It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Double stabbing at Canada's Wonderland leaves 1 dead, another in critical condition

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

One man is dead and another in hospital with life-threatening injuries after a double stabbing in the parking lot of Canada's Wonderland in Vaughan, Ont., early Sunday.

York Regional Police say the stabbings occurred in the Wonderland parking lot shortly after midnight, as the amusement park's Halloween Haunt event wrapped up.

One man was pronounced dead on the scene and the other was rushed to hospital with life-threatening injuries, police said. He remained in serious condition in the afternoon.

Double stabbing at Canada's Wonderland leaves 1 dead, another in critical condition

There is a lot of violence in Canada lately. Makes me wonder what the heck is going on?

I know the U.S has been seeing it's share of violence as well, there was just a school shooting the other day.

Some people will say violence just happens, others will say that they must have been on some medication and there will be those who will say it's MK Ultra stuff. Either way, what we should be taking away from this is that we need to stop hating each other and unite already. We are stronger and better when we are united together than when we are too busy fighting with each other to notice our Freedoms & Rights being taken away.

Want to make a change but don't know how? Start with yourself, change yourself.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabiduria

It's time for boots on the ground.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
yea let's invade canada

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Not that uncommon to have things happen once in a while. Stop the fear mongering or you will loose your civil liberties because of just a few rouges. It is not like it is an epidemic. Add up all the gang killings in the USA everyday and it would make all the other things seem almost non existent. I don't want anymore of a police state or to loose my liberties do you? Mention it yes. But please don't make it sound like an epidemic.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Sounds like this would fit your thread as per changes.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Just another incident.

People should stop right here before getting all feared up.

It's a stabbing in a parking lot at night. Nothing new. But if we start seeing all the normal incidents that we have being hyped...we are creating the fear ourselves.

You say it's a lot lately. Are you combining the Ottawa case while using a short time span or a year's worth of Data?

Homicide Rates are actually Decreasing:

2008 2009 2010 2011 2012
611 610 554 598 543

www.statcan.gc.ca...

Canada’s crime rate falls, as homicides hit lowest level since 1960s

www.thestar.com...

StatsCan says Crime Severity Index, which measures the volume and severity of crime based on prison sentences, was 36 per cent lower in 2013 than a decade earlier.

In 2012, Canada reported only 172 firearm-related homicides out of a total of 543 homicides, the lowest tally in more than half a decade, in comparison with the United States' 8,813 homicides, according to statistics released by the Canadian government.

Peace

edit on 26-10-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: nukedog

It's time we cut off ties with the U.S. Sorry but you guys are having a seriously bad impact on Canada. ((Yes most of it is government stuff))

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: jaynkeel

hahaha I thought of adding this video but that it would be to corny

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sabiduria

It's time we cut off ties with the U.S. Sorry but you guys are having a seriously bad impact on Canada. ((Yes most of it is government stuff))

lololol you are gonna blame the u.s. for the problems in canada. please do eloborate for the hicks on the board. i thought it was illegal for anyone with a criminal record to enter canada and that you people sell crack in vending machines.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Sad to see incidents getting hyped up now. No word about the guy who got shot in Halifax last night while being robbed? Really? What about the multitude of pedestrians run down over the past few months in Halifax too? Nothing? Oh right...no government agenda on the table to make them worth mentioning.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sabiduria

I'm not mad. Good luck with all that. From what I understand our governments are joined at the hip. Just make sure and take Bieber back if it does happen.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I have the feeling that the media itself is the cause of much violence......
I think they promote such behavior by publicizing such far more heavily than the good news......
I believe its part of the social conditioning we have been undergoing since Bernays invented advertising techniques that enter the mind surrepticiously...

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling Not only do the media over publicize, but the internet now publicizes that which was buried in the back of the newspaper a few decades ago. Media moves to the next thing as fast as the next thing happens. All media are selling themselves by selling news and good news doesn't sell.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Honestly, as a Canadian, I am not surprised. We have been lucky so far in avoiding any truly major tragedies or attacks but random acts of violence are starting to become almost commonplace. I know in my province we are having a terrible time with gang activity and majority of our murders can be attributed to that one source.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: roth1
Did I say it was uncommon? I simply noted a slight increase right now.

I would hardly call that fear mongering. It is interesting how you interpreted it that way though. (human behavior fascinates me for some odd reason). Even more interesting how you twice referred it to an "epidemic".

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Yes the "OP" is moving NORTH now to SCARE them into compliance.

It's worked on England,Austrailia, America will just have to be culled BIOLOGICALLY of course TOO many people who fight better than the numbers THEY can count on.
When in fact It's an unfortunate truth of modern life and nothing more. NO EPIDEMIC no NATIONAL threat.
Just a broken tool with a knife.
edit on 26-10-2014 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog
Crime in my town has sky rocketed the last two years. It's so bad right now that there are cops patrolling the streets at night to try and be a deterrent and there is now a security team that has been ordered to patrol my complex at night.

I live in a small town but crime is the only steady work because legit work is seasonal, summer & winter. My town is still in the recession that started from the big bank bail out crap.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
A stabbing? Oooooooooooo. You guys DO know that Toronto is larger than Chicago, right? These things happen.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Anyone have the whereabouts of ole Rob
Ford in the night in question? Would make a nice cherry on top of his recent life story.

In all seriousness Its more then likely nothing if its not obviously something. (Lol?) I mean to say that if its not obvious that its something bigger then a random street mugging then its probably just that. These line wolf people seem to like to make a big deal out of the reasons why they do what they do. Maybe to feel just?

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Invade canada
edit on 26-10-2014 by gorsestar because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join