It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nurse Under Ebola Quarantine Criticizes Her Treatment

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Anyone could be a terrorist. There are whites who have converted to Islam and become fundamentalists. Sure, it may be a small percentage, but even a small percentage can do a lot of damage. The white fundamentalist might put a bomb on his kid or his grannie. It could happen. Should we take a chance?

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

She's right. It makes little sense to quarantine those with no symptoms.

quar·an·tine
ˈkwôrənˌtēn/Submit
noun
a state, period, or place of isolation in which people or animals that have arrived from elsewhere or been exposed to infectious or contagious disease are placed.

Do you not understand what a quarantine is or is for? They don't have to be showing symptoms. They have to be segregated from the general population until cleared.

The doctor currently ill in NYC was showing no symptoms. Until he was.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
I just find it ironic that the people who are so eager to put this woman through the ringer are the same people who scream bloody murder because they are inconvenienced by the TSA going through security at airports. More people have died in America from acts of terrorism than from ebola. Way more. So, those of you who don't like going through security at airports? Suck it up and grow a pair, and quit your whinin'. A little inconvenience and invasion of your privacy won't hurt you. It's for the common good, right?

Right.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: SilverStarGazer
I think the issue is more of how she was treated by the people at the airport and hospital. You CAN follow procedure AND treat people with compassion, dignity and respect.

Exactly

IF she was not treated like a criminal but had been treated well with the quarantine the she may not be whining.

But it seems brutal and harsh treatment is what the unwashed masses want.....

That's quite the leap of logic. No one wants anyone to be mistreated.

That was unfortunate. Get over it and make it better. Sheesh.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Do you not understand what a quarantine is or is for? They don't have to be showing symptoms. They have to be segregated from the general population until cleared.
Do you understand that people that don't have ebola symptoms are not contagious? That's not the case with some diseases.

That's right. And he was no danger to anyone until he did. And since his symptoms did not reach an extreme level (vomiting, bleeding, diarrhea) there was minimal danger to anyone contacting him even then.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

originally posted by: Tatanka
Common sense has gone out the window. I'm sorry, but if you are going to travel to ebola infested areas of the world, work with ebola patients and insist on returning the states, you *should* be quarantined to protect the rest of your fellow countrymen and women. Nurse Hickox attitude is disgusting and full of entitlement. I fully support these governors actions to try and keep ebola from spreading in their states. As it is, we should be restricting air travel, another common sense method gone by the wayside. It almost seems as if someone wants everyone to get sick. I'm looking at our "president" to prove me wrong. He *should* be protecting American citizens *cough cough*.

If you fear that the people coming into the US are contagious to the degree that all suspects should be quarantined for 21 days, why would you allow them on a plane with hundreds of other passengers that will be allowed to go wherever they please?

Why would you allow them into the US in the first place? Where is the commonsense in that?

Again, I believe in caution, but what they are doing is not caution. I don't know what you want to call it, but it is not keeping anyone safe.

Because the damn government corporation conglomerate cluster flock won't ground freaking flights coming out of there so we have to handle it on this end?

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Do you understand that people that don't have ebola symptoms are not contagious? That's not the case with some diseases.

That's right. And he was no danger to anyone until he did. And since his symptoms did not reach an extreme level (vomiting, bleeding, diarrhea) there was minimal danger to anyone contacting him even then.

Do you not understand the range of time during which they could become contagious at any moment?

And it remains to be seen. Don't count luck as pattern with this disease. No one really knows how extreme or not extreme he got. You think they would tell us?

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Actually, I'd prefer them not be on that plane until they were known to be free of disease, but the Federal government is the only one that can take that step.

The states can quarantine once people come to them which is what is going on.

If the Fed won't act to protect the public health, the states will.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Another thing, is elections weeks, mid term elections, give the people what they want, (until elections) give the corporations what they want, after, and next after election open the darn airports to everybody again without screening, and just wait for the ones getting sick (or think they are sick) to start running to the ERs, like that corporate again gets what they want, a pandemic and profits to be made, to fix it allllllllll, meanwhile the HUMANS will start complaining again and again

Darn if you do darn if you don't, is just HUMAN nature to be used and abuse and used again and again

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

a reply to: Khaleesi

Okay.... when... exactly when.... does a person become contagious? Exactly when?
When they exhibit symptoms.

That is the WHOLE PURPOSE of quarantine. Waiting it out to make sure a person does not have the virus.
Then there will be no end to the quarantine. The WHO says that 2% of those who eventually display symptoms can take longer than 42 days to do so. So, how long do you want the quarantine to last without symptoms?

It should be understood upfront before they ever leave the States that quarantine WILL happen when they return.
Except that no one knew about this unilateral decision by New York and New Jersey until it was recently announced. Except that volunteers will become scarce and that will degrade the ability to fight the epidemic where it is.

