It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"That's NOT him" says Neighbor of NYC ebola Doctor

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I haven't seen this mentioned here yet, and it doesn't seem to have a lot of views on youtube.

This is a video of a neighbor of Dr. Spencers. It looks to be shot using a cell phone while she is being bombarded by different news reporters. You can see on the microphones that it is a local news station, CNN, and some others.

She describes that she lives on the same floor as the doctor, the fifth floor. About halfways through the interview, at aprox. 1 min, a journalist holds up a photo to the lady, and says "just to be sure, is that the person you are thinking it is?" She replies "On the fifth floor, yay. No, that is not him, I'm sorry."

You can see she is obviously confused. She then asks "are you sure" to which you can hear 3 or 4 people replying "yes (it is)"

This was taken 2 days ago:

I won't speculate what exactly happened here, but will offer a few possibilities, feel free to add;

1. She doesn't really know who the doctor was and is lying. (but it seems like she did as she describes just living a few doors from him)
2. They were holding up the wrong picture (unlikely as several people confirmed the photo was him. Although, we do not see the photo)
3. He looks completely different in the photo.
4. And most reluctantly, There is something off with the story of Dr. Spencer

Enjoy!

Ghost

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

1. Why would the reporter show her a picture of him?

2. We don't know what picture he showed her.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
She's lying...(she probably doesn't even live there). Just a few minutes of fame....and she didn't know the doctor because she couldn't answer any questions about him, how he is as a person, or why he helps out in Africa.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
All white people look alike inconclusive.

I'm white. And I've confused white guys for black guys.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Hellas

I'm not sure why the reporter showed her a picture of him. Yes, we do not see the photo, but several people confirm with "yes" when she asks if he is sure.

It is possible that she is thinking of a different person than the Dr. Spencer that is in the media. Maybe another doctor lives on the same floor and she is confused? That is possible.
edit on 26-10-2014 by ghostrager because: than not then...

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Interesting find. If the guy is not who they they say he is then where is the real doctor? She looks so perplexed when she sees the picture it's astounding. Like no way, I have never seen the guy on that picture ever before.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ghostrager

I'm not sure why the reporter showed her a picture of him. Yes, we do not see the photo, but several people confirm with "yes" when she asks if he is sure.

It is possible that she is thinking of a different person then the Dr. Spencer that is in the media. Maybe another doctor lives on the same floor and she is confused? That is possible.

I don't think that she was thinking of somebody else. It's not like there are many docs in NY with ebola.
Something's fishy, especially with the reporter showing her the pic. That just makes no sense

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

1. Without running on speculation, the OP already has attempted to outline some core possibilities.

2. I'd suggest adhering to his option number 2.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
In this day and age, you can live a few doors down from someone and not know them but know of them.

How many of you really know who your own neighbors are these days?

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

If she were lying for a few minutes of fame then she would have just said "Yes of course, that's him." As any other answer would raise suspicion (like it did).

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
This thread
Ebola Patient is in NY

Page 44.

1. She doesn't really know who the doctor was and is lying. (but it seems like she did as she describes just living a few doors from him)
I think it is possible that she was lying just to have those 15 minutes..
2. They were holding up the wrong picture (unlikely as several people confirmed the photo was him. Although, we do not see the photo)
I thought this was odd as well. I thought it peculiar for a reporter to Need to have a picture to show when everyone knew who everyone was talking about.
3. He looks completely different in the photo.
I read on another thread that there were photos of him with a beard and without. A beard can really change looks. I have some relatives that grow a beard this time of year and they sure don't look like themselves (the self I am accustomed to).
4. And most reluctantly, There is something off with the story of Dr. Spencer
I have no comment.
edit on 26-10-2014 by TNMockingbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I agree, there is something off about this clip. But everything seems to add up that she knew who the doctor was.

You can see that she is being interviewed in front of the appropriate apartment building (from the link below). And she also mentions near the beginning of the video that her mom just returned from the hospital (unknown why she was in the hospital, maybe just a precaution by the cdc, or something completely unrelated).

Personally, I think the photo of the doctor looks like a different person to her, even though it is not.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

As with this entire ebola thing, I pick 4.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Doesn't it sound like 'mistaken identity'? She had him confused with someone else, apparently.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
There's something very unsettling about all of this.
It's almost like the journo's are becoming skeptical.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Your point 2...right, we don't.

Your point 1...why the hell wouldn't he? That's called fact checking. IF he showed her a factual picture of the dude then he was trying to verify that the statements she was making were about that man and not some other dude. IF he intentionally showed her a picture of someone else to see if she said it was Spencer, he was trying to see if she was a liar. But even if it is option 3 I'm not sure why one would question the practice of verifying she's talking about the correct person, right?

edit on 10-26-2014 by Valhall because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shaded27
There's something very unsettling about all of this.
It's almost like the journo's are becoming skeptical.
I agree 100% and that's why the guy flashed the pic. I made a thread about the idea that the doctors we see aren't the real doctors. They look similar, but they are not the people they're portrayed to be. Heck, if ebola was really in that apartment do you think we'd see some of NYCs finest walking out of the apartment, pulling off their gloves and masks and tossing them in a public trash container? Some of the people entering that apartment were even unprotected.

This whole thing stinks. Allowing people to cross borders when a know pandemic is underway. Allowing people to fly from affected nations without screening. Then we have medical professionals who are in those regions to treat this disease, who know the proper protocols and they're being infected and then allowed to travel back here to their daily lives. It's either idiotic ineptness or something even worse.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Yeah i posted this early yesterday in the thread about him.

As an...oddity. Only mentioning it here in case you really care and would like to read the comments there.
edit on 10/26/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I'm pretty good at reading body language, and it's clear she doesn't know much about him, and when she's saying about how "diligent" he is, she's making it up as she goes along. But she's not lying when she says that she doesn't believe that picture to be him. You can hear the difference in the tone of her voice, she doesn't have a tell when she is saying this, and her micro-expressions of ones telling the truth (in general, of course there'll be rare exceptions) when she is saying this. Perhaps she doesn't recognize him, perhaps it's not him....either way, why would the journalists feel the need to show her the picture...what are they trying to assert?

(Watch how she raises her eyebrows and looks down a lot when she's lying and how her voice goes higher and shakier. When she tells the truth, she almost frowns, her voice is clearer and lower, and she's not constantly lowering her eyes.)

Something about this feels off....
edit on 0831pmSun, 26 Oct 2014 17:59:08 -050026u083122 by stardust22 because: grammar

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: stardust22

I've studied the like for sometime and also and drew the same conclusions you did. One thing that I also noticed in the beginning is that when she was describing "how doctors know to handle these things"(or something like that), it sounded like she was repeating something that another person had told her.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join