It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama - no quarantine of ebola HC workers

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: gorsestar
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

ebola has last i saw was a 70% mortality rate with no known antivirus or cure that is effective. but still not quarantining people coming from those areas where the virus is. something is not right

Whatever the truth is, I live in the murder capital of the US.
I'm more likely to get shot on the train then encounter someone who has had contact with an infected person and failed to self-quarantine. The death toll is still at 1.
If I were you I'd move.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

not to get off topic,which i wasn't trying to the last time.
but seeing how you mentioned it i thought i would put this here seeing how it relates.

pardon the headline in the link, theirs not mine.

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – The Ellis Island Hospital Complex will be opening to the public for the first time in 60 years.
Ellis Island Hospital Complex Opening For First Time In 60 Years

and from the wiki, cause it's fast.

Twelve million immigrants were processed through the Ellis Island Immigration Center during its years of operation. Every immigrant had to go through a thirty-second health inspection upon arrival, although the inspections were often directed more at the immigrants who arrived from second or third class. Tens of thousands of immigrants, or one out of every five, received a chalk mark on their clothing, signaling a health deficiency. These immigrants were often sent on to the Ellis Island Immigrant Hospital to be detained until they recovered or were deemed too sick to enter the United States, in which case they would be sent back to their home countries. If even one family member was sick, it often meant that the entire family had to return home. However, nine out of ten patients who entered the hospital were eventually cured and allowed to enter the United States.
Ellis Island Immigrant Hospital

the U.S. didn't play around with diseases or viruses back then.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: ~Lucidity

You don't let people who may have a disease with a 70% mortality rate fly around and potentially infect the world.
What's the mortality rate in North America? You know, where we have health care and don't routinely bathe our dead?

You don't tell people that the disease has a 70% mortality rate, requires BSL4 containment, and no cure and then expect them to accept the flying around the world.
What's the mortality rate in North America again?

ebola kills 100% of black males with ebola in the us.

What i said is just as silly as what you said. The logical way to look at it may be to factor in exactly how the us has cured them. There is no zmapp left. They have been cured by blood from people that was givin zmapp. The number of infected that can be cured here by blood is very limited. That is all the more reason to use caution while waiting on more zmapp or a vaccine. I think there is about 3 people that can give blood and save someone and they could do this safley maybe 2 or 3 times a weak. We do not need to push the ounderies of the good that we have going here in the us. rail on about how it is our quality care that is curing them but the truth is that it is the zmapp that worked and we are very limited in how far we can spread the cure. From this point foward any dogooder that goes off to help should know that without zmapp or something like in their syatem then upon return a 21 day chill out period is mandatory and that should also go for any one that has traveled from ebola infected countries in the last 21 days regardless of where they flew in from. If you were in an infected country in the last 21 days then just chill out mandatorly.
edit on 27-10-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Deadeyedick,

ebola kills 100% of black males with ebola in the us.

Best statistic and most accurate statistic in the entire thread. Good job, great thinking!

edit on 12Mon, 27 Oct 2014 12:03:13 -0500pm102710pmk271 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: gorsestar

The measures in place at airports now are enough (temperature checks). This combined with passenger flight data is an effective early web to prevent symptomatic persons from infecting others. A travel restriction of any kind will be ineffectual.

Really? Then how did Duncan bring Ebola to Dallas? Or the other confirmed cases that got to other countries by airline?

Honestly man how can you actually believe what youre saying
edit on 10/27/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

The truth is that duncan was the only patient not to get some doctors blood or zmapp. He held on for days until along came the briht idea to try an expiermental untested drug from canada on him and he passed within hours of recieving the drug that kills. The reason is because as far as i have heard he did not match the blood type of any of the ones that had zmapp in their system. This should highlight the real threat here in the us. We are only capable of curing a few cases per week depending on blood type. Until zmapp is back and that will be likely next yr because it is grown in tobacco or a vaccine is made from one of the people that have recovered.
edit on 27-10-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

I know about Duncan having been the only black person in the US with Ebola to date. I think the "treatment" given other patients and not given to Duncan was a sort of warning. Don't come to the US knowing you have Ebola, as he did. Not saying it was ethical, not saying that at all, but I think what happened.

