It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dayshaview The lessing of it as you grow older.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
This is a inform ,information post and I would like any older people to chime in if possible.
when I was younger like most of you I would experence dayshaview fairly offton of corse science says we just rember a simler place or time a transpose our memory onto the new place or time .( great science explanation I mite add)
The thing is Im 40 now and in the last ten years it has occored less and less and my wife who is 30 has also had it happen much less .
So the question is why ? Have we had so manny experences that there are no new enough ones to cause it anymore?
i cant realy see that as we are a very acctive copple and tend to look for new experences to get the next new fealing from.
so what about it any of you olderpeople still have it happen fairly offton like when you were younger ?Or has it lessened like it has for my wife and I.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Maybe its due to the older we get, the less neurotic "misfires" we have, or simply less neurotic firing overall... For example, when we are young, and have an experience, neurons are firing all over the place in different directions (accessing different memories, and processes), and maybe stimulating the deja-vu experience in the first place. As we get older that chaotic firing of neurons lessens (or dullens), therefore our experiences of deja-vu lessen...

or

Maybe it is because as we get older (and wiser), our mind learns to organize and "defragment" the info and memories in our brain more efficiently, and learns to process incoming information (stimulation) more effectively, thereby reducing the amount of "erroneous CPU usage", aka chaotic firing of neurons taking place. This would lessen the number of deja-vu experiences, since these chaotic firings are no longer accidentally accessing and triggering similiar memories or emotions...

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Are you talking about �d�j� vu?�

join