I am a HCW and frankly I would expect it. It will also be in their best interest to be in quarantine in the case that that do have the virus.
Why? What treatment can they recieve that would help them if they are not symptomatic?

1. That is questionable. I will have to find a few sources for you (I'm sure you will not take my word for it) but I have heard that the timing of being contagious is becoming a big problem to nail down.

2. I had heard about a small percentage being asymptomatic beyond 21 days. I had not heard of any being asymptomatic after 40 days. I will research that.

3. So you are saying that people that are willing to risk their lives by treating victims of a disease with a high fatality rate would balk at sitting on their asses for 21+ days afterwards. They lose their altruistic ideals when it comes to protecting US citizens? Interesting!

4. So that at the first sign of symptoms, they can start receiving medical care, of course!

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Yes. That is the point of her complaint. That is the point of her lawsuit. She is going to make it better. Why demonize her for that?

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

They lose their altruistic ideals when it comes to protecting US citizens? Interesting!
No. But their zeal to follow those ideals would become dampened when facing the prospects of quarantine. A quarantine based not on science but on fear.

So that at the first sign of symptoms, they can start receiving medical care, of course!
They don't have to be in quarantine for that to happen.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

You got to be kidding, she is going to sue, the city? really? just like Mr. Duncan first ebola walking death, family is going to sue because Mr. walking death died.

You know I find all this soo stupid is beyond comprehension, again and again, humans, darn if you do darn if you don't.

I am getting a head ache now, too many margaritas.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Do you not understand the range of time during which they could become contagious at any moment?
Do you think that it's like turning a light switch?

And it remains to be seen. Don't count luck as pattern with this disease. No one really knows how extreme or not extreme he got. You think they would tell us?
It doesn't matter if they do tell us, does it? If people get sick as a result of exposure to him they will get sick and we will know about it. Or, I suppose you think that hospitals are teeming with hidden cases of ebola?

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

If people get sick as a result of exposure to him they will get sick and we will know about it. Or, I suppose you think that hospitals are teeming with hidden cases of ebola?

Haven't you heard? There ARE hundreds of ebola cases, but the government is abducting them and expunging the hospital records to hide it from us.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Actually, I'd prefer them not be on that plane until they were known to be free of disease, but the Federal government is the only one that can take that step.

The states can quarantine once people come to them which is what is going on.

If the Fed won't act to protect the public health, the states will.

So you admit it is a farce. If she was contagious as they suspected, then hundreds of exposed people are getting off that plane and possibly spreading the contagion all over that city, and everyone that boards that plane for the next 21+ days are just as likely to spread the contagion. So, who are they protecting?

Once she boarded that plane, if she was contagious, regardless to where the other passengers had been or not, they will have been exposed, and may be infected. So how does make you feels safe? What if she did start to show symptoms on day 10 or 20 in quarantine. Even if they get the flight manifest and track down everyone on that flight, it would be way to late.

Do you really think what they did to her is going to keep you safe? If you do, where are you going to draw the line?

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

You seem too Flamboyant about ebola, perhaps we, all the easy scaremongers may look silly to you, because we want security and you seem to see ebola as just a passing storm.

You know perhaps you are right to be frugal, when it comes to an infectious disease with 90% death rate, perhaps you know more than any of us silly people knows.

But until all this ebola scare goes away, I will like to keep myself in the knowledge that something is been done to keep my family and me safe and away from possible infection, that means not doing any volunteer work as a health worker in and ebola infected region and keeping those that do, tuck away for a period of time..

I hope you are right and we are all wrong about been concern and worry.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

You know perhaps you are right to be frugal, when it comes to an infectious disease with 90% death rate, perhaps you know more than any of us silly people knows.
It's 70% in west Africa but yes, it is a very dangerous disease. Particularly with inadequate health care. BTW, do you happen to know the death rate in the US?

But until all this ebola scare goes away, I will like to keep myself in the knowledge that something is been done to keep my family and me safe and away from possible infection, that means not doing any volunteer work as a health worker in and ebola infected region and keeping those that do, tuck away for a period of time..
Good thing not everyone is like you because without those volunteers it isn't going to "go away." Bad treatment and quarantine will not encourage volunteers.

You don't get to decide who goes into quarantine.
edit on 10/26/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

What you should be really, really afraid of, is that all the volunteers stop going over there. Because if they all stop what they are doing - ebola is going to infect many many more than just a few Americans.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: ketsuko

Anyone could be a terrorist. There are whites who have converted to Islam and become fundamentalists. Sure, it may be a small percentage, but even a small percentage can do a lot of damage. The white fundamentalist might put a bomb on his kid or his grannie. It could happen. Should we take a chance?

What does not taking a chance involve and what does this have to do with an Ebola quarantine?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join