It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Longest Running Ear Wax Discussion In Internet History

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
What the heck? We needed a horribly uncomfortable ear wax thread didn't we?

I'm sure there's a longer one, but I think we can beat them.

Please relate your strangest tales of obstructions, impactments and removal success/tragedy stories.

I'm all ears.

Don't be shy. Wax poetic on any old nugget. Tips are also most welcome.

[edit on 9-12-2004 by RANT]

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
HI, my name is elevatedone and I'm a sufferer of ear wax.

My doctor has told me that I have very narrow ear canals and that while I produce the average amount of ear wax that one might expect, since the canals are as small as they are, I get blockage quite often.

The first time I had to go to the doctor because it was so bad, I could barely hear... I was so embarrassed.

I have to go about every 6-8 months to have them flushed out, it feels really good, that warm water... ahhhhh

Good remedy .... mineral oil or baby oil in the shower, a few drops in the ear and rinse out with warm water... it works.

Oh yeah... I was shocked at the size of the "wax" they got out of my ear, the first time I went... :shk::shk:

*thinking* I can't believe I'm sharing this .... :shk::shk::shk:

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
This is not an earwax story but a friend of mine had a roach crawl into his ear and had to go to the ER to have it took out

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT Tips are also most welcome.

Will you accept tips from this guy?

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
*thinking* I can't believe I'm sharing this .... :shk::shk::shk:

I know. It's just not proper subject matter for discussion is it? But since you shared (and we're not proper), I'll tell you why I'm on an ear wax high.

I swear I just lost 5 pounds. I've never had a problem before. I actually use the over the counter peroxide type solution for routine cleaning as I'm prone to ear infections, but mother of God the thing that just came out of me!

I swear it was producing gravity. It was almost a diamond. I'm positive it would have burned cleaner than coal. Never in my life...

My ear canal feels raped right now too. It did not want to leave. I looked for legs. It wasn't a tick. All ear wax baby!

Disgusting no?

EDIT: Yeah Intrepid, Q-tips... exactly.

[edit on 9-12-2004 by RANT]

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
This is not an earwax story but a friend of mine had a roach crawl into his ear and had to go to the ER to have it took out

I've seen ticks do that to dogs. It's awful. I can't imagine.

A roach? Blech.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I once pulled a bunch of black stuff out of my ear anyone know what that stuff might me?

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thug69
I once pulled a bunch of black stuff out of my ear anyone know what that stuff might me?

It depends, did you have your head up your ....well never mind

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thug69

I'm guessing wax. I was wondering about color because I always thought it was brown myself.

But it gets black in mass apparently.

This is so gross.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Q-tips are not to be used in the inner ear......

check the box...

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Oh yeah... I was shocked at the size of the "wax" they got out of my ear, the first time I went... :shk::shk:

Size? So it was like a big rock the first time? Man I'm creeped out.

Like raison? Peanut? Bigger?

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

Size? So it was like a big rock the first time? Man I'm creeped out.

Like raison? Peanut? Bigger?

it was bigger than raisins... about 2 from each ear....

and yes... the feeling afterwords, was almost better than.. se...

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   

check the box...

I know, but sometimes a bobbie pin just isn't handy.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   

This is so gross.

Indeed it is....But you started it!! Let's make it a little grosser, shall we?!

I get an ear infection every year....happens to my right ear, then my left....When I was younger I used to take a Q-tip and shove that sucker down my ear and spin it around like a friggin candy cane cone, and if it came out all waxy brown and yellow I got this big smile on my face...and ate it....lol - no...just kidding!

Anyways - The doctor gave me a bit of advice - Never stick anything bigger than your elbow up your ear.....Those are good words....

Like you said earlier RANT, this strange chemical waxy curd has gravity....and now that I don't go shoving things down my ears anymore, when I have ear wax, it lets me know by gently trickling up to the end of my ear canal....Then its just a tilt of the head, a look in amazement (like how you always look at your kleenex ater blowing your nose), then I throw it on the ground for someone to step on and say UUGHH!!

On a side note...When my father would come back from the field in his military days, he usually brought back a pair of used ear plugs that he'd throw away.....Well one time he came back without them - This time he decided he'd use waded up pieces of cardboard.....Well he fell asleep with the cardboard in his ears and it got lodged so far up that he couldn't pull them out....A trip to the doctor produced two pieces of cardboard that were about half the size of a regular piece of paper that had been crumbled up and covered with his eewy gooy ear wax....

Mmmm....What's for dinner?!

[edit on 12/9/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   

check the box...

I know, but sometimes a bobbie pin just isn't handy.

I have a cap from an ink pen.... it's curved just right and feels great inside my ear...

I once heard a comedian say .... fingering her ear was better than... well you know the rest...

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Have you guys ever tried that earwax removal method involving a tube and flame? i can't remember the name odf it for the life of me.... but what you do is put this tube in your ear canal and light the end of the tube on fire.... The heat creates a vaccuum effect inside your ear canal and sucks all the wax into the tube... heck if you have enought ear wax you might even end up with a candle!!!!

They sell this thing at a small herbal store here in town... i don't think you'll find it at Walgreens, etc.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Ooohh Yeah - I know what you're talking about - I think they're simply called "ear candles" - lol

I've used them once at the bequest of my friend's mother, who swears by them....All I got was a warm ear and a neck strain from keeping my head tilted for thiry minutes - lol....But the shear amount of God awful crap that came out! It was unbelieveable....

[edit on 12/9/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I once had an Ear ache for like Two months, I got so bad that(no didnt go to the doctor ,though i should have)I couldn't even see straight. I was always moody , always bitchy, the lightest sound made me lose my temper.

Anyway, so one day i'm cleaning my ear with a cue tip(yeah the inside) and i felt a push and a lot of pain. I couldn't believe how much it hurt!!@!@!@! so after days of ignoring it. I got fed up and started trying to pry it out, We long story short, After many different instruments, i came across one of those ball point pen refills made out of metal, I shove it in started Nudging that Nugget of pain out of my ear, It was prolly one of the most painful experiences of my life.

it was almost as long as my Pinky!! and half as thick, man after that the pain was gone. I was scared by how big it was i almost crap my pants. it looked like Tofu? i played with it for a minute ,then grew disgusted with myself and my horrid creation. So tossed it. I kinda wish i would've taken a picture of it.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
eeeehhhhhh.... man that story made me cringe!!!! You should have gone to a doctor.... You could have done some serious damage there.......

ahh here we go.... ear wax candles.

www.relfe.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
This made me gag. Blech.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join