other than he was the one who lit the shed on fire...
edit on 30-10-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Well said. One of my closest friends has been on medication for years because as soon as he comes off it he gets withdrawn, aggressive, paranoid (especially towards those he was in a relationship with) and suicidal. It usually takes an intervention from his family and friends to get him back on it, which can be a process because he usually destroys the medication he has left when he decides he is done with it.

At one point his family attempted, with the help of a psychiatrist and nutritionist to ween him off the medication, but once his dose got low enough nothing stopped the spiral. he has been institutionalized twice in his life and the second time was especially hard on me because he and I had conversations and I knew he wanted to be medication free, but I knew his history and told him he may not like the results. I ended up being the one who had to fill out the 5150 for the officers.

I am convinced if he wasn't on medication he would have killed himself, or a girlfriend, by now. The family tried hypnotherapy to see if he had repressed some memories, but nothing impacting came of the sessions other than he was the one who lit the shed on fire...

Truly sorry for you having to go through that. It's hard watching someone's mind slip...often times harder than losing them outright as you know they're somewhere in there. You know and hope they can be saved and despite all efforts, that hope doesn't fade. I was placed on antidepressants as a child because of several factors in my life. No shame in admitting it...tbh, at the time I didn't think I did but in retrospect, yeah...I did.

I often preach about ADD and ADHD. Incredibly over diagnosed if you ask me. What I can't stand is that several people "diagnosed" with it use it as a crutch to justify most short comings they encounter but refuse to address it. Usually in my experience diet and exercise help tremendously but most rather be medicated...pill popping nation indeed. Everything from weight loss to depression...people want a pill to fix it instead of actively troubleshooting the root of the issues. Easy way out isn't always the easy way in the long run. God...I was on 240mg of oxy for three years during cancer treatment...don't think I needed that much but when I continuously tried to go off it floored me with withdrawals. Took me a year to feel somewhat Normal again. Most don't get the life sentence you sign up for when climbing into bed with big pharma.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join