It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electronic scanners at the checkout lane

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Well, I finally got ripped off. Kept quiet because the cashier couldn't speak English. But in all fairness, I couldn't speak her language, my fault, but ... I gave up and walked out.

What's your take on these scanners. I know the store managers can rig the computer at all times of day to adjust the prices and sometimes they forget (LOL) to reset the prices. Well, anyway, here they don't have to give you the product free, just make you wait for the manager and stand stupid for 30 minutes to get back 10 cents.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Well, anyway, here they don't have to give you the product free, just make you wait for the manager and stand stupid for 30 minutes to get back 10 cents.

While your groceries melt and everyone else stares daggers at you for making them wait as well.

Because computers are watching we can't be human anymore.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Shop elsewhere.

Tell your friends about the best supermarket experience that you can source!

Start a blog ! Weirder stuff has happened !

And - name names !
That gets their attention.

Tell head office/owner et al.. Why you are embarking on a crusade re; store policies and conduct etc.

You may even get some dialogue.

"Ban the Scan - Man !! "

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Why would you quibble about a dime?

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I use the self checkouts when I shop to avoid any communication with actual humans, though I rarely do any shopping anymore and they are quite the annoyance when the machines play up.
There was one time in Sainsburys where I was buying some mini donuts and the machine actually asked me if the price was correct!
Well, after years of being ripped off I of course pressed no and told the machine that the donuts were actually 1 penny! lol
I felt that after saving myself £1.49, justice had been served and the big bad corporation that is Sainsburys had lost this battle for once.
Yay self serve checkouts!
Revenge has never tasted so sweet!
Just a shame it didn't ask me the correct amount when it was bbq season and we were buying loads of booze and burgers.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Once I got home and, realized I was given the wrong change. I put in a ten... got change from a $50.

How many times has that happened in reverse?

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Where I do my grocery shopping, even if you notice a mistake when you get home where you were overcharged, you can go back to the customer service desk and you get your money back, no questions asked. Even if its a week or more later.

new topics

top topics

join