It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola can live for 3 weeks on plastic or glass

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: Phage

so you are denying that duncan spread the virus to two nurses?
No. In fact I stated that fact 2 posts ago.

I am denying that there is a high risk of infection except to those who have very intensive contact with patients.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

say what you mean and mean what you say.
you claimed that ebola has not been spread in the us. that is what i said was false and then you said it is not false now ou say it has spread but been contained and now i say i agree that it looks that any damage duncan done has been contained. that is the word games i wanted to avoid but you were too busy trying to be right to see what i was saying.

you assume that i want to spread fear and that is false i am not afraid of anything except GOD. If i spread anything here let it be hope that no one else dies in the us from this and it gets contained in all those other countries that you claim it has not spread too. I hope it gets stopped but the signs point to stupid actions are keeping it going and those that seem to be making stupid mistakes are mostly people that have been trained to deal with this kinda stuff so it points to the fact that something is over ruling their decision making process and i say it is spiritual powers but that is opinion on the very last part.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

you claimed that ebola has not been spread in the us. that is what i said was false and then you said it is not false now ou say it has spread
It has not spread. Two nurses became infected by very close contact to Duncan. No one else has gotten sick. It has not spread.

you assume that i want to spread fear and that is false i am not afraid of anything except GOD.
No. I don't assume you want to spread fear but it is clear that your thinking is based on fear and speculation rather than facts.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Mister Twister do you believe that ebloa can live on for 3 weeks on plastic or glass?

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

gimmie a break phage! If these nurses contracted Ebola from Duncan, then that means that the virus spread! Weather it be one person or a hundred that contracted the virus from Duncan, it still means that it spread. From one to another is actually called spreading if you really want to get technical. Just admit you were wrong for once, the sun will still rise tomorrow! I promise!

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: deadeyedick

sure we could just talk about us facts and say that in the us ebola has a kill rate of 100% of black males infected but that would be looking at the numbers falsely.
Is it looking at numbers falsely to note that no one who came into contact with Duncan (other than the nurses) seem to have become infected? How many people were on the plane with him? Any of them sick?

The virus is spreading out of control rapidly in other countries and the only country to stop it has closed their borders.
The epidemic is growing in the region because of the low level of health care and the cultural practices of the region.

The US has not closed its borders and there is no indication that the virus is spreading here. Spain has not closed its borders and there is no indication that the virus is spreading there. The EU has not closed its borders and there is no indication that the virus is spreading there.

According to the World Health Organization:

www.who.int...

“Recent studies conducted in West Africa have demonstrated that 95% of confirmed cases have an incubation period in the range of 1 to 21 days; 98% have an incubation period that falls within the 1 to 42 day interval.”

We will have a definitive answer in a few weeks.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

a reply to: Violater1

This does NOT give me a warm fuzzy feeling when sitting next to the window of a plane, train, taxi, or bus.
Do you have a habit of licking windows?

You don't know Sarah Windows?

Back to the subject. A fomite, from say a sneeze or bugger, dries on the glass. It then can slough off and be inhaled.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

You ignore the 95% figure. Why? There were 43 people being monitored. 5% of 43 is 2. Two people did not get sick in 21 days. No one got sick in 21 days.

2% of 43 people is less than one person. So after 42 days, less than one person might start showing symptoms.

But hey, what about those 2 percent who go longer than 42 days? I guess by your standards, we can never ever be declared ebola free. Better get in that air filtered bunker. Right now! Because I have news for you, there are no guarantees on anything, but there is such a thing as taking a rational approach to the risks of the world.

edit on 10/26/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

You ignore the 95% figure. Why? There were 43 people being monitored. 5% of 43 is 2. Two people did not get sick in 21 days. No one got sick in 21 days.

2% of 43 people is less than one person. So after 42 days, less than one person might start showing symptoms.

But hey, what about those 2 percent who go longer than 42 days? I guess by your standards, we can never ever be declared ebola free. Better get in that air filtered bunker. Right now!

A better question comrade, is, why are you ignoring the 98%?
Additionally, can you please provide a source for your 2% that go longer than 42 days?
edit on V152014Sundaypm31America/ChicagoSun, 26 Oct 2014 16:15:38 -05001 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

A better question comrade, is, why are you ignoring the 98%?

I'm not. You just seem to be bad at simple math.

Additionally, can you please provide a source for your 2% that go longer than 42 days?
Your source. If 98% show symptoms in 1-42 days it means that 2% take longer than that to show symptoms.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Comrade, you say it goes longer than 42 days.
The W.H.O. article states, " Recent studies conducted in West Africa have demonstrated that 95% of confirmed cases have an incubation period in the range of 1 to 21 days; 98% have an incubation period that falls within the 1 to 42 day interval. WHO is therefore confident that detection of no new cases, with active surveillance in place, throughout this 42-day period means that an Ebola outbreak is indeed over. "
No where does it say LONGER than 42 days. That is what I am referring to, not the elementary math.

edit on V142014Sundaypm31America/ChicagoSun, 26 Oct 2014 16:14:33 -05001 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

The 72 day figure has been thrown around a few times and has been said to live in sperm for 72 days. I have no idea where the numbers come from but many talking heads have recited this.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
the flu is more deadly and preventable. quit fear mongering Ebola. there is no vaccine for ebola. what ever you do go run off of a cliff though cause that's just as smart as worrying about Ebola. this media driven world where info is in the palm of your hand makes everyone an expert.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

No where does it say LONGER than 42 days. That is what I am referring to, not the elementary math.
Yes, It is. It's call subtraction.

98% of confirmed cases had an incubation period of 1 to 42 days.

100% - 98% = 2%.

What was the incubation period of that 2%? Was it less than 42 days? No, that's the 98%. Was it more than 42 days? No? Then how long was it?

edit on 10/26/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join