It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Faith . . . How Do You Do It ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I believe in God, well most of the time. Since joining ATS and reading other's views on the world, religion and other topics, I've found myself actually questioning the possibility of God's existence.

I hate myself for this !

Have I sinned, because of my doubting ?

I ask you, the Christians here at ATS, how strong is your faith and how do you do it ?

As a kid, I attended Pentecostal churches, those are my beliefs....

Laying on of hands for healing, speaking in tongues, worship in dance.. etc. You know a real "holly roller".

I have not been to church in quite some time. I do miss it. I find myself continuing to pray to God. Usually at night and mostly for protection from evil, fire, etc.... I sometimes try to remember to pray for others.

I think I'm losing my faith, I need help.

How do you keep yours, what makes you able to do so ? Do you ever question God's existence ?

I'm just looking for a little help here. I know that I need to get back into church. My biggest reason for not doing so is my current living situation.

I live with my girlfriend, who was raised Catholic, she doesn't attend church now, and really doesn't believe in the Catholic's views. She's undecided, I think.

I feel that I can't go to church and claim my Christianity and continue to live with her and not be married.

I'm so confused.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
What is wrong with questioning things? Do you think that your god would really want you to believe in him/her/them/it with blind ignorance? I have no problem with individuals that choose to believe in any of the various versions of god. Only the ones that follow ideals without question. We are humans and we are curious. It is in our nature to question.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
but, I never once questioned his existence until ATS...

guess I just lived a sheltered life...

It's just hard to swallow... ya know.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
but, I never once questioned his existence until ATS...

guess I just lived a sheltered life...

It's just hard to swallow... ya know.

Well, with ATS you are exposed to many different viewpoints so it is only natural to begin thinking about them in relationship to yours. That does not mean that your viewpoint is wrong as it is specifically for you. Perhaps your viewpoint is changing. This happens to all of us in one way or another as we grow. That does not mean that you have to abandon it or not abandon it. Just reevaluate and modify. If you wish to stick with your god, there are many different types of ways to worship from many different angles.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
All God's testings have a purpose,
Someday you will see the light.
All He asks is that you trust Him,
Walk by faith and not by sight.
Do not fear when doubts beset you,
Just remember - He is near;
He will never, never leave you,
He will always, always hear.

Faithful is He who has promised,
He will never let you fall,
Daily will the strength be given
Strength for each and strength for all.
He will gladly share pain with you,
He will gladly give you peace.
Till your tired and weary body
Finds its blessed, glad release.

When the darkened veil is lifted,
Then, dear heart, you'll understand
Why it is you had to suffer,
Why you could not feel His hand
Giving strength when it was needed,
Giving power and peace within
Giving joy thru tears and trial,
Giving victory over sin.
So till then just keep on trusting,
Thru the sunshine and the rain.

link

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
"i do believe...just help me overcome my unbelief"..............."when we are faithless he will remain faithful...for he cannot disown himself".............one way to keep your faith strong is to talk to the lord about it.also spending time with the lord in his word gives you trength, sin in our lives can cloud our vision and stop our ears,,,so sometimes it takes getting your heart right with the lord then your faith gets restored..the bible says that " faith comes by hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of christ"............................i guess i would spend more time on my knees and in the word..and less time on the computer...then come back all reved up and ready to be a salt and light.....god bless.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
ninki---I have to ask. What is your native language as your sentence structure seems unusual to me.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
i would say, my native language is mommy language, and i barely have time to post but love to do so ......what is your native language? rudeness?

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
correct me if i was rong but i thought you were trying to be rude.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninki
i would say, my native language is mommy language, and i barely have time to post but love to do so ......what is your native language? rudeness?

WOO there tyger! Not my intention at all. It is just usually when see people posting with sentence structures that are not what I am use to seeing the indivudual is common to another language. No rudeness intended.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninki
what is your native language? rudeness?

Actually, rereading that it strikes me as humorous. No my native language is not rudness! I come from an island called Sarcastia so the language would be Sarcasm.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
thank you for that link Truelies...

and for those words of advice ninki...

any advise on my situation..... my live in girlfriend and my struggle of getting to church, that whole thing ?

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
jonna...it is kinda funny..lol...my sentance structure and spelling are sure to always suck..my life can be hair ball, pluss i like to talk more than my hands like to type................................here i go again with all the bad structure. T Next issue.... i would like to lend my advice to the couple, who cannot agree on a church, well do you agree on the bible? study it together, at home ...pray together that the lord leads you to the right church, if the person your with is unwilling to do this, maybee your with the rong person. if this is important to you it should as well be important to them.

top topics

join