It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anybody recommend me a laser/light Combo for my Ruger P90

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Ive looked around and only the stream light and Sun optics have catched my attention any recommendations ??
edit on 26-10-2014 by ATF1886 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
You do realize that a laser/light points back to you, too?

Three white dots

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
What sort of Rail system if any does your P90 have?

Ebay has a ton of great option's even some from china, if you go to battery junction you can get rechargeable batteries for the light / laser as well. And it has a car or wall charger!

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Not worried about that sir a reply to: intrptr

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Stock rail underside that the p90 comes with a reply to: iclimbtowers

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Intrptr had the best answer.
While you're waving that nice bright light around in the dark, the bad guy is gonna know just where you are. Get a good set of night sights

www.amazon.com...

www.opticsplanet.com...

Never mind. Just saw your reply to Intrptr.

Ok, Why do you want laser sights? What you're using it for may depend on what you should get.
edit on 26-10-2014 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ATF1886

Tactical-Red-Dot-Laser-Sight-CREE-Flash-Light-Combo-for-Pistol-Rifle-20mm-Rail

I have one of these on my rifle, it's not really any specific name brand, you can find it on ebay it take's CR123A batteries.

Also you can find them with out the pressure pad however as other's have suggested it would increase your stealth capability.
edit on 26-10-2014 by iclimbtowers because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
A laser—preferably in combination with a white light—allows the homeowner to identify a threat, acquire a sight picture (the image of the laser on the target), and stop the threat without changing one’s focus from the target back to the sights.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Three white dots

If it weren't for my laser on my lcp .380, I wouldn't be able to hit anything. The front and rear sights are too close together (its a small gun), and the trigger is a real heavy and long double action that I can't shoot very well. Without it, I can't hit anything more than 10 yards away. But, with it, I can hit as far as I can see the laser dot.
edit on 26-10-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Here is my recommendation...they are a bit spendy but Viridian makes some of the nicest weapon lasers. There is also crimson trace but tbh I totally feel the viridian stuff is better. Here's a link to their site... Viridian

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I think every shooter needs to have a laser sight at least once to get it out of their system. Then you will find that it is over rated. It adds another factor in sighting that our brains have to adjust for because bullets have trajectory and lasers don't. Now you will have to figure in the laser trajectory vs sight trajectory. Some have overcome this well and can perform well with them but to me it is just an unnecessary step especially when you put down a gun with a laser and pick up others that do not have them. I am not saying they do not have benefits.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb

Three white dots

If it weren't for my laser on my lcp .380, I wouldn't be able to hit anything. The front and rear sights are too close together (its a small gun), and the trigger is a real heavy and long double action that I can't shoot very well. Without it, I can't hit anything more than 10 yards away. But, with it, I can hit as far as I can see the laser dot.

I have 380 with crimson trace and found it to be ineffective. Put that gun in a shooting vice and see what you get. I found that my accuracy comes from me and not the gun.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb

I wouldn't be able to hit anything.

I recommend practice.

If you can't "hit anything" your idea of self defense is really a noisy version of suicide.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
You should consider a strobe. A REALLY bright one.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Intrptr had the best answer.
While you're waving that nice bright light around in the dark, the bad guy is gonna know just where you are. Get a good set of night sights

Whatever happened to "be sure of your target" as a key rule of firearms safety? There are ways of training with lights and lasers in a tactical fashion.

Night sights won't ensure that what you're shooting at is a legitimate target.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Many feel that property lines and fences are all that is needed to determine a legitimate target. If you find yourself on the wrong side of a fence then your are often considered fair game. It does not matter if you wear a badge or are just a lost teen to many that are straight shooters. The same bunch also does not believe in warnings. Laser sights can be real fun in training and target practice but on the real they can be a weakness.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ATF1886

Streamlight 69261 TLR-2 HL High Lumen Rail-Mounted Tactical Light with Red Laser

I bought this for my glock 17 and it an amazing lazer/light combo. Over 600 lumens and a very stable and reliable laser. Solid and extremely durable. I've beat the hell out of mine and it's held up extremely well. For the price it cannot be beat imo.

www.botach.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Unless I was going into structures again after people I would never ever put a laser on a handgun of mine. If this is for home protection a judge or a bond arms is unbeatable...

If you are just wanting to be cool with a laser sight on your handgun... well I have nothing for you. Just waste your money as you see fit rambo.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Lasers can come in very handy in a certain situation. I've witnessed more than one perp become extremely compliant once he saw that little red or green dot appear in the centre of his chest.

I say to each his own.

Who the hell am I to tell people what they should or shouldn't be doing to their guns?

Some of you should try the same approach.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   

a reply to: smithjustinb

I wouldn't be able to hit anything.

I recommend practice.

I recommend using the laser.

If you can't "hit anything" your idea of self defense is really a noisy version of suicide.

I shoot great with the laser. The gun comes with a laser for a reason. Ruger knew what the deal was when they designed the gun.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join