Looking at the various modes of transmission, it is prudent to quarantine people who have been exposed and know they have been exposed. Quarantine should be in as pleasant an environment as possible. But unlike Phage, I believe it is entirely necessary to prevent further spread of the disease. Historically, it has been the best and most effective of preventing the spread of deadly diseases and few diseases are as deadly as Ebola.

The flu as was argued doesn't even come close with a 1-2% death rate for those who have the flu.
How on earth people can say it is more deadly than a disease with a 70% + worldwide death rate is beyond me.
Yes, I used stats here, but to bring some sense back into a specious argument.

edit on 12Mon, 27 Oct 2014 12:34:31 -0500pm102710pmk271 by grandmakdw because: revised first paragraphs

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I agree with most of your post except the part where you say the us killed him to keep others away. That was just an unintended consequence of the blood moon sacrifice that took place. Notice that he was givin the lethel dose when the blood moon was at iits peak. All that is conspiracy and the rest of your post does highlight what needs to be done but will likely not be done until after the vote.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Vinson didn't get anything, and she seems to have beat it on her own.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

No, Vinson is black.

If she is virus free now, she is hopefully type O and can be used to treat others.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Are you sure? it was reported by some that she did recieve some doctors blood. Not from brantly but another who had been givin zmapp and matched her type. the way this stuff is reported either one of us could be right. i am just a parrot.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I hate to say it, but I really do think that Obama is actively trying to make the world fall apart.

I was on the fence before, but this is so counter to basic common sense. Yes, I understand that most of the people coming back from treating Ebola patients aren't going to get it. Yes, I understand that those who do will mostly not pass on their illness before being treated themselves. But, that doesn't change the fact that some will get ill, and some will pass on their illness. And because of that, there are disruptions to people's daily lives, sometimes, major disruptions that could cause people to lose jobs or get so far in the hole with their bills or schoolwork that major damage to their lives is done.

I guess Obama doesn't care about that.

And people could die. And worse, it could, however extremely unlikely, get a toehold in this country.

We are seeing the mentality of the man who said we could absorb any terrorist hit, even the biggest, and it will only make us stronger. So I guess his thoughts are why bother stopping it? We can take it.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
Are you sure? it was reported by some that she did recieve some doctors blood. Not from brantly but another who had been givin zmapp and matched her type. the way this stuff is reported either one of us could be right. i am just a parrot.

Maybe she did. Maybe Writebol came out of hiding and donated.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Wrong patient. Nvrmind.

edit on bu312014-10-27T14:04:29-05:0002America/ChicagoMon, 27 Oct 2014 14:04:29 -05002u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
So our health is dependant on how we stop the virus spread and how much blood these doctors can make in thier body. What would happen if they suddenly just stop giving the blood. No tobacco can be grown until the spring unless we employ the nations underground pot growers to step in and grow gmo tobacco even then it would take till spring to get any more zmapp. Our best hope is a vaccine being produced from brantly's blood. Fingers crossed that phage is right but like i said on page 1 everyone has got to make a living.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Odds are the flu will kill more people in the US this year than Ebola has killed all over the world since its discovery. While the flu may not be as efficient a killer it more than makes up for it by being so easily spread.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

I didnt ask where they should be quarantined i want to know long you they should be quarantined for and the reason you think that.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254
I have never heard of nurses saying they will quit their jobs if a flu patient walks into their er. I know a few that are in that mind set right now. Within a few months ebola death toll in africa may reach those numbers you posted from flu deaths. The more it spreads there then the more it spreads to other places. You should be able to admit that the threat ebola poses is greater than that of the flu. Hopefully it will be stopped but the comparison is still not very accurate givin all the decisions being made over the way we handle it. Now is the time to stop it and down playing it at this point opens the door for mistakes and miscalcuations. It is a real threat. We have no treatment for it except few blood donations.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Odds are the flu will kill more people in the US this year than Ebola has killed all over the world since its discovery. While the flu may not be as efficient a killer it more than makes up for it by being so easily spread.

Also, the flu that was going around last year (H1N1? I forget) killed more otherwise healthy people in this country than ebola has killed so far in this country. It's not only the very young, very old or unhealthy people who die from the flu every year. Sometimes healthy people die from complications of the flu.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv
We had a vaccine for that strain. We doged a bullet there because it was a more severe strain. We have no vaccine for ebola yet...

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join