It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Answers sought on CIA role in ‘78 JFK probe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Investigators say files could prove interference.

By Bryan Bender

WASHINGTON — It was nearly four decades ago that Eddie Lopez was hired by a congressional committee to reinvestigate the 1963 murder of President John F. Kennedy, a role that had him digging through top secret documents at the CIA.

In the end, the House Select Committee on Assassinations reported in 1978 that it believed the assassination was probably the result of a conspiracy, although it couldn’t prove that, and its conclusions are disputed by many researchers.

But now Lopez is seeking answers to a lingering question: Could still-classified records reveal, as he and some of his fellow investigators have long alleged, that the CIA interfered with the congressional investigation and placed the committee staff under surveillance?

Ed Lopez and the former investigators of the HSCA are trying to get answers about CIA malfeasance and surveillance of the staff of the committee.Now,I've been around the JFK Assassination Research community for several years and would hear about this from time to time.It's not shocking that the Agency would put this particular committee under surveillance and try to obstruct their work.I think if the former HSCA investigators make enough noise and this story gets out then the files maybe released and we will have an even better idea about the plot to kill JFK.

Answers sought on CIA role in '78 JFK probe.
edit on 043131p://4826 by mike dangerously because: Added

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   
The CIA is just one arm of the deep state and you could say that they are too big to fail .The bankers are also a part of that body along with wall street .When the system finally falls , knowing who was responsible for JFK's murder is not going to matter . I suspect that most things that matter in politics and money today will be looked at in the future as a sad sad point in mans history . He was a president that could have stood for piece but like others' a little bit ahead of his time ...peace a reply to: mike dangerously

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   
This is not meant in any way to be rude or disrespectful of anyone.

But, um, DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, but if I say any more I will be seriously derailing this thread and that's not my intention.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: mike dangerously

I remember reading somewhere they won't release the JFK files for another 20 years. That sounds like they have something to hide. It seems to me, they want to make sure who ever was involved in the cover-up is dead and gone before the damning evidence is released.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

When I was a kid they said 50 years on release of classified files . That deadline is passed. Whats the new reveal date, anybody? They never will knowingly tell the truth.

Watch "JFK, The Smoking Gun" for fresh insight into the assassination. No, really.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
jeez is that Donald Rumsfeld in that third pic.....sitting in front of the m16 guy.....naw couldn't be could it.....

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: mike dangerously

Why does the CIA still exist? We don't need a mind control organization, and we don't need our tax money to continue to fund thier mind control, on us the people, operations. Yes people we are paying the government to learn how to control us by using mind control. Their appears to be no other purpose for the CIA then to control the populace through drugs, media, propaganda, destabilization of nations, and war. Add - And assassination of anyone who stands opposed, who also has a voice, JFK & MLK.

Can't we just shut them down? We the people seem to have no say on what the Fed can do.

They think they are above the law. CIA, NSA, BLM. It's like they feel that they can create whatever above the law agencies that they want.

And president appointed supreme court justices is a failure, the people need to vote. They are for the president, they do not support the people or the constitution.

Sorry for the rant, but honestly, haven't we seen enough of the CIA to know that they are a cancer to society?
edit on 26-10-2014 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Well I have posted this information several times, but nobody seems to pay any attention to it. So here goes again.

I met IN PERSON and spoke with LBJ's Chopper pilot. He told me he had been asked by the media on many occasions to give an interview but never did. He told he of the conversations he heard between LBJ and his staffers and he said that LBJ hated the Kennedy's and that the comments he heard about them were unbelievable. I then went on to say that I thought LBJ was implicated in the assassination of JFK. He got a blank look on his face and his exact words were "I would like to stay alive so we won't talk about that anymore" Conversation ended. This was in the late 1980's.

Later I met a guy who was in the military, very high position. We got to talking about the subject, and he said "Its funny you mention that, because I have a friend by the name of Noel who was a CIA manager. He and I were having a few drinks one night standing out on my balcony and out of the blue he said " How do you think the American people would take it if they knew one President had another President Killed?"" He said occasionally Noel would come out with stuff like that and he knew not to ask any questions he also told me "Noel" was the manager of the CIA agent who "committed suicide" in his hotel room in Vegas by wrapping a lamp cord around his neck. Also late 1980's

From the "for what its worth" department.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I may be mistaken, so please accept my apologies if that is the case, but I'm sure I've read previously of a block on the release of (some of) the files concerning the assassination of John F. Kennedy lasting seventy-five years from the event - so 22nd November 2038? Has anyone else heard anything following the same vein?

Although, I must say I fear we'll never know the whole story with absolute certainty.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   
The CIA trying to protect the "family jewels." and try to justify their existence since the HSCA and the various investigations in the 70's.In the late 90's the ARRB have set the release of the rest of the files in 2017 although the president can re-classify them.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: SubSea
Well I have posted this information several times, but nobody seems to pay any attention to it. So here goes again.

I met IN PERSON and spoke with LBJ's Chopper pilot. He told me he had been asked by the media on many occasions to give an interview but never did. He told he of the conversations he heard between LBJ and his staffers and he said that LBJ hated the Kennedy's and that the comments he heard about them were unbelievable. I then went on to say that I thought LBJ was implicated in the assassination of JFK. He got a blank look on his face and his exact words were "I would like to stay alive so we won't talk about that anymore" Conversation ended. This was in the late 1980's.

Later I met a guy who was in the military, very high position. We got to talking about the subject, and he said "Its funny you mention that, because I have a friend by the name of Noel who was a CIA manager. He and I were having a few drinks one night standing out on my balcony and out of the blue he said " How do you think the American people would take it if they knew one President had another President Killed?"" He said occasionally Noel would come out with stuff like that and he knew not to ask any questions he also told me "Noel" was the manager of the CIA agent who "committed suicide" in his hotel room in Vegas by wrapping a lamp cord around his neck. Also late 1980's

From the "for what its worth" department.

Interesting,Subsea seems that these low-to-mid level people around the government knew something but,it were frightened by the various deaths that have happened to witnesses.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   
You know its always really bothered me the number of people that have experienced deaths around the ivnvestigation/and or assassination. The list is just amazingly long so I dont blame that chopper pilot for refusing to talk about some of his inside knowledge.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I don't know if JFK was bumped off or not but i do know that the laws of physics were not changed on 9/11 by Bin-Laden and his merry men and if that won't come to court in the USA then the killing of a president sure as hell won't stand a chance.

Learn all you need to know about important events in our history by NOT listening to the discovery channel on the TV or keep taking the cool aid and thinking that you know it all.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: aussiefly

Ah yes, the convenient suicides, accidental deaths and those attributed to natural causes.

Anybody with an interest should start their research in the "witness deaths" section on the relevant Wikipedia page and then go from there.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Cars going off the road, heaters exploding, mysterious bullet wounds...even being shot and killed by a hunter who mistook one individual in question for a deer!

The whole thing has stank for years, and will continue to do so for many more.

top topics

join